16.11.12

Jennifer Aniston and fiancé Justin Theroux attended the 2012 American Cinematheque Tribute, which honoured Ben Stiller for his significant contributions to the film industry, at the Beverly Hills Hotel yesterday evening.

The happily engaged couple wore matching black and white looks à la Posh and Becks: the Spice Girl years.

He wore a classic tux; Jennifer wore a sleek Valentino gown.

I was surprised that Jennifer picked this black strapless gown with a white bow, because it wasn’t all black.

Even her Valentino clutch was white.

While I appreciated the soon-to-be Mrs Theroux side-stepping out of her all-black comfort zone, I wish she’d styled her hair into a chic updo or even a classic chignon with this look.

Do you agree?

This gown made me think of Anne Hathaway’s 2007 Valentino Oscar gown.

You can buy Jennifer’s Valentino gown from Stylebop US and Stylebop.com.

Credit: Getty

Lily Collins In Roland Mouret - Flaunt Magazine and G-Star Raw Pre-Release of 'The Dye' Issue Celebration

Lily Collins In Roland Mouret – Flaunt Magazine and G-Star Raw Pre-Release of ‘The Dye’ Issue Celebration

Dakota Fanning In Valentino -  ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2′ New York Premiere

Dakota Fanning In Valentino – ‘The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn Part 2′ New York Premiere

12 Responses to Jennifer Aniston In Valentino – 2012 American Cinematheque Tribute To Ben Stiller

1. Tracey November 16, 2012 at 11:30 #

I don’t feel like this dress is very flattering to her shape. It makes her look wider than she is. But I love the clutch and she looks very happy.

• Charlotte November 16, 2012 at 12:05 #

I agree. And I don’t like her hair, a chic updo would bave been better.

• Tracey November 16, 2012 at 18:12 #

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen her with an updo.

• gabis November 16, 2012 at 14:34 #

I agree, she looks a tad flat on that dress, with no curves around her waist. Not exactly flattering for sure.
      Apart from that she looks just as usual here, nothing too much, nothing too exciting, not so far from her comfort zone but getting the job of looking good done in the end of the day. I agree about her hair and also I wish she had opted for a necklace instead of the big earrings.
      And as for the clutch, she must really love it as she appeared with the same model but in a different colour a few months ago.

2. Lyvm November 16, 2012 at 12:04 #

Dont like it at all. Jst makes her bust appear too wide

3. roxy November 16, 2012 at 12:25 #

the dress isn’t flattering but she is still in her comfort zone. It’s either black, white or nude with her and always boring

4. Yeliz November 16, 2012 at 12:45 #

I agree about the hair, but I like everything else.

5. dee November 16, 2012 at 13:18 #

I don’t like dress. Her hair looks to casual for the gown. I only like her clutch.

6. Christine November 16, 2012 at 13:21 #

A very dull and unflattering look. Tired of her same hairstyle too.

7. katie November 16, 2012 at 15:56 #

I think Jen has a new stylist hence the change in direction with her outfits,i dont think this dress does much for her

8. Grace Patricia November 16, 2012 at 22:50 #

It’s not flattering. It’s pretty boring. But it’s not fair with the rest of us being so amazing before 40.

9. EmmaWoodhouse November 18, 2012 at 16:36 #

Ugh. This is even worse than Hathaway’s dress, and I didn’t think much could be! Really blah and unflattering.