Yao Chen In Georges Hobeika Couture – L’Officiel 2012 China Elegance Awards

L’Officiel 2012 China Elegance Awards took place at the National Aquatic Center in Beijing, China, last week.

Yao Chen wore a Georges Hobeika Fall 2012 Couture cocktail dress.

Her heavenly periwinkle-blue lace dress was enriched with Swarovski beads and organza-and-velvet floral appliqués.

Such a beautiful dress deserves a delicate shoe, so you can imagine my horror to be faced with her cobalt-blue Christian Louboutin ‘Daffodile’ pumps.

I mean…what was she thinking?

In fact the Bulgari clutch, recently carried by Zhang Ziyi, doesn’t work with this look either for me.

Pretty dress let down by awful styling.

You may remember that Brittany Snow wore this same dress last month.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Monica Cruz In Gabriela Cadena - 'Skyfall' Madrid Premiere

Monica Cruz In Gabriela Cadena – ‘Skyfall’ Madrid Premiere

Bérénice Marlohe In Elie Saab - ‘Skyfall’ Zurich Premiere

Bérénice Marlohe In Elie Saab – ‘Skyfall’ Zurich Premiere

10 Responses to Yao Chen In Georges Hobeika Couture – L’Officiel 2012 China Elegance Awards

1. EmmaWoodhouse October 30, 2012 at 17:26 #

A lovely dress that has not been done justice…seriously, those shoes are like Cookie Monster for her feet. They are SO CLUNKY AND BLUE!

2. Christine October 30, 2012 at 17:38 #

Awful styling. Such a shame! Of course Brittany wore it best between the two.

3. Amy October 30, 2012 at 17:40 #

no! the shoes are a major letdown. They destroy the whole thing

4. Nat39 October 30, 2012 at 17:42 #

Once again, this dress is too little girl/birthday party/ballet recital, way too sugary sweet for my liking, and none of her accessories (shoes, clutch, bracelet) work here.

5. Yeliz October 30, 2012 at 19:52 #

Britanny definitely wore it better, but I have to say I like the length of the dress more on Yao.

6. robbie October 30, 2012 at 21:38 #

the shoes are far too heavy for this dress which is a shame.

7. mia October 31, 2012 at 00:19 #

i just want to chop her feet off to be honest. it’s seriously hideous those shoes.

8. pipsqueak October 31, 2012 at 03:07 #

If she were Caucasian, we’d probably see “eat a cheeseburger” comment from readers, b/c those brick shoes made her legs look anorexic. Thank goodness, double standard applies, so we just focus on facts in this case. I’d still say those shoes were extremely unflattering. Please, Chen … give the shoes away to any girl on the street of Harajuku.

9. Jess2 October 31, 2012 at 06:42 #

Heartbroken about this styling, really terrible! Such a beautiful dress deserved better lol, I really love Georges Hobeika!

10. TeaAtTwo October 31, 2012 at 11:51 #

I prefer the dress on Yao but Brittany accessorised it way better.