Taylor Swift In J. Mendel – 2012 MTV EMAs

Taylor Swift sparkled on the red carpet at the 2012 MTV Europe Music Awards tonight held in Frankfurt, Germany.

The singer took home three awards on the night including ‘Best Live’ which she won over Kanye West. On this occasion the rapper was gracious enough to give her a round of applause.

Wearing one of her favourite designers, the singer, who also performed at the event, wore a J. Mendel Fall 2012 gown.

The grey lightly beaded gown with patterned detailing was styled with Neil Lane jewels, sultry smoky eyes and wavy locks.

Taylor didn’t sport her signature bold red lip colour; she glowed opting for a glossy nude lip, but by the time Taylor collected her first award, the signature red lip was back.

I loved this look. Taylor is really coming into her own and blowing me away on a regularly which is never a bad thing.

Do you prefer Taylor’s look with the nude lip or the red lip?

I preferred the nude.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rita Ora In Marchesa - 2012 MTV EMAs

Rita Ora In Marchesa – 2012 MTV EMAs

Alicia Keys In Stella McCartney - 2012 MTV EMAs

Alicia Keys In Stella McCartney – 2012 MTV EMAs

36 Responses to Taylor Swift In J. Mendel – 2012 MTV EMAs

1. Chloe November 12, 2012 at 00:32 #

No words to describe how much I love this

2. robbie November 12, 2012 at 00:35 #

THANK GOD she didnt wear red, i was having nightmares over her turning up in a red gown. she looks fantastic.

3. roxy November 12, 2012 at 00:39 #

best she’s ever looked!

4. Kimi November 12, 2012 at 00:39 #

I think this is my overall favorite gown and styling from Taylor Swift. And I prefer the nude lip makes more of a statement.

• Tati M November 12, 2012 at 20:00 #

5. Mandy November 12, 2012 at 00:52 #

I actually prefer the gown with the red lippy this time. I think it needs the colour to lift it up from being too monotone.

• dee November 12, 2012 at 13:51 #

6. EmmaWoodhouse November 12, 2012 at 01:33 #

Wow, Taylor knocks it out of the park again! Love this–though I am slightly put off by some possible sheerness. It isn’t very obvious though so I won’t critique it too much. I love the white and silver on her and how buoyant her hair looks (although I’m still missing the curls/no bangs look). This is a BDOTW worthy look for me–Congrats on her wins and on a win on the red carpet!
    P.S. Nude lippie for me…it’s less predictable. And I love Taylor so much but not the performance outfit.

7. Nishta November 12, 2012 at 01:40 #

I love the nude lip (: It makes the look very elegant. I’m guessing the red lips were for a performance.

8. Odette November 12, 2012 at 02:05 #

I don’t think this is her best look, but I love the gown. I bet it shimmered and sparkled as she glided down the red carpet.

I love the hair, but it looks like a wig on her. It’s too big for her head and I can see her chestbones.

Fingers crossed she wears a lovely gown from the Spring 2013 collection and any other J. Mendel gown that isn’t nude, white or metallicy. J. Mendel and Taylor Swift are a match made in heaven otherwise.

I hated her performance look, as she looked not Taylor Swifty if you know what I mean. I know she is evolving into a new style direction, but the performance look is too much like her tasteless contemporaries. Taylor Swift has classy taste, but her performance look doesn’t, which is what I don’t like. Ah, I finally got to it!

• ash November 12, 2012 at 05:53 #

Odette calm down! I think the costume she wore is just to fit the whole theme of the show.

• Odette November 12, 2012 at 14:38 #

Shortshorts, fishnets and *can’tsayithere* boots? The jacket is okay, but not everything else.

• EmmaWoodhouse November 12, 2012 at 16:01 #

I agree about the performance outfit. Taylor is generally so very classy that this was…a step down. It’s certainly not on the Britney level but I TOTALLY get what you’re saying.

9. KK November 12, 2012 at 02:50 #

She looks absolutely AMAZING in this dress!! I know yall get tired of it, but I love her red lips. Not everyone can pull it off and I think she does. In this case, however, I favor the look with the nude lip. I mean, it’s just perfection non?

10. Valerie November 12, 2012 at 03:46 #

Both make up look (red or nude lips) was great on her. What a wonderfully crafted dress, stunning, seductive with a touch of inspiration from the 20′s – 30′s.

Only this look would be perfect if she would have find a proper haircut…the bangs…definately too heavy for her face and for the overall look.

11. kathryn November 12, 2012 at 04:00 #

I LOVE this look! Very grown-up and glamorous. It’s Sunday and I’ve already seen 3 BDOTW week looks between Taylor, Rita, and Karolina.

12. Christine November 12, 2012 at 04:03 #

Wow, she looks stunning! I like the red lip over the nude.

13. Dhppy November 12, 2012 at 04:21 #

I could have done without the suggestive upside down U shape at the crotch, but otherwise, a nice gown.

14. Lyvm November 12, 2012 at 04:36 #

Although vintage-y pretty, lacy dresses are her signature this is really refreshing

15. ash November 12, 2012 at 05:51 #

her red lip was for the performance,so it’s not exactly a part of the “look”. I prefer nude,of course. Gorgeous gown,Everything J.Mendel look good on her.

16. Yeliz November 12, 2012 at 07:46 #

I prefer the nude lip more. And I love this from head to toe. BDOTW
    contender IMO.

17. sanya November 12, 2012 at 09:59 #

AShe is really cute. I like dress, and I like her hair, but she is too pale. I would prefer another makeup, especially lipstick.

18. silkpathdiary November 12, 2012 at 10:15 #

I LOVE this look head to toe. The dress is just beautiful with the right mix of elegance and sexiness. I agree, she’s really coming into her own and looks much more comfortable. It’s easy to forget how young she is and I hope she never loses that sweet quality.
    She has it all, talent, shape and height. It’ll be interesting to watch her style evolve.
    Well done to her!

19. Juliana November 12, 2012 at 10:34 #

I LOVE this look and I’m currently in love with her hair – this darker hue is a nice change of pace, I find it richer and more chic than the old light blond.

20. mia November 12, 2012 at 10:56 #

i agree – the nude lips is refreshing and gives a softer and feminine look – which suits Taylor. I love everything about this outfit – from pose, to the hair, make up and dress. simply beautiful :)

21. TeaAtTwo November 12, 2012 at 11:18 #

I think the nude makes more sense with the delicate nature of the dress. It’s pretty.

22. Leo November 12, 2012 at 12:03 #

This is a first for me, I love a Taylor Swift look. Head to toe, even her hair does not annoy me for once. The dress looks great on her, it has the sparkle she loves but it’s just the right amount of sexy, and fits her well and I love it. 2012 talking.

23. Ruff November 12, 2012 at 12:29 #

I love it and I usually find her boring as hell. Not too girlie, not to sugary, definitely one of her best looks ever. Love hair and make up.

24. Joan November 12, 2012 at 13:18 #

She looks stunning love everythin about this look! Definitely BDOTW contender

25. Amy November 12, 2012 at 13:59 #

nice

26. Zar55 November 12, 2012 at 15:29 #

She looks beautiful, but like i already seen that, also that bangs look bad

27. kane November 12, 2012 at 16:08 #

Really loving the dress, but my first reaction was “wow, she looks thin, too thin” and I think it might have something to do with the dress.

28. Kathy November 12, 2012 at 20:03 #

She looks fantastic! I love it H2T. Love the beading, love the shoulder details, love the hair & makeup which are similar to what she wore to the ACMs earlier this year (also a J. Mendel gown at that event). Between her Vogue February cover shoot, which I pinpoint as the catalyst for her major style turnaround–not that it was bad before at all, just less mature–and the beautiful looks she keeps on delivering, I think 2012 is really her year.

29. Lucie Hamelin November 13, 2012 at 15:26 #

She looks like a skeleton and I refuse to glorify that image as being attractive.
    yuck!

30. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang November 13, 2012 at 19:26 #

Absolutely stunning!! Taylor Swift sets tongues wagging in this nude embellished sheer panels gown by J.Mendel!! Really adore that she looks super gorgeous in that outfit!! Finally she changed her signature red pout to glossy nude lip and I don’t mind her bangs cause she looks every bit the Hollywood goddess!! One word– tres magnifique!!

31. Jess2 November 14, 2012 at 14:39 #

She looks stunning! I like the nude lip but I also love her signature red lip. Loved her performance, the first one I have seen actually.