Naomi Watts In Tom Ford – ‘The Impossible’ London Premiere

Naomi Watts attended the premiere for her latest movie, ‘The Impossible’ at the BFI IMAX in London last night – my sister and I got very emotional watching the preview; we don’t know how we’re going to get through the movie.

The actress, who used to be a tad predictable on the red carpet, has been mixing things up since Cannes. On this occasion she donned a Tom Ford Spring 2013 dress.

This dress may come off as a fairly simple LBD, but not only does it have the sleeves attached to the skirt, it also has an open back.

Naomi didn’t show off the full potential of the dress – thankfully – which she styled with Tom Ford padlock shoes, which are also favoured by Jennifer Lopez, and a black clutch.

Opting for neutral makeup for a fresh-faced look, Naomi completed her look with gold earrings and a chic updo.

Credit: Vogue.co.uk & Getty

Julianne Moore In Calvin Klein Collection - Calvin Klein Celebrate Women In Film

Julianne Moore In Calvin Klein Collection – Calvin Klein Celebrate Women In Film

Ewan McGregor In Vivienne Westwood MAN - ‘The Impossible’ London Premiere

Ewan McGregor In Vivienne Westwood MAN – ‘The Impossible’ London Premiere

12 Responses to Naomi Watts In Tom Ford – ‘The Impossible’ London Premiere

1. lola November 20, 2012 at 10:57 #

I think typically this is a case of:”It seemed like a good idea…” I think she is too short for this dress…it doesn’t do her any favors…

2. noo November 20, 2012 at 11:01 #

this reminds me of something that Adele could have worn when she first got famous! The hair and make up fall in the same category for me…

3. Christine November 20, 2012 at 14:34 #

I am not loving the hairstyle with this dress.

• Yeliz November 20, 2012 at 22:22 #

I agree, the hairstyle ages her a lot.

4. kane November 20, 2012 at 15:30 #

I’m happy :)

5. Jess2 November 20, 2012 at 16:58 #

This is a major fail for me. I love the dress in the lookbook, it is edgy and cool but Naomi’s whole look is frumpy. It may be that the dress doesn’t translate well to the red carpet but her hair and makeup is atrocious and matronly on this occasion. It clashes too severely. I would like to see someone else give this dress a go.

• Valeria November 21, 2012 at 07:12 #

Agree on matronly look-hair and makeup are not working for her

6. Nat39 November 20, 2012 at 19:43 #

My initial reaction was not to like it but she looks so radiant and comfortable with this look in all pics. and is really working it, plus the sexy open back and shoes save this look for me.

7. dressaddict November 20, 2012 at 21:09 #

This could easly be a photo from the 90′s, it looks really dated, maybe it’s the shoes and the hair?

8. Sienna November 21, 2012 at 00:37 #

It may be Tom Ford and ‘edgy’…. but that doesn’t make it immune from being ugly. No. No. No.

9. EmmaWoodhouse November 21, 2012 at 15:04 #

The dresss is–weird. It MIGHT have worked in an editorial, but not on the red carpet. It’s not a great look from Naomi. The hair is a bit messy and I don’t like the shoes.

10. Cole November 21, 2012 at 23:57 #

Is the red dress that Gwen Stefani wore in No Doubt’s “Looking Hot” video the same as this Tom Ford dress? It too, has the attached sleeves but it has a different neckline. See a picture of it here http://www.metro.co.uk/music/916921-no-doubt-pull-looking-hot-video-after-offending-native-americans