Who Wore Valentino Better…Christina Ricci or Olivia Munn?

Christina Ricci was the first to wear this beautiful Valentino Resort 2013 dress back in September, when she attended the Elle Fashion | Next Runway Show during the Spring 2013 Fashion Week at the David H. Koch Theater, Lincoln Center, in New York City.

The petite actress styled her colourful floral lace dress with black patent leather pointy pumps and a black Chanel purse.

Olivia wore the same dress earlier this week with Valentino ‘Rockstud’ pumps to the 8th Annual Pink Party in LA.

Many of you found this cutesy dress out of sync with Olivia’s sexy image, so you were off put by the look.

For me this comes down to accessories and there is only one clear winner: Olivia.

I love Christina, but a big N.O. to black pumps with this summery dress.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Emmy Rossum In Bibhu Mohapatra & Elisabeth Moss In 3.1 Phillip Lim - Variety Emmy Studio

Emmy Rossum In Bibhu Mohapatra & Elisabeth Moss In 3.1 Phillip Lim – Variety Emmy Studio

Jessica Alba In Valentino - 1st Annual Baby2Baby Gala

Jessica Alba In Valentino – 1st Annual Baby2Baby Gala

10 Responses to Who Wore Valentino Better…Christina Ricci or Olivia Munn?

1. robbie October 31, 2012 at 10:34 #

personally i think both fail when it comes to the shoe department. christina for me though she just looks sweet in it.

2. Ivy Correa October 31, 2012 at 11:42 #

The beautiful dress suits better in Christina.

3. TeaAtTwo October 31, 2012 at 11:58 #

Hmm- the dress looks stupidly saccharine on Olivia while Christina’s accessories are awful with the dress.

4. e October 31, 2012 at 12:14 #

I really dislike both of their shoes but the dress makes Olivia look boxy that’s why I’m not voting for her

5. Gigi October 31, 2012 at 12:22 #

Olivia shoes are more apropiate but the dress suits Christina better, for me that dress wasn’t made for Olivia. Christina wins.

6. Leti October 31, 2012 at 15:34 #

FC, I completely agree. I’m usually not too bothered by celebs wearing black accessories, but there is absolutely no excuse for wearing black accessories with this dress!

7. Yeliz October 31, 2012 at 20:47 #

Olivia for me.

8. EmmaWoodhouse November 1, 2012 at 11:57 #

The dress suits Christina perfectly and Olivia not at all…still, Christina’s shoes are so very bad that I had to give it to Olivia on principle.

9. Sarah Nicholson November 3, 2012 at 02:20 #

I think Christina looks far more confident in the photo compared to Olivia. I don’t believe this helped Olivia look great in the dress. She looks awkward in the photo: her toes pointed in, her arms dangling oddly by her side. I believe Olivia’s choice of shoes is far superior to Christina’s selection (black…how could she??). I also feel that Christina’s skintone (more brown) suited the dress more. More contrast.

10. dee December 6, 2012 at 22:26 #

I would opt for a beige or neutral tone accessory but black isn’t too bad. If you want to tone down the summery aspect, perhaps a dark shoe will give it a more evening appeal which is what Christina was probably going for. For a dress with a field of colors, just keeping the accessories muted or a solid shade will help balance the look. In any case both girls look confident in the dress regardless of anything.