08.11.12

2012 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show After-Party

After the show came the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show after-party. The dress code was clearly short and sexy and the models were more than happy to oblige.

Miranda Kerr: Sending my girl crush into overdrive, Miranda looked uber sexy wearing a Balmain Spring 2013 black silk dress with padded shoulders and a plunging neckline. She styled her look with Jimmy Choo mesh open-toe ‘Callie’ booties and a black studded Jimmy Choo ‘Calista’ clutch with side swept locks. I have one word for this look; perfection.

Karlie Kloss: Following a recently photoshoot with American Vogue, Karlie’s locks were cut short, but she added extensions for the VS Fashion Show. She wore Kaufmanfranco liquid silver sequin dress with gold strappy sandals. I’m on a fan of mixing metals as you know, but I’m willing to give my girl a pass on this occasion.

Joan Smalls: I’m also going to give Joan a pass for this mesh Julien Macdonald Fall 2012 dress which leaves little to the imagination. I’m not a fan of the exposed panties look, but as she was exposing her briefs all night long on the runway, the red carpet wouldn’t have felt much different. Nicholas Kirkwood fringed sandals completed her look.

Alessandra Ambroiso: The model that had the honour of wearing the $2.5 million Fantasy bra during the show sparkled once again on the pink carpet wearing a Zuhair Murad strapless mini dress featuring mirrored beadwork. Matching metallic Jimmy Choo ‘Anouk’ pumps completed her look.

Izabel Goulart: The Brazilian model oozed sex appeal wearing an Anthony Vaccarello Fall 2012 one-sleeve mini dress. This dress should come with a ‘For Supermodels Only’ label. She rocked the hell out of this look wearing Givenchy sandals.

Adriana Lima: I honestly didn’t recognise Adriana Lima. Even in this short Lanvin Fall 2011 dress (which is unflattering on her), I’m missing her va-va-va-voom.

Credit: Getty

Fan Bingbing In Dolce & Gabbana - 'White Haired Witch' Press Conference

Fan Bingbing In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘White Haired Witch’ Press Conference

Cameron Diaz In Lanvin - TAG Heuer’s ‘A Night Under The Stars’ Event

Cameron Diaz In Lanvin – TAG Heuer’s ‘A Night Under The Stars’ Event

46 Responses to 2012 Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show After-Party

1. Odette November 8, 2012 at 19:28 #

Everyone looks tacky, even Karlie Kloss. The mixing metals should not be given a pass. Everyone looks trashy, even Miranda Kerr.

Sad event.

• Keira November 9, 2012 at 14:06 #

yep :( i miss rosie huntington

• Beta November 12, 2012 at 08:31 #

yes, tackyville

2. dunzoo November 8, 2012 at 19:34 #

my fav are Miranda and Ale. Izabel looks trashy, Karlie and Joan look boring. I think Adriana looks uncomfortable because she didn’t lose all the baby weight yet.

3. Susana Yamaguchi November 8, 2012 at 19:39 #

I think it`s because Adriana Lima just had a baby two months ago, so she hasn`t came back to her older form.

• Fashion Critic November 8, 2012 at 19:41 #

Ahhhh….i ididn’t know that

• T from Sydney November 9, 2012 at 08:10 #

She still looks amazing for having a baby 2 months ago!

she just wore the wrong dress.

4. Nat39 November 8, 2012 at 19:47 #

I can give a pass to Miranda Kerr (despite the boobiliciousness, this neckline is way to open for her) and Karlie Kloss (despite mixed metals). The rest come across as tacky.

5. Yeliz November 8, 2012 at 19:49 #

Miranda is my favourite, even though I don’t love it. But I dislike the other looks a lot.

6. penny November 8, 2012 at 19:51 #

FC, what about the other models?

• Fashion Critic November 8, 2012 at 19:54 #

It is very expensive to feature everyone one from every event. Publications like Glamour and Instyle don’t even do that.

I have featured the ones I find the most noteworthy as I do with every post.

Thanks

• Jess November 9, 2012 at 15:10 #

Hey FC,

Just wondering, what do you mean by expensive? Does it have something to do with the photo credits?

7. Moxie November 8, 2012 at 19:52 #

My faves are Miranda, Karlie and Adriana. I don’t mind the mixed metals. And I like that Adriana was a little different. It is sexy, but subtler than the others.

Alessandra, Joan and Izabel… tacky is the word.

8. Paulyne November 8, 2012 at 19:56 #

My favorite was Miranda and Alessandra , beautiful as always. And i give a pass to Adriane because she just had a baby two months ago so..
    I’m just not very fan of the others models looks tho…

9. Lyvm November 8, 2012 at 19:58 #

The girls didnt do as well this year round. Miranda’s usually the most high fashion off-duty but i never expect much frm Alessandra, Izabel and Adriana, while it’s cool they have this Brazilian sassiness and sparkley love going on, it’s just not to my preference. In honesty i do think Adriana could’ve picked something better, perhaps she felt confused as to what would look good post-baby.

10. robbie November 8, 2012 at 20:03 #

miranda is the only one who barely looks alright, the rest are tacky as hell!

11. Giulia November 8, 2012 at 20:11 #

Hello! Turning by chance I found your blog and I was fascinated! I really like it!
    I love Victoria’s Secret and her models! Follow my blog if you like! XO

12. Dhppy November 8, 2012 at 20:19 #

I’m not a fan of any of the looks, unfortunately, the word “trashy” leapt to mind and never quite left. If I had to choose one above the others, I’d go with Ambrosio for the beading detail.

13. Naomie November 8, 2012 at 20:49 #

Beauty and money don’t necessarily translate to taste. Girls, we know your body is smokin’ hot. Now show us you know fashion.

14. gabis November 8, 2012 at 20:52 #

Adriana Lima looks awful. A post-baby moment doesn’t really work for me as an excuse. Pregnancy changes your body not your taste for clothes. She could’ve picked something a LOT better and yet proper for her moment. And that makeup and peep-toes just made it even worse, so extremely tacky.
    Izabel Goulart should try finding a way to promote herself other than wearing exaggerated revealing clothes. She looks cheap and tacky. It gives me a heartache to see my beloved Givenchy sandals in that trashy look.
    Miranda Kerr and Karlie Kloss look ok I guess.
    As for Alessandra Ambrosio, I’m totally in love with her hair and makeup. I like the pumps too but the dress is another perfect example of tackiness.

15. malinda jane November 8, 2012 at 21:10 #

On first glance I thought Alessandra and Izabel were the same person. I was very confused for a moment.

• nyp November 9, 2012 at 04:41 #

yes! MTE!!

• justme November 9, 2012 at 19:41 #

loool same

16. Amy November 8, 2012 at 22:01 #

BAD all around, I’m sorry but you can do sexy without going trashy especially when you’re already a gorgeous model

17. TeaAtTwo November 8, 2012 at 23:21 #

Apart from Miranda I’m not remotely crazy about their looks but given the occasion, they’re still supposed to be working VS style sexy their choices are relatively appropriate.

18. jones19 November 9, 2012 at 00:00 #

Miranda and Alessandra both look great. I’m missing Adriana’s spark, she’s my favorite VS model.

19. Christine November 9, 2012 at 01:01 #

Not liking any looks here.

20. Kathy November 9, 2012 at 01:12 #

Miranda and Adriana look okay, Karlie is toeing the line between tacky and fun. The other three just look like total messes. I would say Isabel is the worst of the bunch, her dress looks like a toddler took a pair of scissors to it with his eyes closed. It’s possible to be sexy but classy at the same time (think Katy Perry circa 2009, Blake Lively, Jennifer Lawrence, etc.) Not that hard.

21. Pedro November 9, 2012 at 02:23 #

They all look so trashy

I miss Gisele Bundchen so much!

22. Véra November 9, 2012 at 04:23 #

It’s time to create “Best/Worst dressed event” categorie for the year-ending round up. This event will be among the worst – even on the top of the worst. All the women look so slut, cheap and tack so I wish I had never seen it.

Karlie with her new cut reminds Anna Zyurova. Not the best resemblance, you know.

23. EmmaWoodhouse November 9, 2012 at 04:41 #

Saw pictures of Karlie’s new hair and I’m so sad! I like it better long. LOL. Her decision, not mine. Just a styling thing.
    As for these outfits…
    Miranda: Trashy, and it pains me to say it.
    Karlie: the best here, but that’s not saying much. I like the dress and her hairstyle but not the mixed metals.
    Joan: SUPER Trashy
    The other three are all trashy as well, with Adriana look a bit drab and Izabel almost beating Joan for tackiest dress. Not an event that appeals to me at all fashionwise…

24. Noemi November 9, 2012 at 08:35 #

Miranda Kerr looks amazing as always, I think the other models are just showing their great bodies, Miranda does it, too, but always with style. Being beautiful doesn’t mean you can show your body and being tacky. I. Goulart looks terrible (talking about fashion and style):

25. adralina November 9, 2012 at 11:57 #

FC what did you think of candice’s thigh high split dress? im really interested to know?

• Fashion Critic November 9, 2012 at 12:10 #

I will have to seek it out because I didn’t see it.

26. ruff November 9, 2012 at 15:14 #

FC, thanks for this blog, love it, been a follower for years.

Now my first comment ever. I think the girls look like a VS model should look, sassy, sparkly and sexy. It’s not like they are at the opera. I don’t see the trash everybody else is mentioning. Kerr is wearing Balmain pretty good, and Izabel works that Vacarello better than Anja Rubik has ever done. This is the sexiest an biggest fashion show of the year, and that’s how they’re supposed to look. And Joan’s classic beauty finds a perfect balance with that otherwise overexposing dress.

• Fashion Critic November 9, 2012 at 15:31 #

Thank you Ruff. I’m surprised too. I didn’t think all the looks were tacky.

27. Ruff November 9, 2012 at 15:26 #

FC, love you blog, been a follower for years. Now my first comment ever.

I don’t see the trash everybody else is saying. Girls look like they a supposed to look at a VS fashion show after party, sassy, sexy and sparkly. Kerr is working that Balmain and Izabel wears Vaccarello better than Anja Rubik has ever done. I love the color on her. And Joan’s classic beauty finds the better balance with that overexposing dress.
    The one looking awful that night was Behati Prinsloo in a ridiculous dress.

28. katie November 9, 2012 at 16:13 #

Miranda looks amazing, her dress on anyone else would look trashy. Adriana has lost her umph here maybe its because of the baby she is normally my favourite model!

29. Grace Patricia November 9, 2012 at 16:27 #

Miranda and Karlie are the only ones worth saying something good about. I don’t think that “looking sexy” means dressing like Izabel. Awful.

30. Ella November 9, 2012 at 17:09 #

FC! I would also love to hear your opinion on Candace’s high split dress..

31. justme November 9, 2012 at 19:43 #

I’m only here for Miranda, I love those booties.

What in God’s name is Izabel Goulart wearing?

32. Jess2 November 11, 2012 at 16:05 #

Miranda is beyond perfection and my girl crush drive wasn’t full speed too haha, really disappointed with Karlie though, she is my other girl crush :P also surprised at Adriana, bad dress and don’t like her styling either.

33. Lizz20 December 26, 2012 at 03:29 #

I think Alessandra and Miranda were the best!They looked sparkly and fun. We have to keep in mind this is for the Victoria’s Secret Pink Carpet so it has to be sexy and sparkly. I am not a fan of Joan’s or Adriana’s look. They were just awful! &well Izabel &Karlie were ok.