Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior – ‘Rust and Bone’ New York Premiere

The Cinema Society with Dior & Vanity Fair held a screening of ‘Rust and Bone’ at Landmark Sunshine Cinema in New York City yesterday evening.

Marion Cotillard was of course in attendance, wearing yet another look from the Christian Dior Spring 2013 collection… yep, that’s four looks now.

On this occasion she wore a cape-like sheer shimmering dress with black web-like sequin embellishments.

While I like the idea behind the look, it’s too shapeless for my personal tastes. I would’ve been tempted to belt it, but that would ruin the trailing effect at the back.

Allowing her natural beauty to shine through, the French actress opted for minimal makeup and a high, tight bun.

Dior pointy black patent pumps completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Meeting Up With The Kardashians

Meeting Up With The Kardashians

Kristen Stewart In A.L.C. - 'On The Road' New York Screening

Kristen Stewart In A.L.C. – ‘On The Road’ New York Screening

24 Responses to Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior – ‘Rust and Bone’ New York Premiere

1. Lara November 9, 2012 at 11:33 #

These days I find myself totally uninspired by Marion, for the most part. I am not loving her shoe choices, and in a lot of cases, her hairstyle and dress choices. This look for me is one which is bound to ignite rumours of a second pregnancy. I know it’s just due to the dress shape, but I’m far from impressed.

2. Lee Ann November 9, 2012 at 11:48 #

From the picture the dress looks shapless and franky quite hideous. i saw this dress on the runway and it is truly beautiful but it needs movement-eg the model walking-and the fabric is just stunning when it catches the light. But from the picture it does not look good.

• Sea November 9, 2012 at 19:29 #

Yep I think it looks great on the model but fails so miserably on Marion. This dress probably would only look good on supermodel-type of bodies.

3. Charlotte November 9, 2012 at 11:57 #

It’s awful. It looks like she’s wearing a shower curtain.

• Mandy November 9, 2012 at 12:21 #

Agree

• Christine November 9, 2012 at 13:29 #

I agree. Gorgeous face but this dress is too shapeless.

4. Yeliz November 9, 2012 at 12:01 #

I’m still in love with her previous Dior look, but I can’t find a single good thing about this one. The dress looks weird from the side and is unflattering and I don’t like her hair and shoes either. Her face is the only beautiful thing here.

• admmgz November 9, 2012 at 15:33 #

5. M.B November 9, 2012 at 12:08 #

Her latest appearances in Dior just confirm my questionning of Raf Simons’ collection even though I love him, think he’s talented and all the praises he got.

6. bm November 9, 2012 at 12:13 #

OK, this Marion and Dior collaboration need to stop. I mean, is she going to wear all Dior dresses forever? Elie Saab’s dresses would look good on her, so does Chanel, Berardi and other brands.
    And other thing, I NEVER impressed by her shoe choice, always the same with the runways.

7. Emmeline November 9, 2012 at 12:53 #

This is… not good. I loved her AFI look from a few days ago, but this is such a step back.

I’m getting so tired of the near constant Dior. I know she has a contract with them, but I can’t think of any other actress with a similar contract who wears their brand nearly as much as she does. It’s getting to be a chore.

8. EmmaWoodhouse November 9, 2012 at 14:10 #

Oh no way. NO ONE can make this horrendous sack look good–not even Marion. Why would she pick this ugly piece? Shoes are hideous too, and I don’t love the bun.

9. firien November 9, 2012 at 14:13 #

to make this dress work, she should always be walking.

10. fromchi-town November 9, 2012 at 14:41 #

No, NO NO – this dress is too shapeless to flatter anybody. Its a terrible choice.

11. Odette November 9, 2012 at 14:59 #

I absolutely think Raf Simmons at Dior was a HORRIBLE decision. He just made everything Jil Sander with touches of Dior.

Ugh. Celebs wearing his designs makes it look like he belongs at Dior, when he sooooo does not.

12. Lee November 9, 2012 at 16:01 #

This looks way too big on her. I think she could pull it off if it fit her like it does the model, more leg, the seam should be more empire, not at her waist. I like the idea of the dress, why don’t they tailor these things to the actress if they really want to promote their garments?

13. Grace Patricia November 9, 2012 at 16:15 #

This dress is not doing any favour to her. She even feels uncomfortable in it.

14. Nat39 November 9, 2012 at 18:28 #

Very granny. Big miss for Marion.

15. Joy November 9, 2012 at 20:39 #

Side view of the dress looks elegant. Unfortunately from the front, it makes even the anorexic model look dumpy.

16. pipsqueak November 10, 2012 at 03:05 #

This look is a miss in the collection. It’s probably Raf’s attempt to add fluidity to his usual minimalism. But the end product does look like a shower curtain, as one reader put it.

17. Kathy November 11, 2012 at 02:35 #

This sack of a dress makes Marion appear pregnant, its fabric is terribly shiny and tacky-looking, and the shoes look like they belong on a Sunday school teacher. I’m not a fan of the collection in general, but this is about as bad as it can get.

18. Angeline November 11, 2012 at 09:18 #

The dress is totally unflattering.

19. Beta November 12, 2012 at 08:20 #

even though I usually love Raf Simon’s designs, this one is a fail for me, yes. Agree with the ‘shower curtain’ sentiments expressed here :P

20. STEPHANIE December 12, 2012 at 16:16 #

I love Marion but i hate this outfit! it doesn´t fits her at all! She has no curves in this pic , and to be honest the dress doesn´t kill me not even on the model. She could do it better, she has this natural and classy beauty.