Back in September, during New York Fashion Week, a little birdie told me that Jennifer Lawrence had changed her stylists since ‘The Hunger Games’ promo tour.

I think this is screamingly evident, because the girl who turned up wearing a black Christian Dior Spring 2013 suit to the ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ New York premiere at Florence Gould Hall in New York City yesterday evening is not the same bombshell who stunned in a gold Prabal Gurung gown to kick-start the year.

There is not a single thing I like about the look.

Her hair is horrendous, from the style – or lack thereof – to the two-tone colour… please return to being blonde immediately!

This looks like it was styled by one of the women from the Real Housewives franchise.

The suit is uninspiring to say the very least. I may have forced myself to like it had she not worn the scarf, which ages the look.

I was initially intrigued by the fact that Jennifer will be the new face of Dior, but on the back of her last look and this look, I’m afraid. Very afraid.

Van Cleef & Arpels jewels and a pink Dior clutch completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Rita Ora In  Alexandre Vauthier Couture - 2012 MTV EMAs Press Room

Rita Ora In Alexandre Vauthier Couture – 2012 MTV EMAs Press Room

Eliza Doolittle In Julien Macdonald - Grey Goose Winter Ball

Eliza Doolittle In Julien Macdonald – Grey Goose Winter Ball

52 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior – ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ New York Premiere

1. bas November 12, 2012 at 17:19 #

Totally agree with you FC. It ages her… very afraid indeed.

• Christine November 13, 2012 at 02:43 #

Not a great look. I hope this partnership is not a fail.

2. just an fyi November 12, 2012 at 17:20 #

in her defense about the hair color, i think its because she’s filming the new hunger fames and her character is brunette

3. fromchi-town November 12, 2012 at 17:20 #

OMG – I really hate this look on Jennifer. I agree with you FC, her style has taken a tragic turn.

4. mina November 12, 2012 at 17:22 #

i have come to realise that you and I have completely different tastes in style. I mean, you mostly love Kristen Stewart’s outfits AND make-up, even when it’s terrible, like recently. But taste is a very personal thing and of course opinions differ.
    PS: Her hair is that colour because she is shooting a film that demands it to be brown

• Fashion Critic November 12, 2012 at 17:28 #

I am surprised you are comparing Kristen and Jennifer.

Kristen has never been polished to critize her hair is pretty pointless. Her style to me is shaggy chic. I don’t look from perfection from Kristen.

Honestly I’m baffled Kristen was brought up in this post

• Yeliz November 12, 2012 at 20:19 #

A lot of people compare Jennifer to Kristen which I find totally unnecessary.

• Kathy November 12, 2012 at 18:54 #

To me, Kristen Stewart’s outfits are lackluster and unexciting on a regular basis, so when she looks good it’s a pleasant surprise. Jennifer, on the other hand, consistently delivers (her Hunger Games premiere looks were great, as is her regular street style), so it’s more of a shock when she looks like she does HERE.

5. Emmeline November 12, 2012 at 17:22 #

I like the clutch and the makeup and that’s about it. Unfortunately the hair color is here to stay until she wraps filming on Catching Fire. So probably at least until December.

This first Dior outing since she was announced is not inspiring a lot of confidence. I just have to hope that she doesn’t go the Marion route by wearing it for practically every appearance.

6. Vicky November 12, 2012 at 17:24 #

“to the two-tone colour… please return to being blonde immediately!”

She’s still filming “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire.” She probably won’t be back to blonde until the new year.

7. Leeann November 12, 2012 at 17:25 #

I think this collection is going to be very hard to wear

8. Issie November 12, 2012 at 17:29 #

Maybe if she’d gone with a sleeker hairstyle and left the scarf off, the look would have been salvageable, but as it stands, she kind of looks like a hot mess. She’s got an awesome figure and I like her hair color just fine, but this isn’t flattering any of her assets.

9. Hilary November 12, 2012 at 17:33 #

She’s not a Dior girl, plain and simple, she doesn’t have the classic beauty or the sophistication to match this look, though it would’ve looked better on Charlize

• Maria Luiza M. November 12, 2012 at 18:29 #

She’s a bomshell. She doesn’t look like a Dior girl.

10. Betelgeuze November 12, 2012 at 17:53 #

I’m still crossing my fingers and hoping that this darker (clothing-wise) style is just for the promotion of this particular darker-themed movie. I adore Jennifer, she’s my biggest girl crush, but I think that would be shaken if this disaster continues.

11. dee November 12, 2012 at 17:56 #

I think she should have had her hair off her face and not worn the scarf. I think the suit looks nice on her.

12. ash November 12, 2012 at 18:17 #

She just doesn’t look like a Dior woman.

13. AnnaLee November 12, 2012 at 18:27 #

No, no, no!!! God, what happened to her? I thought after the Hunger Games press tour that we had someone new and refreshing on the red carpet but lately… this is just tragic… Now I see just how important a stylist can be! Let’s hope she has a new stylist before the award season (since I hear she might be nominated for this movie)
    The shoes are nice, but not for this look. Messy hair, too much make up, ugly suit.

14. J. Cross November 12, 2012 at 18:29 #

The idea of Jennifer being a Dior girl was so promising, and I’m quite disappointed with the result so far. With Marion, Dior has it’s classy regal ambassador, and with Jennifer, I was hoping that they would utilize her to showcase that Dior could also be youthful and playful. There were many pieces in the the collection that were young and fun, but instead she wore a look that could have gone to Marion (and would probably work better). My suggestion to Dior, play up the other facets of the brand and showcase the colorful and unique pieces, because it is starting to be perceived as one-note, and pedestrian. In the couture collection alone, the blue fur coat dress , the two-tone evening gowns, the embellished and embroidered tops, still have not yet been worn by any celeb, which are gorgeous, and would put any celeb in BDOTW list. Dior needs to get it’s brand image together.

• admmgz November 12, 2012 at 18:41 #

15. Maria Luiza M. November 12, 2012 at 18:31 #

I wonder WHYYYY she changed her stylist. Oh God, why? She looks terrible.

16. Lyvm November 12, 2012 at 18:35 #

A shame about the hair. Along with the scarf it ends up looking very Grease lightnin’ – after all the hard work dancing around. Could still see the potential for Jennifer to rock a suit though. Maybe more polishing next time round.

17. Rachel A November 12, 2012 at 18:42 #

Actually shuddering right now. Even Mila Kunis seems like a better fit for Dior considering this look.

18. Hannah November 12, 2012 at 18:56 #

Most celebrity adn band endorsements don’t work for me. The only one that makes sense to me right now is Chloe Sevigny and Miu Miu, but Dior is worse. I have spoken of the curse of dior before and it is definitely happening here.

19. Dhppy November 12, 2012 at 19:04 #

It’s funny, when I first scrolled past the look, I was just bored, then when I clicked the link to her in the Prabal Gurung, I thought “Wow! What happened?”. I think it’s time to mend fences with the previous stylist.

20. Kelly November 12, 2012 at 19:16 #

I disagree. Jennifer Lawrence will make a great Dior ambassador (fyi, she’s representing the purse line and her hair is for The Hunger Games). The only thing I don’t like about this is her hair and makeup. I much prefer this look over the style boredom that has dominated Hollywood the last few weeks. I’m still waiting for Lawrence to wear another WOW gown, but Academy Award season is coming and she will be a centerpiece.

21. amanda November 12, 2012 at 19:24 #

GET HER OLD STYLIST BACK STAT

• Hannah November 12, 2012 at 20:07 #

Her stylist druing awards and pre-awards season (for Winter’s bone) was amazing and so much better than what she has given us, on the whole, this year (obviously the Prabal was amazing).

• Rahel November 13, 2012 at 21:59 #

She definitely had some great looks but in others she look really bad. Before she made promo for Hunger Games she mostly got outfits that aged her.

• Jess2 November 14, 2012 at 15:10 #

My thoughts exactly!!! I haven’t really seen a look I have liked from Jennifer since her change in stylists. I also look forward to her return to blonde hair.

22. robbie November 12, 2012 at 19:57 #

it looks amazing on the model. but on jennifer it ages her so much.

23. Yeliz November 12, 2012 at 20:21 #

I wasn’t excited that Jennifer will be the face of Dior to begin with, and this look is showing me that I wasn’t wrong by not expecting anything perfect. I simply dislike this look from head to toe.

24. Odette November 12, 2012 at 23:01 #

Jennifer’s stylist was Elizabeth Stewart whose clients are Jessica Chastain, Viola Davis, Freida Pinto, Cate Blanchett, Julia Roberts, Amanda Seyfried

FC and readers, do you know or who do you think is and should be her stylist?

Perhaps Wendi and Nicole Ferreira, whose
    clients are Octavia Spencer, Elizabeth Banks, Channing Tatum, Josh Hutcherson.

Or Brad Goreski, who has worked miracles on Jessica Alba, Rashida Jones and Minka Kelly.

25. TeaAtTwo November 12, 2012 at 23:16 #

Jennifer- Don’t be too proud to re-hire your old stylist. Don’t mind getting a little dirty either.

Better shoes, no scarf and way better hair( a different shade and less stuck in 1989 style) would’ve been better. Though I think one needs a cool, sophistication to pull of a suit like this.

26. mia November 12, 2012 at 23:42 #

yeah look – i’m not really feeling this look from from her either and it’s very disappointing… but if anything – she should’ve left that scarf at home… and changed those shoes. THEN – i probs wouldn’t hate the look so much.

27. EmmaWoodhouse November 12, 2012 at 23:52 #

Her style used to be happy, but now it feels sad. This is just really bad. I mean, it’s aging and frumpy and the hair is horrendous. I feel really disappointed because I know she can do better.

28. EmmaWoodhouse November 13, 2012 at 00:29 #

Hey FC, just noticed that Fashion Police might be reading your blog…
    “Lawrence for Real Housewives,” says the caption. :D

• Fashion Critic November 13, 2012 at 03:51 #

they all do. The Fashion Police is based on my website.

readers have even said that Kelly has used their comments on the show.

Their researchers used to contact me and ask me where I get some of my pictures from if they couldn’t find it.

• LizLemoooon November 13, 2012 at 04:40 #

Wow really?
        That’s well out of order.
        Are you okay with that? Is there anything you can do to stop them?
        They should at least give you a guest feature role but then you’ve got too much taste for that sh***y show. ;p

• Fashion Critic November 13, 2012 at 04:52 #

If they do they they are then pretty much revealing their source and they would possibly lose readership or viewers.

• EmmaWoodhouse November 13, 2012 at 13:15 #

I think it’s pretty tacky of them to use your hard work like that–but no need to worry. There’s a reason your website is the #1 Fashion Website. Copycats can’t replicate your awesomeness! :)

• Fashion Critic November 13, 2012 at 13:19 #

• Emmeline November 13, 2012 at 13:22 #

Wow. That’s pretty shameless of Kelly, but I can’t say I’m surprised. It’s so painfully obvious she only got that job because of her name, not her knowledge of fashion.

29. Pedro November 13, 2012 at 00:44 #

She looks older than Sophia Loren.

Terrible

30. LizLemoooon November 13, 2012 at 04:38 #

This is sooooo tragic. Jennifer is a gorgeous, slim but curvy and sexy young woman. She’s got a great face, lovely hair…there shouldn’t be a problem! Urgh, Dior is going to ruin her. She needs a new stylist and to take some time to really define her own style before she either becomes boring or too ‘old’ looking. Considering she generally is well dressed I’ll chalk this up to ‘teething pains’ and hope she steps it up come awards season.

31. pipsqueak November 13, 2012 at 04:58 #

The hair and the scarf … oh gawd, she looked like Sarah Palin’s little sister! In fact I could see Palin and her daughter Bristol both in this outfit, with this messy hair and this tasteless styling. Palin is the world leader of Rednecks without Borders.

32. Mandy November 13, 2012 at 05:35 #

I’d never thought i’d say it but Jennifer is on my worst dressed of the week list along with Heidi Klum

33. Pene November 13, 2012 at 08:54 #

maybe not her look but the piece is great by itself. good work raf simons

34. Noemi (WBiS) November 13, 2012 at 08:58 #

I really like her with dark hair, but the styling is embarrassing. Said that, she’s wearing a black suit, not particularly interesting. With better hair she would look good, but all I see is that messy hair.

35. corinne November 14, 2012 at 23:17 #

She’s so pretty, but I hate the look.

36. kathryn November 15, 2012 at 20:31 #

This look is horrendous. Messy, unpolished not at all red carpet worthy. I did just see on the INStyle US website that her new stylist is Rachel Zoe. This look is a MAJOR fail. Hopefully the first couple of looks are just bumps in the road.

• Fashion Critic November 15, 2012 at 21:32 #