Taylor Swift In Zuhair Murad – 2012 American Music Awards

It looks like Taylor Swift is bringing back the sparkle, one red carpet look at time.

The young singer, who picked up several awards at the 2012 MTV EMAs last week, was looking to add to her collection on Sunday night at the 2012 American Music Awards, where she was up for ‘Favourite Country Female Artist’.

Dressed in a Zuhair Murad pre-Fall 2012 long-sleeve mini dress, the look featured intricate gold beadwork and a sexy open back.

Neil Lane jewels and Jimmy Choo sandals completed her golden girl look, with smoky eyes, nude lips and a chic updo providing the finishing touches.

This is the perfect look for Taylor. It’s young and event appropriate. I missed the sparkle, so I’m glad she’s rocking it once again on the red carpet.

Credit: Zuhair Muard Facebook & Getty

Kelly Rowland In Naeem Khan - 2012 American Music Awards

Kelly Rowland In Naeem Khan – 2012 American Music Awards

Nicki Minaj In Monique Lhuillier - 2012 American Music Awards

Nicki Minaj In Monique Lhuillier – 2012 American Music Awards

40 Responses to Taylor Swift In Zuhair Murad – 2012 American Music Awards

1. EmmaWoodhouse November 19, 2012 at 01:46 #

100% LOVE everything but the length–too short for my taste. :( I would have been screaming BDOTY had this been a gown! Anyway, other than that, it’s another great look for Taylor. I like the sparkle! The shoes are fabulous too, I like that the back is elegant but not overly low, LOVE LOVE the neckline, and like that she wore an updo. Her hair down would not have worked with this dress.
    So, despite the length quibble, she’s definitely one of the best of the night.

• Kathy November 19, 2012 at 02:09 #

She has worn dresses of this length before, like her Pucci dress at the 2011 CMT Awards and the Zuhair Murad at the 2011 Vanity Fair Oscars party.

• EmmaWoodhouse November 19, 2012 at 02:39 #

Oh, I know. I just prefer a longer length.

2. Nat39 November 19, 2012 at 01:51 #

Nothing to get excited about, but this short sexy dress suits her youth and is event-appropriate. She looks good.

3. Molly November 19, 2012 at 01:51 #

She looks amazing. Her hair and makeup are flawless and make the entire look for me. I also love the back of the dress, but I feel like the dress looks much better on video than it does in pictures.

4. Odette November 19, 2012 at 01:52 #

We’ve seen this look many times. I’m fine with her unleashing Sparkle Swift, but not in the form of yet another [Zuhair Murad] sparkly mini dress.

I would prefer Swifty add sparkle into her look like Ashley Greene: in accessories or on a hem of a dress or a bodice of a dress.

• Jess November 19, 2012 at 02:09 #

Agreed. She looks great, but she looks the same! I ALWAYS feel like I’ve seen her dresses before. I wish we could see something different from here every once in a while.

5. pipsqueak November 19, 2012 at 01:54 #

Love this look. Taylor looked better than the model for two reasons: hair and shoes. She softened the look a bit but it still had some edge. She also looks great with big bangs.

• Yeliz November 19, 2012 at 08:18 #

6. gabis November 19, 2012 at 01:58 #

I’m usually not very into Taylor Swift’s style, but she looks absolutely stunning here. I love it head to toe.

7. J November 19, 2012 at 02:05 #

I think she looks great. Nice to see a non-see-through Murad look.

8. akua November 19, 2012 at 02:10 #

i love this look but i wish once it wont be sparkly dress. Good but not great.

9. Christine November 19, 2012 at 02:14 #

Back to sparkles. Seen this look so many times.

10. Kathy November 19, 2012 at 02:16 #

I love it! The long sleeves and short hemline seem to balance each other out. Taylor looks great in gold and the embellishments on this dress are pretty. Great shoes as well, she never seems to run out of exciting footwear. I would have preferred a more noticeable lip color, but nude lips aren’t bad at all with this look.

11. Parvati November 19, 2012 at 02:28 #

I can’t say I hate this or love this. I was taken aback by her recent EMA’s outing in J. Mendel because she took a step out of her comfort zone and pulled off the geometric gown looking proud, beautiful, and even edgy. but this look I feel like I have seen at least thrice before, even being a mini.

12. LCC November 19, 2012 at 02:36 #

Yup. LOVE TAYLOR!

13. Aline November 19, 2012 at 02:54 #

I absolutely LOVE it. It actually is one of my favorites Taylor looks. The accessories complement her dress perfectly and her hair looks great. Besides, the neckline is just so beautiful, it makes me die a little.

14. McKenzie November 19, 2012 at 02:57 #

I think she looks flawless. Her hair and make-up really bring the outfit together. And I love those shoes.

FC, you didn’t tell us what you think!

15. Amy November 19, 2012 at 03:01 #

Didn’t Katy Perry wear a gown version of this dress years ago? I’m having major déjà vu!

• Fashion Critic November 19, 2012 at 03:05 #

now you mention it…it does feel a tad familiar

• EmmaWoodhouse November 19, 2012 at 03:49 #

Katy’s Grammys 2010 dress was by Murad and was similar, but it wasn’t the exact same–I don’t believe it had lace on it. Good eye, though!

• EmmaWoodhouse November 19, 2012 at 03:50 #

I mean Posen, not Murad

• Kathy November 19, 2012 at 18:34 #

It is sort of similar, I see where you’re coming from. Taylor’s version is just slightly lighter in color, and more delicate and lacey.

16. Leo November 19, 2012 at 03:06 #

Boring, I have seen this thousand times and better.

17. lali November 19, 2012 at 03:11 #

she looks ready for the ice skating competition

18. ash November 19, 2012 at 03:38 #

I didn’t expect that she’d come back in her safe zone so soon.It’s beautiful but a little boring,tbh.makeup is flawless.

19. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang November 19, 2012 at 03:59 #

Taylor Swift doesn’t lose the fashion gamble in this high neck gold lame floral brocade mini by Zuhair Murad!! Love hoe she pulled her hair up into a neat bangsy bun and the strappy sandals is perfectly accessoried to her delicate outfit and we have to admit she looks gorgeous in this dress!! Wow!!

20. Louise November 19, 2012 at 04:21 #

LOVE! Especially the makeup, I really like her with nude makeup, a nice change from the constant red. And the hair is amazing, shoes are amazing, and so is that dress!

• admmgz November 19, 2012 at 17:14 #

21. marie November 19, 2012 at 05:20 #

of course!

22. Pedro November 19, 2012 at 05:24 #

WOW!

She looks like a supermodel, gorgeous!

23. Amy November 19, 2012 at 09:44 #

she looks nice, nothing new but nice for sure

24. Moxie November 19, 2012 at 15:16 #

Beautiful, but nothing original.

25. Jess2 November 19, 2012 at 15:59 #

Oh my god, this is just amazing! Best dressed of the event and the week. I really really love this, my jaw dropped and I am not often head over heels for her looks.

26. Dhppy November 19, 2012 at 19:27 #

This is one of my favorite Taylor Swift looks ever.

27. Rebecca Z November 19, 2012 at 19:47 #

I think she looks really beautiful. This is more sophisticated than so many of her other sparkly looks because of the straight silhouette. And her hair style is also more sophisticated. She looks much more like a grown woman here than she often does.

28. Mana November 19, 2012 at 21:25 #

She looks fabulous! I’m even jealous lol She looks hot, elegant and even appropiate. I’m GLAD She’s leaving aside the childish-like look she used to have.

29. Jamie November 20, 2012 at 03:03 #

Taylor looks SPECTACULAR in Zuhair Murad! She is perfection, dazzling, and very sexy in this dress!

30. Chloe November 20, 2012 at 20:54 #

I’m too bored to even care about this look. Zzz. Plus, if you look closely, the bust area is tad too loose on her.