Sonam Kapoor In Elie Saab Couture – Jab Tak Hai Jaan Premiere

I have missed Sonam Kapoor.

The Indian actress was resplendent on the red carpet for the Jab Tak Hai Jaan premiere in Mumbai this weekend.

She wore one of my favourite looks from the Elie Saab Spring 2012 Couture collection.

A vision in white, ethereal, sophisticated and headed to the BDOTW list.

I love the Princess Leia hairdo with this look.

Stunning jewels and a white clutch provided the finishing touches.

Credit: Style.com & missmalini.com

Pharrell Williams In Lanvin - 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

Pharrell Williams In Lanvin – 2012 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

Cameron Diaz’ Ageless Look

Cameron Diaz’ Ageless Look

30 Comments

30 Responses to Sonam Kapoor In Elie Saab Couture – Jab Tak Hai Jaan Premiere

1. Nat39 November 13, 2012 at 18:46 #

It’s like a bad bridal gown, I find the shape frumpy, widening, very unflattering. Gorgeous face and earrings.

• Beta November 14, 2012 at 11:15 #

+1 too much fabric

2. sara November 13, 2012 at 18:49 #

GORGEOUS!!! BDOTW for sure…

3. Eri November 13, 2012 at 18:57 #

Simply stunning!!!!!!!! I’m not sure of the hair style, but still it looks sleek and neat and complements the gorgeous dress. I can see her easy win at BDOTW contest. :D

4. dee November 13, 2012 at 19:01 #

Stunning, flawless, gorgeous.

5. Pati November 13, 2012 at 19:05 #

Oh no! She just ruined it for me with the hair! I have a vision of Jennifer Aniston in the episode of Friends when she dressed up for Ross but he kept on seeing his mum! I will never get over this one LOL. Horrible idea with the had! The dress is beautiful, though.

6. bas November 13, 2012 at 19:31 #

THIS is how to work a premiere. BTOTW for sure!

7. Yeliz November 13, 2012 at 19:31 #

I like this look but something is holding me from loving it. Maybe it’s the skirt which looks too bridal. Not really liking the hair either. Her face is beautiful.

• admmgz November 13, 2012 at 20:45 #

8. Odette November 13, 2012 at 19:31 #

I know FC- I was experiencing Sonam Withdrawl too.

This isn’t bridally at all. It just happens to be white.

She looks divine. BDOTW.

9. malinda jane November 13, 2012 at 19:34 #

Too bridal with too much volume in all the wrong places.

• tiffany November 13, 2012 at 21:34 #

+1 – I mean really? At this point Elie and dresses like this are just TOO obvious.

10. Hannah November 13, 2012 at 19:44 #

As much as I love, and have missed, Sonam, I find this super brida – it actually reminds me of the recent Luxembourg royal wedding gown, but with a v-neck and no train or veil.

11. Zina November 13, 2012 at 20:49 #

I’m not amazed by the look thanks to the hair but I don’t think it was too bridal-looking either….and even if it were, in India the bridal gowns are red most of the time, so one doesn’t notice it there ;-)

12. Moxie November 13, 2012 at 22:19 #

Love the dress, but it is too bridal looking to me. Maybe not in Mumbai, but in the west.

13. mia November 13, 2012 at 22:27 #

I agree this look is WAY to bridal for my liking. u should only look like a bride – if it’s your wedding. which this is not.

visually the make is lovely – the hair is giving me “Princess Leia” vibes. i think a bun would’ve sufficed.

14. Christine November 13, 2012 at 23:05 #

The bottom half looks weird. Too much fabric?

15. EmmaWoodhouse November 14, 2012 at 00:09 #

Divine and BDOTW-worthy. On the runway it was ill-fitted and off-putting, but Sonam just brings it to life and works some Elie Saab magic. The hair really works here! BDOTW! BDOTW! BDOTW! :D

16. Tia November 14, 2012 at 01:51 #

She’s not even in the movie! I’ve always thought it’s bad form to try to upstage the stars at their own premiere…

I do like what the two leading ladies wore though I have no Idea who the designers are….

• Sarah November 14, 2012 at 08:48 #

Katrina, the girl in gold wore Tarun Tahiliani and Anushka wore Roberto Cavalli

• Beta November 14, 2012 at 11:15 #

thanks! the blue dress the lady on the left is wearing is gorgeous :)

17. J November 14, 2012 at 02:51 #

It’s not a bad dress in and of itself if you are a bride.

18. kiwi November 14, 2012 at 06:03 #

Lovely…. and in the Indian Red Carpet context.. very different

19. Rash November 14, 2012 at 08:24 #

Agreed It was a premiere, but it was also a tribute to one of a legendary Indian filmmaker on a grand scale, so I didn’t think she really wanted to upstage anyone, the others were relatively less dressed :-)
    (no, I am not from sonam kapoor fan club :-D )

It’s better we just talk about her look, which I feel is Wow, after a long time from her. Yupp BDOTW contender!!

PS : Anushka Sharma is in Roberto Cavalli and Katrina is in Tarun Tahilani

20. Sarah November 14, 2012 at 08:47 #

FC, Why didnt you feature Anushka Sharma too? She is the lead of Jab Tak hai Jaan and looked flawless in Cavalli

21. V November 14, 2012 at 09:23 #

I am sorry that hairdo ages her and I don’t like the make-up. The dress is a tad too bridal

22. Lalitha November 14, 2012 at 09:47 #

This looks like a wedding dress to me. Love her face!

23. Ahot November 14, 2012 at 10:00 #

humm, i would not choose this as a bride, & as someone stated earlier, most indian brides wear traditional red outfits, so it´s a yay from me. Glad she is back!

24. Jess2 November 14, 2012 at 10:03 #

I don’t find this bridal but I just don’t really like the look, not exactly sure why though. Bit of a mystery. Excited to have her back on the carpet though.

25. the ogre November 15, 2012 at 04:56 #

ah well! the dress definitely fits beautifully on Sonam…and i am a huge Star Wars fan as well but i wouldn’t work that Princess Leia bun with that dress…beautiful jewels though…and its not bridal at all in the Indian context…Anushka Sharma looked better though…should have featured her too…