Thandie Newton In Jewel by Lisa – Hope Rising! Benefit Concert

Thandie Newton attended the Hope Rising! Benefit Concert at the Roy Thomson Hall in Toronto, Canada on Wednesday evening.

I instantly fell in love with her colourful Jewel by Lisa Spring 2012 embellished jumpsuit with an crocheted yoke, seeing as I am a fan of jumpsuits and colour.

Lisa Folawiyo is known for using traditional African fabrics, creating modern silhouettes with those fabrics and westernizing the look through the use of embellishments, and this is a classic example of her unique work.

Thandie fell in love with the designers work when she was in Nigeria earlier this year filming ‘Half of a Yellow Sun’.

Her modern look was styled with Jimmy Choo ‘Anouk’ metallic silver pumps and a metallic box clutch.

As per usual, she’s still stunning without makeup and why should she wear any when she has the most perfect skin – must be due to those Olay products she’s been promoting.

A simple top-knot completed her look.

Credit: BellaNinja & Getty

Elle Fanning In Dolce & Gabbana - ‘Ginger and Rosa’ LA Screening

Elle Fanning In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Ginger and Rosa’ LA Screening

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

18 Responses to Thandie Newton In Jewel by Lisa – Hope Rising! Benefit Concert

1. Ruff November 9, 2012 at 16:42 #

The hair doesn’t suit her and she doesn’t pull it off, imho. This jumpsuit has Solange written all over it. But, gosh, Thandie is soooo beautiful and classy.

2. the (un?)social butterfly November 9, 2012 at 16:45 #

She´s so elegant and forward at the same time… I love her hair, and everything about her look… <3<3

3. EmmaWoodhouse November 9, 2012 at 16:46 #

Not my style but she is rocking it. I love the modern-African inspired look, comes off as very effortless thanks to her elegance.

4. Odette November 9, 2012 at 16:47 #

FC I totally get your Super Girl Crush with Ms. Newton as she is ALWAYS stylish and interesting without EVER looking tryhard.

And she needs to share her beauty secrets with us mortals.

I also love how she switches things up and we never quite know what she is going to wear.

I love how she is supporting this clearly talented and inspired designer. The look looks better on Thandie than the runway.

5. Rebecca Z November 9, 2012 at 16:57 #

Her hair doesn’t quite work for me, but I get where she was going. Otherwise, she looks her usual classy and delightful self.

6. shap_half November 9, 2012 at 17:01 #

YES!!! super chic!!!

• Christine November 11, 2012 at 13:44 #

7. Yeliz November 9, 2012 at 17:04 #

I like it!

8. MatBer November 9, 2012 at 17:17 #

NO for the hair. Yes for the jampsuit.

9. Lee November 9, 2012 at 17:47 #

Awesome! It’s about time celebrities support more African designers.. Africa has so many talented designers who all showcase originality, creativity and a unique aesthetic in their designs. Kudos to Thandie .. She looks great. Love the jumpsuit :D

10. Heather November 9, 2012 at 18:38 #

Yay! I’m so glad you posted this FC. I was at the concert, and just wanted to say that the photo does not do justice to the way Thandie glowed in that amazing jumpsuit! The colours looked much brighter, and it sparkled in the light on stage. She looked absolutely lovely!

11. thandie.net November 9, 2012 at 19:22 #

This was the perfect ensemble for the Hope Rising benefit concert which was in support of fighting against AIDS in Africa. The theme of the concert was around Africa, so it was fitting that she wore an outfit by the talented Nigerian designer Lisa Folawiyo. You can see a pic of Thandie and Lisa at
    Thandie has an eye for great fashion and is known to be supportive of upcoming designers. She was one of the first few celebrities to be seen wearing British designers like Jonathan Saunders and Giles Deacon before they became household names.

12. Alina November 10, 2012 at 06:23 #

This is the second time she wears this hairstyle and the second time I don’t like it.

13. Valerie November 10, 2012 at 10:07 #

She looks great, but I have to admit I do love jumpsuits in general. I love how she makes this relaxed look elegant and classy enough for the occasion, without forcing it.
    I wonder why “Olay” is called “Olaz” here in Belgium, never heard of Olay before.

14. Mads November 10, 2012 at 20:43 #

I heart Thandie – she always looks flawless and sophisticated. I saw her in the flesh once on Oxford St and before I realised it was her I was taken aback by how beautiful this lady before me was.

I personally love her hair; she has made a commitment to going natural (goodbye creamy crack) and I think she looks amazing.

Wish we saw more of her.

15. TeaAtTwo November 10, 2012 at 21:42 #

It’s fab, it’s a bold and not easy pull off piece but Thandie with her refinement does with such ease. I like the hair and accessories with it too.

16. Jess November 10, 2012 at 23:01 #

head to toe perfection

17. Lyvm November 12, 2012 at 18:40 #

Always loved Thandie. She’s a bit like Diane Kruger with a bit less exposure. They have this obvious elegance as well as confidence enough to carry out something timeless or edgy.