Kellie Pickler In Pamella Roland – 2012 CMA Awards

Kellie Pickler showcased a shorter hairstyle than we are used to seeing from the country singer when she took to the red carpet at the 46th Annual CMA Awards held at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee, last night.

The buzz cut happened live on ‘Good Morning America’ last month as a show of solidarity for her childhood friend Summer Holt Miller who was recently diagnosed with breast cancer.

Kellie sparkled wearing an ice-blue Pamella Roland Fall 2012 gown with Tacori jewelry.

Her strapless gown featured a beaded bodice and a flowing satin skirt with a long train.

Shimmering copper eye shadow highlighted her eyes while a glossy nude lip colour provided the finishing touches.

Credit: NYMag.com & Getty

Hayden Panettiere In Georges Chakra Couture - 2012 CMA Awards

Hayden Panettiere In Georges Chakra Couture – 2012 CMA Awards

Miranda Lambert In Maria Lucia Hohan - 2012 CMA Awards

Miranda Lambert In Maria Lucia Hohan – 2012 CMA Awards

16 Responses to Kellie Pickler In Pamella Roland – 2012 CMA Awards

1. Rash November 2, 2012 at 09:23 #

That’s really sweet of her.
    Regarding the look, I am glad she kept it simple and did the stunning dress do all the talking.

2. Yeliz November 2, 2012 at 09:35 #

She looks great!

3. robbie November 2, 2012 at 11:02 #

gorgeous dress and she looks great in it.

• dee November 2, 2012 at 12:33 #

4. Christine November 2, 2012 at 13:10 #

She looks good. Great dress too.

5. Moxie November 2, 2012 at 14:18 #

She looks fabulous. The hair is startling, but knowing why she did it, I think it is great.

6. Chloe November 2, 2012 at 15:03 #

Stunning

7. Nat39 November 2, 2012 at 19:48 #

Too much boobage, and personally I will never get on board with people cutting their hair in support of someone close to them who’s diagnosed with cancer. I find it hypocritical, no need to show the entire world “Hey, you see I’m supporting my friend”, I don’t think it makes the person who is ill feel any better/more comfortable (correct if I’m wrong), simply be there for your friend, no need to advertise your efforts.

• Jess2 November 4, 2012 at 09:03 #

Shaving your head in support of someone diagnosed with cancer is actually a really beneficial form of support. Many women are quite attached to their hair, it is about femininity and becomes part of their identity.This isn’t the case for everyone of course but I’m sure you understand what I saying. Because of the attachment a woman has with her hair, and the role it plays in their identity, having to shave it off due to treatment can be really difficult psychologically. Furthermore, friends and family often don’t understand what it is like to go through this challenge. Women shave their heads in support of friends or family members who have cancer as a form of solidarity, demonstrating an understanding of what these women are going through. It is a way of showing a woman that they are not alone in everything they are experiencing. As a psychologist, this is how I understand women shaving their heads but I have no personal experience in this area.

• Nat39 November 4, 2012 at 20:40 #

Thank you for your reply, Jess 2.
        I understand the whole solidarity thing, and it is certainly not an easy thing for a woman to part with her hair, I totally agree. If a woman shaves her head (may donate her hair if she wishes) and wears a wig discreetly afterwards without advertising to the world what an amazing person she is to do such a good brave thing in support of her friend, only then I can accept it as a genuine gesture. The very knowledge that you did it (between you and your friend/family)should be sufficient.
        Sorry for being off fashion topic, FC.

• Reason November 5, 2012 at 22:58 #

I would imagine that if I had cancer and lost my hair, I might feel unattractive and unfeminine. (As if having cancer isn’t bad enough.) And if my friend – considered remarkably beautiful by much of the world – shaved hers off too, and still looked great, and was still thought of as a beauty, I imagine I’d feel a lot better about myself too. I think being seen without hair – showing that it doesn’t mean she’s any less of a woman without it – is a very important part of the gesture. You’re looking at it awfully cynically. You don’t have to give her a prize, but why fault someone for a gesture of caring?

• Nat39 November 6, 2012 at 19:57 #

I’m sure that the person who actually has cancer would wear a wig with a pricessy gown on the red carpet.

8. Mia November 2, 2012 at 20:43 #

i dig it from neck down

9. Dhppy November 2, 2012 at 23:02 #

Wow! That dress looks stunning on her. It fits perfectly! I also love the fact that she just chose to glow in body makeup rather than go with a statement necklace. Her makeup is also neutral. She’s wisely highlighting the gown and her hair; A risk that paid off.

10. EmmaWoodhouse November 3, 2012 at 14:25 #

The dress is too revealing, thanks to a too-tight fit in the bust. The hair…yes, I know why she did it, so it gets a pass, but fashion wise it doesn’t work.

11. Jess2 November 4, 2012 at 08:40 #

She looks beautiful, love the dress.