Menu

Halle Berry In Helmut Lang – ‘Cloud Atlas’ Berlin Premiere

Halle Berry was in Germany last night for the ‘Cloud Atlas’ Berlin premiere at the CineStar.

The actress wore a Helmut Lang Fall 2011 dress.

After a succession of samey dresses, you would think I would be thrilled by this look, but my first thought was, “when did Halle lose her mojo?”

She used to have ‘it’, but this has got to be the second worst promo tour, after Salma Hayek for ‘Puss In Boots’, in recent memory.

Those of you who follow sites like JustJared will know that Halle wears this type of dress nearly every-single-day.

Nothing is noteworthy here except her Jimmy Choo silver ‘Lance’ sandals.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Miranda Kerr In Alexander Wang - Out In New York City

Miranda Kerr In Alexander Wang – Out In New York City

A Day In Rita Ora's Closet

A Day In Rita Ora’s Closet

23 Responses to Halle Berry In Helmut Lang – ‘Cloud Atlas’ Berlin Premiere

1. LabellaLuxe Boutique November 19, 2012 at 18:57 #

Love her shoes!

2. kane November 9, 2012 at 21:06 #

I saw a bust shot the other day and thought it looked interesting, but the whole thing is actually quite the opposite, too bad.

3. Alina2 November 7, 2012 at 23:21 #

I think I just fell asleep for a sec…

4. Amy November 7, 2012 at 18:54 #

This is bad. I know Halle dresses the same but usually it doesn’t bother me because the dresses are nice and she looks great in it. However she fails with this look, totally underwhelming, boring and no the slit doesn’t make it any better

5. Sara November 7, 2012 at 16:37 #

She’s on a promo tour? It’s so forgettable I didn’t even realize it.

6. Jess2 November 7, 2012 at 11:38 #

She is one of the most beautiful actresses in the world but she really has lost ‘it’. I don’t like the dress, it even looks a bit dirty but it isn’t flattering at all.

7. lydia November 7, 2012 at 05:20 #

To me Halle is just like Jennifer Aniston boring and predictable.

8. Christine November 7, 2012 at 02:19 #

Love her body but she needs to switch it up. I wish she can wear more recent collections and new designers.

9. EmmaWoodhouse November 7, 2012 at 01:54 #

With so many other up and coming style stars, Halle is coming off as stale. She used to wow in Versace, Elie Saab…but there is nothing like that any more. This promo tour has been boring, trying too hard, and painful.

10. lila November 7, 2012 at 00:34 #

She desperately needs a new stylist. And if she doesn’t have one, well, then it’s time to get one. Such a gorgeous woman who simply cant get it right on the red carpet.

11. robbie November 6, 2012 at 23:59 #

zzz.

12. dee November 6, 2012 at 21:25 #

This dress is not working on her.

13. malinda jane November 6, 2012 at 21:05 #

I don’t know how a woman can be so beautiful but still so boring on the red carpet. We need to get her in some color and print.
    She needs to get together with Solange so maybe a little bit of her style might rub off on Halle.

14. Marybeth November 6, 2012 at 20:52 #

I much prefer the dress worn as the model is wearing it —- with the sleeveless side off-shoulder. It makes the line more graceful, less boxy.

I like the silver shoes and bracelets. Maybe this look would have worked if Halle had approached it thinking “minimalist elegance” rather than trying to make it “sexy.”

She’s still one of the most beautiful women on earth but …..

15. Magdalena. November 6, 2012 at 20:50 #

I think I even liked Salma’s promo tour better.

• Fashion Critic November 6, 2012 at 20:52 #

On reflection you may just be right

16. marie November 6, 2012 at 20:42 #

i wanna blame the Jolie for that pose she’s doing..for me, it’s not that this tour has been boring, just that she is trying so hard to prove to the world that she’s still hot for a forty-something woman..she is, she really is, which is why i dont understand the desperation

17. Charlotte November 6, 2012 at 20:29 #

The dresse makes her hips look large ! It’s a shame with such a beautiful body.

18. gabis November 6, 2012 at 20:22 #

This seems like a forced and failed attempt of style changing. And to be honest it’s not even really that far from what she usually wears. Yeah, it has no plunge neckline and her leg is decently covered, but still it is a tight dress. No, correct that, it’s a VERY tight dress. And it’s a very uninspiring one as well for a premiere. Apart from that, same hair, same makeup. I totally agree FC, her Jimmy Choo sandals are maybe the only interesting thing on this look.

19. Rebecca Z November 6, 2012 at 20:20 #

Not flattering. It would be nice if she would move on a little.

20. Alina November 6, 2012 at 20:17 #

This is dated.

21. Nat39 November 6, 2012 at 20:17 #

She looks nice but nothing to get excited about, agree.

22. Yeliz November 6, 2012 at 20:14 #

Pretty boring look. I agree that nothing is noteworthy.