Rihanna In Raf Simons & Acne – Westfield Stratford Christmas Lights Switch On

Rihanna was on hand to switch on the Westfield Stratford City Christmas lights in London today, ahead of her ‘777’ concert in the capital this evening.

The singer may have been inspired by my menswear posts from last week because she wore an Acne blue-and-grey striped sleeveless top with matching pants, both from the Spring 2013 menswear collection, with a crisp white shirt.

To keep her warm, and to up the ante style-wise, she donned a Raf Simons Fall 2012 electric-blue double-breasted coat.

I adore this look from head to toe. This is more like the Rihanna I know and love: creative, inspiring, pushing the envelope and leaving her copy-cats in her wake.

Feminine touches came via her red lippie, rockabilly hairstyle, red talons and grey suede pumps.

I’m so going to try to recreate this look in some way, shape or form.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Kate Moss In Marc Jacobs - ‘Kate: The Kate Moss Book’ Launch Party

Kate Moss In Marc Jacobs – ‘Kate: The Kate Moss Book’ Launch Party

Bérénice Marlohe In Julien Macdonald – Omega x Hankyu Men's Tokyo x Bond Girl Event

Bérénice Marlohe In Julien Macdonald – Omega x Hankyu Men’s Tokyo x Bond Girl Event

24 Responses to Rihanna In Raf Simons & Acne – Westfield Stratford Christmas Lights Switch On

1. Jess November 19, 2012 at 21:12 #

I like this look, but I think it would look better with shorter pants and a slightly smaller coat.

Love the hair and makeup too!

• Christine November 20, 2012 at 02:16 #

I agree. I admire this look but wish it was in her sizes but she is rocking it! I want that coat :D

• manja November 20, 2012 at 15:38 #

smaller size of everything was needed here,she is swimming in it,so not liking it as is.but I like it as an idea and something very diff.

2. Yeliz November 19, 2012 at 21:19 #

Not something what I would wear, but she pulled it off amazingly. I just wish the pants were a tad shorter.

3. FeministModel November 19, 2012 at 21:34 #

BRRR!! I hate this look. It looks like me on a very cold day alone at day, when I put layer on layer with absolutely no regard on the resulting look. I’m very surprised that FC loves it, but well, it’s part of the pleasure to see we have different tastes on this website :-)

• Fashion Critic November 19, 2012 at 21:35 #

I think I’m having a menswear appreciation phase :)

• FeministModel November 19, 2012 at 21:36 #

We’ll follow it with interest! ;-) Maybe you’ll convince me with time!!

4. jones19 November 19, 2012 at 21:44 #

Sorry I can’t bring myself to like this. Looks like PJ’s…and not even pretty PJ’s.

• Alina November 24, 2012 at 18:05 #

5. Lola November 19, 2012 at 21:51 #

I love this. I kind of wish she had made it sexy by wearing just the shirt as a dress, but at the same time I really admire her for letting go of the sexy every now and then. We all know she’s stunning, but it is truly something else to wear a men’s look from head to toe and ooze such confidence.

6. Rebecca Z November 19, 2012 at 21:59 #

She remains one of my favorites even though I don’t LOVE this look. I am working on loving it, though.

7. Rebecca Z November 19, 2012 at 22:00 #

BTW, FC, you have put in a very LONG day today! Thank you so much.

• Fashion Critic November 19, 2012 at 22:14 #

thanks for the shout out… x

yes…off to dinner now then bed :D

• Lola November 19, 2012 at 22:18 #

Yes, thanks FC x

8. Rita November 19, 2012 at 22:02 #

Love it. I think I shouldn’t like it so much but I love that she’s pushing boundaries and not trying to be super sexy with this look. I could never wear this but I can admire it from afar.

9. Odette November 19, 2012 at 22:54 #

Ideas, perhaps, for translating this look FC:

Red lips, gold stud earrings, striped top under a blue blazer with dark blue [skinny] wash jeans and grey pumps.

Add a white collared shirt under the striped top and red nails for more authenticity.

Are those good ideas FC? You are a stylish woman, but practical too, so I assumed you might not go full on stripe like Rihanna [and wear a more flattering, feminine chic blazer].

Tibi has a gorgeous navy silk striped tank on Net-a-porter right now and J.W. Anderson for Topshop has a great striped sweater and pants available online as well.

10. robbie November 20, 2012 at 00:13 #

i really hate the coat yet at the same time i love it.

11. Pedro November 20, 2012 at 00:41 #

OH MY GOD!

She looks fierce, i love everything!

“creative, inspiring, pushing the envelope and leaving her copy-cats in her wake.”

12. EmmaWoodhouse November 20, 2012 at 00:59 #

Afraid I must disagree here–I really, really dislike this look. And the originals are even worse! The striped outfit looks like a convict’s…not working for me.

13. TeaAtTwo November 20, 2012 at 01:06 #

It’s a really interesting look, one that I think Rihanna’s rocking well. I

14. MEME November 20, 2012 at 06:43 #

I love menswear as much as the next person, but something reads 1940’s prison convict, if the blazer was tailored, and take away the pants or the top, I thought the whole point about menswear was to not make it look like menswear???

15. Noemi (WBiS) November 20, 2012 at 08:52 #

What a waste of clothes… She looks tacky when she’s dressed with very few clothes, she looks terrible when she’s overdressed. She and fashion are a nonsense match.

16. Beta November 20, 2012 at 09:14 #

that coat is to die for!!

17. Marko_M November 20, 2012 at 17:08 #