Taylor Swift In Zuhair Murad – 2012 American Music Awards

It looks like Taylor Swift is bringing back the sparkle, one red carpet look at time.

The young singer, who picked up several awards at the 2012 MTV EMAs last week, was looking to add to her collection on Sunday night at the 2012 American Music Awards, where she was up for ‘Favourite Country Female Artist’.

Dressed in a Zuhair Murad pre-Fall 2012 long-sleeve mini dress, the look featured intricate gold beadwork and a sexy open back.

Neil Lane jewels and Jimmy Choo sandals completed her golden girl look, with smoky eyes, nude lips and a chic updo providing the finishing touches.

This is the perfect look for Taylor. It’s young and event appropriate. I missed the sparkle, so I’m glad she’s rocking it once again on the red carpet.

Credit: Zuhair Muard Facebook & Getty

40 thoughts on “Taylor Swift In Zuhair Murad – 2012 American Music Awards

1. EmmaWoodhouse

100% LOVE everything but the length–too short for my taste. :( I would have been screaming BDOTY had this been a gown! Anyway, other than that, it’s another great look for Taylor. I like the sparkle! The shoes are fabulous too, I like that the back is elegant but not overly low, LOVE LOVE the neckline, and like that she wore an updo. Her hair down would not have worked with this dress.
    So, despite the length quibble, she’s definitely one of the best of the night.

1. Kathy

She has worn dresses of this length before, like her Pucci dress at the 2011 CMT Awards and the Zuhair Murad at the 2011 Vanity Fair Oscars party.

2. Nat39

Nothing to get excited about, but this short sexy dress suits her youth and is event-appropriate. She looks good.

3. Molly

She looks amazing. Her hair and makeup are flawless and make the entire look for me. I also love the back of the dress, but I feel like the dress looks much better on video than it does in pictures.

4. Odette

We’ve seen this look many times. I’m fine with her unleashing Sparkle Swift, but not in the form of yet another [Zuhair Murad] sparkly mini dress.

I would prefer Swifty add sparkle into her look like Ashley Greene: in accessories or on a hem of a dress or a bodice of a dress.

1. Jess

Agreed. She looks great, but she looks the same! I ALWAYS feel like I’ve seen her dresses before. I wish we could see something different from here every once in a while.

5. pipsqueak

Love this look. Taylor looked better than the model for two reasons: hair and shoes. She softened the look a bit but it still had some edge. She also looks great with big bangs.

6. gabis

I’m usually not very into Taylor Swift’s style, but she looks absolutely stunning here. I love it head to toe.

7. Kathy

I love it! The long sleeves and short hemline seem to balance each other out. Taylor looks great in gold and the embellishments on this dress are pretty. Great shoes as well, she never seems to run out of exciting footwear. I would have preferred a more noticeable lip color, but nude lips aren’t bad at all with this look.

8. Parvati

I can’t say I hate this or love this. I was taken aback by her recent EMA’s outing in J. Mendel because she took a step out of her comfort zone and pulled off the geometric gown looking proud, beautiful, and even edgy. but this look I feel like I have seen at least thrice before, even being a mini.

9. Aline

I absolutely LOVE it. It actually is one of my favorites Taylor looks. The accessories complement her dress perfectly and her hair looks great. Besides, the neckline is just so beautiful, it makes me die a little.

10. McKenzie

I think she looks flawless. Her hair and make-up really bring the outfit together. And I love those shoes.

FC, you didn’t tell us what you think!

1. EmmaWoodhouse

Katy’s Grammys 2010 dress was by Murad and was similar, but it wasn’t the exact same–I don’t believe it had lace on it. Good eye, though!

1. Kathy

It is sort of similar, I see where you’re coming from. Taylor’s version is just slightly lighter in color, and more delicate and lacey.

11. ash

I didn’t expect that she’d come back in her safe zone so soon.It’s beautiful but a little boring,tbh.makeup is flawless.

12. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang

Taylor Swift doesn’t lose the fashion gamble in this high neck gold lame floral brocade mini by Zuhair Murad!! Love hoe she pulled her hair up into a neat bangsy bun and the strappy sandals is perfectly accessoried to her delicate outfit and we have to admit she looks gorgeous in this dress!! Wow!!

13. Louise

LOVE! Especially the makeup, I really like her with nude makeup, a nice change from the constant red. And the hair is amazing, shoes are amazing, and so is that dress!

14. Jess2

Oh my god, this is just amazing! Best dressed of the event and the week. I really really love this, my jaw dropped and I am not often head over heels for her looks.

15. Rebecca Z

I think she looks really beautiful. This is more sophisticated than so many of her other sparkly looks because of the straight silhouette. And her hair style is also more sophisticated. She looks much more like a grown woman here than she often does.

16. Mana

She looks fabulous! I’m even jealous lol She looks hot, elegant and even appropiate. I’m GLAD She’s leaving aside the childish-like look she used to have.

17. Chloe

I’m too bored to even care about this look. Zzz. Plus, if you look closely, the bust area is tad too loose on her.