Carrie Underwood In Reem Acra – 2012 CMA Awards

Carrie Underwood reprised her role as co-host of the 46th Annual CMA Awards held at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, Tennessee, last night.

Her first job as host was to look beautiful on the red carpet.

That was easy in this gorgeous Reem Acra Spring 2013 gown.

Her ivory chiffon gown with gold floral appliqués feels like a more grown-up look for Carrie.

She’s done the princess thing for a while at these events, so this look is very refreshing for me.

The country singer accessorized with a Swarovski gold leather ‘Bel Air’ clutch with a crystal closure and rose-gold jewels.

A wavy hairstyle pinned to one side, kohl-rimmed eyes and a shimmering nude lip colour completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Emmy Rossum's 3.1 Phillip Lim Silk Sequined Embroidered Dress And Christian Louboutin 'Pigalle' Python Pumps

Emmy Rossum’s 3.1 Phillip Lim Silk Sequined Embroidered Dress And Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ Python Pumps

Taylor Swift In Jenny Packham - 2012 CMA Awards

Taylor Swift In Jenny Packham – 2012 CMA Awards

18 Responses to Carrie Underwood In Reem Acra – 2012 CMA Awards

1. Yeliz November 2, 2012 at 09:27 #

Flawless! I think it’s one of her best looks ever and BDOTW worthy.

2. robbie November 2, 2012 at 11:05 #

definitely one of her dress looks.

3. Lara November 2, 2012 at 11:37 #

Listen, I love the overall look, but my word, why does her make-up have to be quite that heavy? The make-up ages her, in my opinion. Her eyes can barely be seen beneath all that mascara and false eyelashes.

• Odette November 2, 2012 at 14:27 #

I agree. What is it with country singers and heavy makeup???

• gabis November 2, 2012 at 16:41 #

I agree her makeup is too heavy. But it’s not just the eyes, it’s also on the skin. Too much build-up with foundation and powder. And with the addition of the blond hair, she looks like a Barbie doll. I also don’t like those big earrings. With her hair style and all the floral appliqués they feel too much. But overall yes it’s a great look. Her Reem Acra gown is a truly to-die-for piece.

4. Zannie November 2, 2012 at 12:06 #

The only thing that would make this better is a bright lip colour- it is a beautiful look for her though.

5. dee November 2, 2012 at 12:24 #

With all the floral applique, she should have pulled all her hair back to show it off. I think her hair is kinda competing with the applique. She looks lovely despite that.

• Odette November 2, 2012 at 14:28 #

I agree. The hair is too much. She definitely should have controlled it more.

6. the ogre November 2, 2012 at 12:31 #

I dunno about it being flawless…agreed it’s a great look…but u do something else to the hair when u wear a gown like that and just let the gown do most of the talking…

7. CreoleLady November 2, 2012 at 12:38 #

Although I wish her waist could look a little more nipped in, I like the look. I think her hair is stunning. By sweeping it to the side, she gives the dress its due. The way her hair tumbles in shining waves reminds me of the beautiful appliques on her dress.

8. Pene November 2, 2012 at 12:51 #

elegant as always

9. Christine November 2, 2012 at 13:14 #

BDOTW for me.

10. Molly November 2, 2012 at 20:38 #

She always manages to make a designer dress look cheap, I thought that this was Jovani or some other prom dress designer. I love the dress on the runway but it looses all of its appeal on Carrie.

• Lashae November 5, 2012 at 09:44 #

I agree w/ everything you said. I just looks so much better on the model than Carrie.

11. Mia November 2, 2012 at 20:48 #

i dont like this on Carrie. Carrie would have looked great in the light blue strapless dress that the lad with the short hair was wearing. And the lady with the short hair would have rocked in this reem acra dress. it’s too busy on Carrie.

12. EmmaWoodhouse November 3, 2012 at 14:15 #

I would have loved this if it had the sheer inset filled in…that brings it down for me.

13. Jess November 3, 2012 at 19:48 #

sack the MUA, she never looks good make-up wise

14. Francois B November 4, 2012 at 20:08 #

She is PERFECT this was my favorite dress from that show and she did it justice!