08.11.12

Bérénice Marlohe In Oscar de la Renta – 2012 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards

With the New York premiere for ‘Skyfall’ being cancelled last week, Berenice Marlohe still had a chance to shine on the red carpet at the 2012 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards presented by BBC America at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in California yesterday evening.

The French actress, who appears to have a thing for sparkling gowns – and who can blame her? – wore an Oscar de la Renta Resort 2013 gown on this occasion.

Her opulent gold floral sequin gown with a dramatic silhouette, thanks to those womanly curves, features a deep plunging neckline, cap sleeves and a mock collar.

She styled her look with gold jewels and a matching Swarovski gold leather ‘Bel Air’ clutch with crystal closure.

Many of you haven’t warmed to Berenice’s love for smoky eyes. On this occasion I agree. Her makeup is far too heavy for this shimmering gold gown.

You can buy Bérénice’s Oscar de la Renta dress from Neiman Marcus.

Credit: Getty

Kristen Stewart In Victoria Beckham - Live With Kelly And Michael

Kristen Stewart In Victoria Beckham – Live With Kelly And Michael

Christina Hendricks In L'Wren Scott - ‘Ginger And Rosa’ AFI Fest Premiere

Christina Hendricks In L’Wren Scott – ‘Ginger And Rosa’ AFI Fest Premiere

25 Responses to Bérénice Marlohe In Oscar de la Renta – 2012 BAFTA Los Angeles Britannia Awards

1. Chloe November 8, 2012 at 12:45 #

She started off so good, but she is getting worse and worse with every look.

2. Rash November 8, 2012 at 12:45 #

I like the dress a lot, but on her I just don’t. It is making her look short and her head huge plus the harsh make up! Where is that stunning Berenice we saw in the movie.

3. mia November 8, 2012 at 12:53 #

aside from the hideous dark weird eye make up going on… i think the problem is her height… the bottom half of her body always look too short for these long gowns. or maybe it’s the way she is posing?

• towanda November 8, 2012 at 14:36 #

+10000

• Emma November 8, 2012 at 18:58 #

Yes! I could’t put my finger on it before

• kiwi November 10, 2012 at 10:47 #

yes.. if u recall her in the movie , when they go to the island, I thought her legs looked very stumpy.. even though her dress was just below the knees, so its about proportions

• Jess2 November 11, 2012 at 13:02 #

The head and body proportions highlighted by the gown are throwing me as well. I also don’t like her makeup with this dress. Not a good look

4. Mary Gatto November 8, 2012 at 13:02 #

Breathtaking gown! Perfect for her amazing figure (sooo jealous.
    I do love her smoky eyes, but with this gown, is a big no no!

5. Emmeline November 8, 2012 at 13:20 #

For me there’s way too much going on here. Busy dress, messy hair, and heavy makeup. If she had scaled back on the styling this could have been lovely.

6. Irmina November 8, 2012 at 13:30 #

Oh no. Her terrible smoky eyes again.

7. robbie November 8, 2012 at 13:42 #

on the model it is beautiful on berenice not so much.

8. gabis November 8, 2012 at 13:51 #

Gosh, dont know how she felt heavy smoky eyes and berry lips were needed for such a gown. As a result she only looks good from the neck down and that because the dress itself is gorgeous. And she really needs to improve her pose to the cameras.

9. Christine November 8, 2012 at 14:16 #

Gorgeous dress.

10. Yeliz November 8, 2012 at 14:24 #

I dislike both her hair and make-up. She looks good from the neck down, but I’m not loving it.

11. Hannah November 8, 2012 at 14:31 #

Firstly, I think that she has been a major let down on this promo tour. I don’t find any of her looks memorable, or even nice. Her hair is always messy adn her makeup is always heavy. Secondly, she is like the anti-Ricci, apparently she’s 5’8, but to me she always looks so, so short and her posture is just not good.

12. Odette November 8, 2012 at 14:36 #

I love Bernice and her style, but the signature makeup isn’t working for me.

13. Vicky November 8, 2012 at 16:03 #

I kind of wish she would just let out a big smile. That weird sexy duck face thing isn’t working for her. I also just don’t like this dress on her and her makeup is just a big NO for me.

14. Camille November 8, 2012 at 17:12 #

The gown is stunning. The make up not so much. Too heavy and not flattering.

15. Nat39 November 8, 2012 at 17:53 #

I’m with the majority considering it another failure for Berenice. Do like the gown itself and would like to see it on someone else.

16. jones19 November 8, 2012 at 19:28 #

I love everything about this look. This woman is stunning!

17. Dhppy November 8, 2012 at 20:01 #

She’s a bit of a quandary. She’s got great curves, which she understandably wants to show off, but she also has a long torso and short legs, so some of her gowns make her butt look startlingly close to the ground (i.e. the Elie Saab she wore to the Skyfall premiere in Paris). She looked long limbed in the pants she wore to the Paris photocall, though. So her gowns are better off accentuating the waist rather than the hips.

18. Grace November 8, 2012 at 20:52 #

The neckline was stunning on the model’s version. I wish she hadn’t modified it.

19. Mandy November 8, 2012 at 23:08 #

My eyes immediately went to her two-tone hair and raccoon eyes. She is so gorgeous it just feels like she’s trying too hard now.

20. EmmaWoodhouse November 9, 2012 at 04:26 #

The hair and makeup look sloppy and overdone here. Not good. On the model, this is one of the most beautiful dresses I’ve ever seen, but sadly, on Berenice it doesn’t work…it’s too tight, and the neckline (which seems modified to be lower, unfortunately) is just too revealing and in-your-face. Unfortunate, because this could have been a homerun.

21. jsshan November 10, 2012 at 07:18 #

I couldn’t let this look go by. I am in love with this briliant dress.