Kristen Stewart In Balenciaga – ‘On The Road’ AFI Fest Premiere

Kristen Stewart joined Amy Adams on the red carpet on Saturday evening for the 2012 AFI Fest premiere of ‘On The Road’, held at the Grauman’s Chinese Theatre in Hollywood, California.

A few years back some angry Twihards attacked me for suggesting that Kristen should wear more menswear inspired looks or looks with an edge.

I’m glad this Balenciaga Spring 2013 jumpsuit proves my point.

The actress looks much better, relaxed and comfortable wearing these types of looks than she does wearing those dresses her stylists loves to shorten.

The look is simple enough; a white criss-cross midriff baring bustier top with simple black high-waist pants paired with Christian Louboutin ‘Décolleté’ pumps.

Wearing a deep red lip colour and kohl-rimmed eyes, Kristen opted for a twisted ponytail swept to one side.

Mimicking the runway, Kristen wore a gold necklace and a selection of rings on each finger, plus she wore her favourite Cartier ‘Juste Un Clou’ bracelet.

Do you love this look, or do you prefer her predictable mini dresses?

You can buy Kristen’s Christian Louboutin pumps from Net-A-Porter.com and Neiman Marcus

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Cheryl Cole In Mulberry - LAX

Cheryl Cole In Mulberry – LAX

Alexa Chung's Topshop Floral Embroidered Tea Dress

Alexa Chung’s Topshop Floral Embroidered Tea Dress

52 Responses to Kristen Stewart In Balenciaga – ‘On The Road’ AFI Fest Premiere

1. Charlotte November 5, 2012 at 09:04 #

I’m not fan of the top and I don’t like her hair and her make-up. But I prefer her like that rather than with short dress.

• Jem November 5, 2012 at 22:29 #

But what’s wrong with shorts dresses? She’s young and has great legs.

2. Ainee November 5, 2012 at 09:08 #

why make her into something she’s not? she looks best when she’s comfortable and she’s definitely comfortable here. i thought her other menswear looks have been among her best– and a pant/shirt combo doesnt get old whereas her digital print minis did

• tiffany November 5, 2012 at 20:03 #

+1 It’s obvious how at-home she is in this look. It’s not one that would be easy to pull off but she does.

3. Nat November 5, 2012 at 09:18 #

I agree that menswear-inspired looks suit her well, but I’m not fond of this one. I think that the cut and fit of the trousers are ruining it: I hate how they fit, especially on the crotch/hips area.
    Also, she should have worn more interesting shoes.

• Moxie November 5, 2012 at 15:17 #

+1. The cut of the pants is distracting.

• Nat39 November 5, 2012 at 19:55 #

This particular look isn’t really working well for her, agree.

• Nat39 November 5, 2012 at 19:58 #

…she still looks rather awkward in it too.

4. wilwarin November 5, 2012 at 09:36 #

I totally agree with you on this one FC… She really shines when she’s comfortable and this look is great for her…

5. Sa'a November 5, 2012 at 09:43 #

Age appropriate and smart

6. Yeliz November 5, 2012 at 09:47 #

Well, I absolutely love this look. I really wanted to see this jumpsuit on her when I saw it on the runway. She pulls it off and everything works perfectly. BDOTW contender in my eyes.

• Christine November 5, 2012 at 13:26 #

I agree. this is one of her best looks to date. I prefer her in menswear edgy clothes too. This is BDOTW in my eyes! She nails it.

• dee November 5, 2012 at 14:32 #

I completely agree. I think this is one her best as well. I love everything about this.

7. Eri November 5, 2012 at 09:55 #

The edgier style like this suits her personality better! I like the midriff baring which adds the look a sexy and feminine feel. That said, it looks too baggy around the hip area to make it to the BDOTW list. Both the oversized top and pants are bothering me…

8. Lil's November 5, 2012 at 10:13 #

Very nice combination even though the pants’ fit is a bit off. Other than that, perfect hair and makeup

9. Louise November 5, 2012 at 10:24 #

I think this is a great look on Kristen. I love it when she goes for more edgy styles. She can pull them off with ease. Loving the new midriff too.

10. Mandy November 5, 2012 at 10:49 #

I love it when she’s in menswear, it suits her so well. I just wished she had tucked in the sides of the top like the runway model. Beautiful

11. jones19 November 5, 2012 at 11:02 #

She’s a tomboy so of course looks like these suit her the best. Love it! The only drawback is the pumps, the patch of skin between the pumps and the pants is unsightly, sandals would have been nice.

12. Aparajita November 5, 2012 at 11:22 #

I love it when she steps out in looks such as these.

13. Ramsay November 5, 2012 at 11:24 #

Very nice! I love it – I think booties (something more or less similar to what is shown on the runway) work better with this look

14. robbie November 5, 2012 at 11:53 #

hot. but i still dont get her as a balenciaga girl though.

• Jem November 5, 2012 at 22:32 #

I think she’s perfect for Balenciaga. Edgy, but laidback – not like the pretty princess celebrities that are so common these days.

15. Pene November 5, 2012 at 12:04 #

predictable minies

16. Serena November 5, 2012 at 12:06 #

The more I see this and the more I like it. She looks great!

17. Cat November 5, 2012 at 12:50 #

Wow, I must say I’ve been loving her look lately. She’s kinda stylist but minus all the glamorous Hollywood thingy. About this look, I like the outfit and the makeup, especially the make up, but I don’t like the hair. Although the back shot of her hair actually look good. Very simple. I think it’d look better had she gone for a simple pony tail. I personally think she look cute in it. Shame…

Not BDOTW worthy for me(bc the hair obviously).

18. Amy November 5, 2012 at 13:04 #

i like it! she looks great

19. Taytayreeves November 5, 2012 at 13:20 #

The make up is throwing me , it’s very vampyress for such a classic structured look

• Martina November 5, 2012 at 23:25 #

+1 I think the exact same thingg! If the make up was a bit different, either a strong eye and a soft lip or vice versa I would’ve loved it.

20. Jessie November 5, 2012 at 13:23 #

I think your point is still rather silly. She cannot just wear menswear for every event she attends. Though she looks great in it. I think she looks comfortable in dresses but they have to have an edge to them.

• Fashion Critic November 5, 2012 at 13:55 #

I wasn’t suggesting she ONLY wear menswear. God you twihards are so defensive

I said she looks better for it. Please read the text

Tilda Swinton only wears menswear. Hasn’t done her any harm

• LizLemoooon November 5, 2012 at 16:40 #

LOL how do you deal with them!
        God forbid anyone dares to even breathe in a way that isn’t effusive with glowing praise for Bella Swan sorry Kristen Stewart…*eye roll*

• Fashion Critic November 5, 2012 at 16:49 #

the thing is I really like Kristen. I wish I was allowed to express my opinion about her without being chastised

• admmgz November 5, 2012 at 20:37 #

I feel for you, FC! Sometimes people just get the words twisted :(
            I like Kristen also but most of the time, I try not to comment too much about her because people like to make so many negative remarks & attack people for liking her. It’s not always about Twilight…

• Sam November 6, 2012 at 02:27 #

I am with you. I like Kristen very much but I am not afraid to say it if I think she is doing wrong like some clothes she wears that do not look appropriate. I do it because I like her so I want her to do well. Yet I too get attacked.

• Jess2 November 6, 2012 at 13:32 #

I am the same Sam, love Kristen and love Twilight but this is about the fashion and we keep it that way. Glad some of us think alike :D

Behind you 100% FC!!!

• Jem November 5, 2012 at 22:40 #

Well Twilight ends soon and hopefully people will be able to see her as someone other than precious Bella…

• admmgz November 6, 2012 at 15:45 #

Hopefully! :)

21. justme November 5, 2012 at 13:38 #

I prefer Kristen in menswear inspired outfits so I love the idea of this look. The execution is awful unfortunately.
    The top is one size too big, it is obvious when you look at the side view or compare it to the way the runway model’s sits.
    The pants are also badly tailored. They bunch up all over the lower tummy/crotch area and they seem to be too long.
    As for the makeup, dark lipstick makes thin lips look even thinner so as a general rule, I only like it on women with full(er) lips. Not a fan of the eye makeup.
    She looks happy though so that’s the most important part x)

• Morlandonna November 5, 2012 at 14:31 #

I agree with @justme. I like it but the tailoring is off. She is very small chested and the top is just swimming on her. I like the lip but not the eyes or hair. Still I much prefer this over her usual mini dresses and sky high heels.

• Jem November 5, 2012 at 22:36 #

I actually like the bagginess of the trousers – I think it suits the whole thing. But yeah, I see what you mean…I think she should have tucked it in to make it look better fit. The makeup might look off from far, but in the close up pics it’s actually really nice and IMO, it works with the whole ensemble. :)

22. MatBer November 5, 2012 at 14:30 #

Love the look and love it on her. It’s very now. BDOTW contender.

• admmgz November 5, 2012 at 16:50 #

23. Rebecca Z November 5, 2012 at 14:34 #

Spectacular though a tad roomy on her. She kills in this.

24. ash November 5, 2012 at 14:48 #

I wish the outfit was as nicely fit as it is on the runway model. I also wish that she tucked her top in like the model. And the eye make-up looks heavy.

25. Pedro November 5, 2012 at 16:21 #

Omg, she looks amazing!

Fierce and young

26. Angela November 5, 2012 at 17:39 #

I must say, Kristen is quickly emerging as one of my faves from this year. This look is nearly perfect to me, the red lips are perfect with her ensemble (which fits very well to me). My only niggle is that the awkward space between the pants and the heels are driving me off the wall. Ankle boots or even sandals would’ve been preferred.

27. TeaAtTwo November 5, 2012 at 20:08 #

I like the outfit on her- one of my favourites since her turn in Zuhair murad in Toronto- but I really dislike the make up on this occasion.

28. abasss November 5, 2012 at 23:19 #

I don’t think she is particularly pretty, but here she looks gorgeous. Good for her.

29. EmmaWoodhouse November 6, 2012 at 05:09 #

Really like the strong hair and makeup and the confident smile. The outfit is awful though, in my opinion. Dislike it from top to toe. It’s like a long bra attached to cheap dress pants.

30. Cass November 6, 2012 at 06:08 #

She has given quite a few surprising looks this year. Kudos to her for that. This look is difficult to pull off but she makes it look easy. Really impressed by her fashion forward style and confidence – considering her starting point at the start of her career.

31. Dhppy November 6, 2012 at 06:30 #

She always looks so relaxed, at ease, and at her most stylish in pants. You’re right, FC. She needs to embrace it.

32. Jess2 November 6, 2012 at 13:47 #

The tailoring of the pants isn’t great but I really love this look and also agree that she rocks menswear inspired fashion. It is so great to see her when she is comfortable and happy and always great to see the smile.