Diane Kruger In Lanvin – Avenue des Champs-Élysées Illumination Ceremony

Diane Kruger attended an illumination ceremony on Avenue des Champs-Élysées in Paris, France yesterday, where she officially turned on the Christmas lights on the iconic Parisian avenue.

Wearing a Parisian brand, Diane kept warm wearing a Lanvin Fall 2012 dress.

Her gold-and-black crinkle-effect silk lamé dress was given an edge with a Lanvin brown braided belt with a roaring tiger’s head.

Black over-the-knee Brian Atwood ‘David’ boots and a black turtleneck provided the finishing touches.

I loved everything about this look until I got to the milkmaid braids.

Lanvin DressNet-A-Porter.com
Lanvin BeltBrowns Fashion, farfetch.com US and farfetch.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Which Was Your Favourite Ashley Greene ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2’ Promotional Tour Look?

Victoria Beckham In Junya Watanabe Comme des Garçons - LAX Airport

Victoria Beckham In Junya Watanabe Comme des Garçons – LAX Airport

17 Responses to Diane Kruger In Lanvin – Avenue des Champs-Élysées Illumination Ceremony

1. Charlotte November 22, 2012 at 10:43 #

I don’t thikng the dress suits her. She looks like she gains 10 kilos !
    I don’t like the belt, the blakc turtleneck and the hair !
    Really not a great look. She used to do so much better.

• Nathalie19 November 22, 2012 at 21:00 #

Totally agree!

It’s unbelievable how teeny-tiny Diane can look so heavy…..

And the hair looks stupid

2. Yeliz November 22, 2012 at 11:00 #

I hate the hairstyle and I agree with Charlotte that the coat makes her look wider than she is. It’s not her best look.

3. Rash November 22, 2012 at 11:04 #

I don’t like the belt at all, neither than hairdo with this look.

4. TL November 22, 2012 at 12:01 #

Her makeups is the only thing I like about this look.
    Not the dress- she looks puff up;not the belt- it is too thick;not the hair- don’t like milkmaid braids.

5. roxy November 22, 2012 at 12:37 #

I love the dress and the shoes but not the belt or the braids

6. Francesca November 22, 2012 at 13:33 #

I really dislike it. Not only the braids (that are definitely the worst part), but the look overall. The dress is too big on her, she looks puffy.
    I feel that the last few looks of her have been a constant disappointment

7. Dolly November 22, 2012 at 13:42 #

Who would have thought tiny Diane could ever chunky in something, this must be one of my least favourite looks of her ever

8. Christine November 22, 2012 at 14:39 #

This look seems too severe and unflattering.

9. Pedro November 22, 2012 at 14:41 #

“I loved everything about this look until I got to the milkmaid braids.”

i LOVE the belt!

10. Gillian November 22, 2012 at 15:36 #

what is happening to diane kruger? Three looks ago everything she wore was perfection, fashionable and daring yet still stylish, and now this? :(

11. Eirwen November 22, 2012 at 15:38 #

Oh my, the model looks soooo much better! I think it is the belt that made she look wider.

12. Rebecca Z November 22, 2012 at 15:40 #

I like the dress, but I think the belt was a mistake. The belt hides the black rectangular detail on the bodice and contributes to the perception that she is bulky around the middle. The black horizontal line at the waist would have given her definition there, but it is covered up. I repeat yesterday’s comment about her hair–what is it with these gorgeous German women that they love these weird retro hairstyles? It is a mystery.

13. pipsqueak November 22, 2012 at 15:52 #

Oh man, another girl from the Himalaya mountains! The braids, the wide belt, those boots, black “turtle neck” (whatever is coming out of that neck area) … too much, too busy. All I can think of is mountain dance & folk festival. And the outdoors dance was being performed on a cold, chilly day, so she had to bundle up.

14. Anon November 22, 2012 at 20:12 #

Terrible styling. I really miss the runway necklace adding a bit of colour, and as much as I love the belt by itself, it’s just too severe for the look. Missing the lose runway hair to soften things up too.

15. Alina November 23, 2012 at 17:45 #

Her hair looked stunning on TV, but I agree that it doesn’t work with her outfit.

16. TeaAtTwo November 24, 2012 at 14:57 #

I’d have preferred a subtler belt and chicer hair do but I do quite like it. I think Diane’s slim enough to have an extra layer.