19.11.12

Carly Rae Jepsen In Gomez-Gracia – 2012 American Music Awards

The 2012 American Music Awards held in LA on Sunday evening was Carly Rae Jepsen’s second music awards ceremony within a week.

On this occasion she wore a very pretty pink Gomez-Gracia gown.

Nominated for ‘New Artist of the Year’, the singer’s baby-pink, backless, deep v halter gown, shimmering with thousands of iridescent micro-sequins, was styled with a complementary pink Edie Parker clutch.

Many of you disliked Carly’s hairstyle at the EMAs, but she lightened her hair colour to soften her look and opted for a side-swept bun this time around.

Frosty pink lips, to complement her dress, and silvery eye shadow provided the finishing touches.

Much improved from the EMAs, or are you not impressed with this look?

Credit: Getty

Jordin Sparks In Etro - 2012 American Music Awards

Jordin Sparks In Etro – 2012 American Music Awards

Ginnifer Goodwin In Oscar de la Renta - 2012 American Music Awards

Ginnifer Goodwin In Oscar de la Renta – 2012 American Music Awards

24 Responses to Carly Rae Jepsen In Gomez-Gracia – 2012 American Music Awards

1. MEME November 19, 2012 at 00:42 #

Why???…. Just why???…. she looks cheesy….

2. EmmaWoodhouse November 19, 2012 at 00:45 #

Like the multi-colored sequins, but not the skimpyish halter top. Not sure if the pink is helping her to look more mature. Maybe she should have gone with midnight blue? Again, the style isn’t really working for me although overall it’s OK. The hair is better this time although the bangs are still a bit heavy.

3. Nat39 November 19, 2012 at 00:56 #

I imagine this gown on a more mature boobilicious lounge singer. Not impressed.

4. anna November 19, 2012 at 01:06 #

Decent dress. TERRIBLE make up and hair.

• Beta November 19, 2012 at 07:58 #

my thoughts exactly, id love to see her with her hair pulled back. The dress is pretty and matches her bubblegum stage persona

5. Parvati November 19, 2012 at 01:06 #

This looks like a 7 year old’s art project. Cheesy gown, awkward hair. Although the makeup is flawless, I will give her that.

6. Molly November 19, 2012 at 01:53 #

She needs to thin out her bangs, they are way to heavy for her face.

7. Odette November 19, 2012 at 02:00 #

I think this look is the perfect look for Carly.

Look at it this way: this is the girl who is known for mindless bubble pop songs, and her dress is girly sparkly and fun. It works. The whole look is harmless. On Katy Perry, this gown would be T-A-C-K-Y, but on Carly it is kinda elegantly fun.

8. Christine November 19, 2012 at 02:07 #

This is just bad.

• admmgz November 19, 2012 at 16:17 #

9. Jess November 19, 2012 at 02:13 #

I would really like to see her without bangs, they make her look teen bopper-y.

10. Kathy November 19, 2012 at 02:25 #

She lightened her hair? I couldn’t even tell. I like the dress, but it’s pretty cookie-cutter. Considering Carly’s public image and demographic, I’m not that surprised. A more interesting silhouette would have spiced things up.

11. mia November 19, 2012 at 03:32 #

i agree there is something sad and scary about Carly’s hair. either shave bald and start all over again – or WEAR WIGS like everyone else does. cos this is just bad.

however – i disagree with most of the comments here about the make up. I actually prefer this lighter make up on her because it a lot more refreshing, and you can see her features clearer. She always has small eyes – so it doesn’t help when she piling so much dark make up (like she did for the EMAs).

12. Sam November 19, 2012 at 04:24 #

I love her EFFY Jewelry!! Great snake ring!!

13. Yeliz November 19, 2012 at 07:40 #

I think overall, this is better than her EMAs look, but I’m not impressed by her style.

14. Amy November 19, 2012 at 09:46 #

The dress has a weird fit and I HATE her bangs.

15. Rita November 19, 2012 at 13:30 #

Oh my God. Awful awful awful. The shape of the dress is weird and the sequins are ugly colored. Plus could she please lighten her hair and make the bangs go away?

16. Grace November 19, 2012 at 15:45 #

This dress makes her look like a teenage girl going to prom.

17. Sarah November 19, 2012 at 17:08 #

I think people forget how old Carly Rae Jepsen is and assume she is a Disney teen type starlet. The woman is 26 years old! She is the same age as Rooney Mara, Keira Knightley etc. She just dresses far too young for her age. In my opinion her dress sense is much younger than the likes of Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato, who are both 6 years her junior. She needs to start wearing more mature clothing!

18. Dhppy November 19, 2012 at 18:32 #

The dress is neither a plus nor a minus, it’s the hair and makeup that has pushed the look over the wrong side. And considering I never make that comment about even more out there musicians like Lady Gaga, or Nikki Minaj, that’s saying something.

19. Kimberley November 19, 2012 at 23:18 #

I think she looks amazing. Fresh and youthful. The gown is gorgeous and fits her perfectly. I assume all the people on here making so many negative comments are probably a bunch of spiteful people who can’t be happy for someone… or could never wear a dress like that! the girl and the dress are gorgeous!

20. Alexia November 19, 2012 at 23:19 #

Love love love the dress!!!

21. maria November 21, 2012 at 07:30 #

She looks classy and it fits her great!! Shame yo can’t see the back of the gown as it’s backless, but I rate her a 10 out of 10!

22. Elena November 21, 2012 at 17:18 #

I don’t like the make up and hair. Carly Rae Jepsen dressed Whitney Eve in her performance and I prefer this look: