02.11.12

Carrie Underwood’s Eleven Looks From The 2012 CMA Awards

Carrie Underwood had a very busy night co-hosting the 2012 CMA Awards with Brad Paisley at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee, last night.

There were 11 looks in total, not counting her Reem Acra red carpet look.

First up the singer wore a Jovani nude fully embellished cocktail dress. Dazzling Jacob & Co. earrings and equally bedazzling Fabi strappy sandals accessorized her look.

I loved her navy Sally LaPointe Fall 2012 peplum dress with a cut-out waist. This isn’t a look we usually see on Carrie; I love the dress but I’m not sure I would’ve styled it with that silver Amrapali statement necklace. The dress is making a loud enough statement on its own. She opted for silver metallic Jerome C. Rousseau sandals for this look.

I’m not sure Carrie needed her Katerina Maxine earrings with this Jenny Packham Spring 2012 dress which already had such a beautiful beaded and embellished bib. What do you think? Silver ankle-strap Gio Diev ‘Palma’ sandals and a Graziela cocktail ring accessorized this look.

Carrie was radiant wearing an Ines Di Santo black strapless gown with a delicate Chantilly lace trim. On this occasion I love the jewels which included Sutra earrings and a Rona Pfeiffer ring. You can just about make out her gold Giuseppe Zanotti ankle-strap heels via the side slit in her gown.

Next up was a beautiful Alice + Olivia ‘Azala’ boatneck sequin flare dress which she wore with her silver Jerome C. Rousseau sandals from look 1. Mixing metals aside, this is an uber-cute look styled with Brumani earrings and a Graziela ring.

Carrie looked breathtaking wearing a red strapless Chagoury Couture gown with Palladium by Jacob & Co earrings and a Norman Silverman bracelet.

One of my favourite looks from Carrie was her ethereal Christian Siriano Spring 2013 strapless nude tulle gown with grey appliqués. Ivory Tony Bowls shoes, Dana Rebecca Designs earrings and a silver Graziela statement bracelet completed this stunning look.

Going from sweet to sexy, Carrie wore a black-and-gold Edition by Georges Chakra Fall 2012 mini dress with a peplum detail and sheer yoke styled with black Jerome C. Rousseau peep-toe booties and Irit Design earrings.

Look 9 was designed by Tony Ward. The sleeveless white ruched look with a peplum waist may seem conservative until you get to the footwear. Gio Diev ‘Roanne’ black patent and gold mesh open-toe booties give the look an edge.

Carrie ended her (and her stylist’s) busy night wearing a Basler gown. The sky-blue gown with a bubble rise-and-fall skirt was styled with Gio Dev ‘Nara’ ankle-strap heels, which I’m not too fond of, Sutra earrings and a Demarco ring.

The Country singer stunned audience wearing a black Tsemaye ‘Binitie’ high-low gown for her performance. Carrie paired the one-of-a-kind gown, which features sheer sleeves and a black geometric leather pattern on the chest with a silver belt and rockstar gloves for added glam.

The Siriano followed by the Ines Di Santo gown are my favourites.

Which ones did you like?

Credit: Getty

Demi Lovato In Topshop - ‘The X Factor’ Season 2 Top 16 To 12 Live Elimination Show

Demi Lovato In Topshop – ‘The X Factor’ Season 2 Top 16 To 12 Live Elimination Show

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

29 Responses to Carrie Underwood’s Eleven Looks From The 2012 CMA Awards

1. Molly November 2, 2012 at 17:34 #

The only one of these looks I really like completely is the red gown. Carrie usually is close to perfection on the red carpet, so I can’t imagine why a stylist would have chosen some of these unflattering looks.

• dee November 2, 2012 at 18:10 #

I completely agree. Most of these outfits are unflattering. I only like the red gown from head to toe. The Tony Ward dress is nice too but those shoes aren’t complementary.

• SilentVisitor November 2, 2012 at 18:14 #

totally agree with you. The Alice & Olivia is cute but the red gown is great.

• Mia November 2, 2012 at 20:36 #

agreed. These dresses don’t seem like they were adequately tailored to her figure. Stylist fail!

2. Nat39 November 2, 2012 at 17:38 #

Siriano is a bit too princessy for my liking plus I don’t quite like her silhouette in this gown, and I find her black Ines de Santo look rather aging overall.
    The cute Alice+Olivia would be my fave on her. I’m not a fan of this kind of dresses normally but it does work well on stage.

3. robbie November 2, 2012 at 17:45 #

so much ugliness! the chagoury couture gown is beautiful though.

4. Moxie November 2, 2012 at 17:53 #

Love the Basler gown, hate the shoes.
    I would have loved the Jenny Packham, but the fit seems off. It is very saggy around the middle.

5. Kathy November 2, 2012 at 18:04 #

I’m not a fan of the peplum cutout dress, it makes her stomach look like it has a slight bulge. The performance gown was tacky; there was too much “bling” between the sleeves, gloves, bedazzled motif, and shoes. I don’t like bubble gowns as they have the appearance of being folded and rumpled. Everything else I was pleased with. My favorite was either the Jenny Packham, Ines de Santo, or Tony Ward.

6. Amy November 2, 2012 at 19:35 #

oh I love Carrie but her style is often too much beauty pageant-like. Seriously glitter, frills,embellishment, tutus… My eyes are sore.
    Anyway I like the red dress and the white look.

7. Alina November 2, 2012 at 19:51 #

Ines Di Santo.

8. Christine November 2, 2012 at 23:22 #

Some of these dresses are fug. I like the Alice + Olivia look.

9. Dhppy November 2, 2012 at 23:28 #

I love the red strapless Chagoury Couture gown, and I like the white Tony Ward. I’m on the fence about others, and perhaps it’s just this photo, but that ice blue Jenny Packham seems to be a mess: the top is sagging down the middle and the skirt inexplicably has uneven ruffled tiers.

• Sabina November 5, 2012 at 14:37 #

10. Yeliz November 2, 2012 at 23:51 #

Chagoury Couture followed by Christian Siriano.

11. momo November 3, 2012 at 00:02 #

george chakra – reem acra – tony ward are the best dresses

12. TL November 3, 2012 at 01:29 #

Not liking any of the looks

• Beta November 5, 2012 at 09:14 #

+1 me too

13. Jess2 November 3, 2012 at 04:07 #

Looks 4, 5 and 6 were my favourites. Even though I don’t like mixing metals I absolutely love the Alice + Olivia dress, the others are also stunning!

14. Jon November 3, 2012 at 06:22 #

The Chagoury Couture red dress is breath taking! She looks the best in that dress. She should have worn it the whole night. Any one know where Chagoury Couture is located? NY?

15. goldfish November 3, 2012 at 08:13 #

i don’t like any of the looks.. imo it seems very unnecessary to wear 11 looks on one night. she should have focused on perhaps 6 looks and made them flawless instead of all these looks with the wrong accessories and hairdos..

16. Jimmy dasfer November 3, 2012 at 08:50 #

She should go back to Monique Lhuillier and apologize. It was a set completely a nightmare. She should fire her stylist today.

17. emmy November 3, 2012 at 13:46 #

isn’t this a few too many outfit changes?

18. EmmaWoodhouse November 3, 2012 at 14:42 #

Alice + Olivia, Chagoury, and Christian Siriano are my favorites.

19. jones19 November 3, 2012 at 14:56 #

I pretty much love all of these looks. Very nice night for her. Ines De Santo is my favorite. Dramatic gowns work well for Carrie and she usually goes for sweet or glamourous.

20. tiffany November 4, 2012 at 01:48 #

the only one that works for me is Alice + Olivia. This young woman clearly does not how to dress (or be dressed) her body. She looks boxy, short, wide, and so many other unfortunate things in most of these looks. Some good shoe choices here in there, though.

21. Jessica Morris November 4, 2012 at 20:12 #

I love the red strapless Chagoury Couture gown but i’m not overly sure about the rest. But hey everyone has their own personal style!

22. Tia November 5, 2012 at 11:09 #

I don’t mean to be one of those obnoxious baby bump spotters but I find it so hard to believe that every single one of these dresses is cut badly… She’s usually so tiny….

23. miat November 6, 2012 at 21:46 #

Super country, super tacky. Her body looks like the body of a 60 year old woman in the gold dress. Girlfriend needs to get a personal trainer and a stylist

24. Felicia December 24, 2012 at 11:29 #