12.11.12

Heidi Klum Wears Only Versace To Host The 2012 MTV EMAs

Following Heidi Klum’s red carpet look at the 2012 MTV European Music Awards, which I did not love, I was worried about the following looks once I discovered that the majority were all from the same collection.

The model opened the show wearing an Atelier Versace Fall 2012 cream gown with a full chiffon skirt and a woven corset top with cut-out and rose gold buckle details.
Keeping with the circus theme of the night, she styled her gown with a black top hat, black leather gloves and cream-coloured Versace heels. This look totally worked for a dramatic opener.

While swinging from a hoop at the top of the arena, the model wore another look from the Versace Spring 2013 collection. Her silk orange mini dress with sheer black lace accents and a black belt was styled with the same knee-high Versace gladiator sandals we saw on the runway. This was one of the few outfits I liked from the runway and Heidi looked beautiful and statuesque in the mini dress.

Heidi’s third Versace Spring 2013 look of the night was a tie-dye turquoise halterneck gown with a thigh-high slit and leather strapping with medusa studs accented with a thick leather belt with gold stripe details. She finished her look with turquoise lace-up pointed-toe Versace heels. Not my favourite, but not bad either.

The fourth Spring 2013 Versace look was a black leather trench coat with a nude lace hem, styled with black lace-up Versace shoes and chunky gold earrings.

My least favourite look was the mustard-coloured Spring 2012 gown with asymmetrical nude leather straps accented with gold and silver Medusa medallions. She accessorized her look with gold Versace platform sandals. Between the boobage and hip-high slit, there was just too much on display. Boobs or legs Heidi. Pick a lane.

Next up was a black silk slip dress from the Spring 2013 collection with asymmetrical lacing and a sheer skirt styled with lace-up Versace pointed-toe shoes. This one wasn’t captured.

In her last look (my favourite) of the night, Heidi was hoisted into the air as she closed the show, introducing Taylor Swift wearing a Versace Spring 2013 silk long-sleeve black mini dress with nude lace inserts and a black belt with gold medusa studs. Her look was styled with the Versace gladiator sandals, this time in nude.

At the MTV EMAs after-party Heidi wore a look from the Fall 2012 Versace Atelier collection. The powder-blue mini frock with a fully beaded intricate skirt made of Swarovski crystals and patent leather detailing was styled with nude silk satin double-platform Versace sandals.

Overall this wasn’t a great night style-wise for Heidi as she had more missed than hits.

Which did you like, or dislike the least?

Credit: Courtesy of Versace & Getty

Gwen Stefani In Jean Paul Gaultier - 2012 MTV EMAs

Gwen Stefani In Jean Paul Gaultier – 2012 MTV EMAs

Rita Ora In  Alexandre Vauthier Couture - 2012 MTV EMAs Press Room

Rita Ora In Alexandre Vauthier Couture – 2012 MTV EMAs Press Room

36 Comments

36 Responses to Heidi Klum Wears Only Versace To Host The 2012 MTV EMAs

1. Argentina Guy November 12, 2012 at 16:47 #

I feel the majority of the looks looked totally dated. Especially the dresses from the Spring 2013 collection.

• Christine November 13, 2012 at 02:48 #

I agree. Every look, so tacky and so dated. Not one look I like or find flattering. I can’t believe her stylist or Heidi picked these awful dresses.

2. Jessica Morris November 12, 2012 at 16:55 #

I loved her first look she wore appearing on the red carpet in the blue embellished split leg gown, but i agree with you that it went down hill.

3. SilentVisitor November 12, 2012 at 16:59 #

I disliked all of them; well the orange mini dress isn’t bad but that wasn’t enough to save her night.
    Worst dressed host of the year………..This is what tackyville looks like

• Sea November 12, 2012 at 20:52 #

+1 It’s hard to get worse than this…

4. Pati November 12, 2012 at 17:10 #

The only looks I didn’t totally dislike were both blue dresses featured here: the long halter neck and the last short plunge neck one. Neither one of them were particularly fabulous, but at least she looked decent in both of them. Strangely enough, she looks so much better when she doesnøt seem to try all that hard. The most hideous one must have been the buttercup/mustard gown – it’s ridiculous! The white gown brings associations to whipped cream or marshmallows to my mind, the orange/black combo reminded me of halloween pumpkin, and both black/nude looks are more appropriate for somebody at least 15 years her junior. As much as I like Heidi, it wasn’t her night.

• Moxie November 12, 2012 at 19:28 #

My favorites were the two blue ones as well, although neither look was perfect.

• Ayesha November 13, 2012 at 11:53 #

yeah me too

5. McKenzie November 12, 2012 at 17:14 #

I feel like I’m about to get a peep show in that mustard Versace gown.

I feel like she has single-handedly set fashion back 20 years.

6. bas November 12, 2012 at 17:23 #

My favorite was the last performance look (Versace Spring 2013 silk long-sleeve black mini dress) but, all in all, it was a night to forget, that’s for sure.

7. Toyosi November 12, 2012 at 17:30 #

Definitely several misses, but I am sure that most people will look at her and agree she looked hot. My personal favourite was the final powder-blue dress, I find me much more laid back and simple, thus pretty than the others. I do luurve her hair and the Versace shoes.

• DorianGray November 12, 2012 at 17:37 #

8. serapart November 12, 2012 at 17:36 #

blah, hate all of them, glad I didnt watch the show last night…

9. Kiran November 12, 2012 at 17:40 #

Leggy blonde supermodel + Host of Mtv Awards show + ALL Versace…I should be losing my mind with excitement (I think you will agree FC). On paper this should be an iconic fashion moment however, in reality, I’m uninspired and frankly bored. If she took an intelligent fashion initiative incorporating archival Versace this could have been amazing. Wearing all the key pieces from a designer’s collection doesn’t make you seem fashion forward, it just comes across as lazy.

10. DorianGray November 12, 2012 at 17:41 #

Ok, maybe she wasn’t so amazing here and there but I like most of the outfits, especially the Atelier ones (the powder-blue was a masterpiece). I think that the problem here is that she isn’t 27 anymore and some Versace dresses have a younger target. I dislike the red carpet blue gown and the mustard one but I think all the others are just sexy, just Versace.
    Love the footwear.

11. argentina November 12, 2012 at 17:50 #

It felt like Heidi being down with the kids. The moustard gown was horrendously fited.

12. mm November 12, 2012 at 17:53 #

She was over accessorized in every look wit the belt and shoes competing in most looks.

13. dee November 12, 2012 at 18:01 #

The orange dress and the after party blue dress were the looks that weren’t too bad. I undestand it’s a music awards show but I think looking classy and elegant goes a long way.

14. Gusalvelas November 12, 2012 at 18:35 #

it will be more impressive if she will wearing The Blonds exclusively, it will be more appropied to the show theme, that´s just my opinion, i hate the volume of the opening dress, but the top part it´s relly good…and that´s it…¬¬

15. Dhppy November 12, 2012 at 18:45 #

I should preface this by saying that I’m not a Versace fan, but this is worse than I had ever imagined the label to be. That mustard colored gown should come with its own set of orange cones to warn people about the wreck they’re about to witness. As for a favorite, well, I’ll go with what bothers me the least, and that would be the orange and black dress, and that’s most likely because I can’t see it properly since she’s sitting down. Of all the horrendous things in play here though, it’s the 1979 side braid that bothers me the most, and Versace can’t be blamed for that.

16. Kathy November 12, 2012 at 18:49 #

I’ve never been this appalled by a lineup of outfits in one night. Ever.

• justme November 12, 2012 at 20:01 #

Seriously. This is dreadful.

17. Yeliz November 12, 2012 at 20:13 #

It felt like almost all of her looks were the most tackiest host looks ever.
    The long-sleeve black dress is my favourite too.

18. Amy November 12, 2012 at 22:35 #

This is BAD, so bad.

19. Evil Britta November 12, 2012 at 22:38 #

The first one was a good dramatic opener, but what a disaster from there… (and well, from before – red carpet made me yelp.)

20. TeaAtTwo November 12, 2012 at 23:20 #

My only positive from this is that it’s less likely these pieces will be on the red carpet soon.

21. Sarah November 12, 2012 at 23:25 #

How old is she trying to be? This is worse than her VS days.

22. EmmaWoodhouse November 12, 2012 at 23:46 #

Trashiest array of looks EVER. I cannot pick a single one to like. They are all SO bad. The very worst is that mustard gown.

23. mia November 12, 2012 at 23:48 #

jeez – all these looks were kind of scary looking… it’s like Heidi was “trying” to be hip and young… but paired with Versace frocks – it all turned out really terrible looking…

ahhhh… if i had to choose the most “appealing” look – maybe the “tie-dye turquoise halterneck gown”. I mean it’s NOT BAD… is why it’s ok.

but the rest are just BAD. either bad dress to begin with – or the styling was hideous and made the overall look gross.

24. Markness November 13, 2012 at 01:18 #

The thing is that this is mostly Spring 2013 which has that “bohemian” vibe. It wasn’t body con but just flowing with a lot of slits and plunging neckline. It won’t work on women with real bodies. They work for thin women and Heidi should’ve worn the sexy body-con Versace looks.

25. chatelaine November 13, 2012 at 02:44 #

Agreed, the black and tan short is my favorite as well, but I LOVE that she gave us a Versace fashion show, she wore it all well.

26. Noemi (WBiS) November 13, 2012 at 09:08 #

I’ve never been a fan of her style but I’ve never seen so many ugly dresses at once. A celebration of tackyness. I can save, maybe, the third dress. The others are garbage. She can be reminded as the worst dressed host of the history of EMA’s.

27. Ayesha November 13, 2012 at 11:52 #

which one did i dislike the least…wow..this question is tougher than i though,one thing i have to say, the WORST hosting duty,style wise that i can remember in a long time. The third look was tolerable-the tie-dye turquoise halterneck gown….and the last one too.

28. Katie November 13, 2012 at 16:32 #

OMG Versace is my favourite designer and Heidi is a supermodel but the outfits look dated and cheap.What a let down

29. Jess2 November 14, 2012 at 15:00 #

A really bad assortment of looks. The mustard yellow dress was by far the worst look of the night and I hope we never see this dress again. I dislike her fourth look (black trench) the least.

30. b November 25, 2012 at 08:19 #

Has Zeal taken full custody of her class or something?