Hai Qing In McQ Alexander McQueen – L’Officiel 2012 China Elegance Awards

Hai Qing also attended the L’Officiel 2012 China Elegance Awards at the National Aquatic Center in Beijing, China, last week.

Opting for a feminine look with an edge, the actress wore a McQ Alexander McQueen Fall 2012 look.

I love her sharp black velvet cut-out blazer accented with a black leather belt, but I love her colourful black tulle floral appliqué skirt more.

Hai’s geometric black-and-white Bulgari clutch is quite the head scratcher with this look. I think that with so much detail on the skirt, the option to stick with a simple black clutch would’ve sufficed don’t you think?

Simple black Christian Louboutin peep-toes completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Bérénice Marlohe In Elie Saab - ‘Skyfall’ Zurich Premiere

Bérénice Marlohe In Elie Saab – ‘Skyfall’ Zurich Premiere

Anna Kendrick In Halston Heritage - 2012 Artios Awards

Anna Kendrick In Halston Heritage – 2012 Artios Awards

13 Responses to Hai Qing In McQ Alexander McQueen – L’Officiel 2012 China Elegance Awards

1. Christine October 30, 2012 at 17:40 #

I like how Victoria Justice wore a similar dress from this collection better. http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2012/05/08/victoria-justice-in-mcq-alexander-mcqueen-2012-met-gala/ Better styling.

• Fashion Critic October 30, 2012 at 17:41 #

it is a totally different look. Victoria wore the dress, Hai wore the skirt.

• Christine October 30, 2012 at 17:42 #

Well I like the dress version much better. The skirt along with the jacket is not working on her.

• JessCar October 30, 2012 at 18:46 #

Agree, much prefer the dress version

2. Nat39 October 30, 2012 at 17:50 #

Her clutch is competing with the vibrant skirt, a simple black clutch would’ve been much better, I can give her simple peep-toes a pass on this occasion as they do not compete with the skirt. I like her modern haircut but I think of a modern updo with this outfit.

3. jones19 October 30, 2012 at 17:52 #

Love this skirt so much, the clutch should have been black.

4. Mol October 30, 2012 at 19:50 #

The clutch works for me somehow, but the shoes definitely don’t….

5. Yeliz October 30, 2012 at 19:59 #

The clutch is great, but not with this look. Not at all. I don’t like the shoes either.

6. Kathy October 30, 2012 at 21:22 #

The flower petal dresses/skirts from this collection (there are a couple of varieties) have been worn to death…I’ve seen them in Teen Vogue and Glamour, on Gwen Stefani on the cover of Elle, and a few other places I can’t remember.

Anyways, I like the runway look 10x better, especially the belt. I don’t know how old Hai Qing is, but I have a feeling she’s too old to be wearing something like this.

7. EmmaWoodhouse October 30, 2012 at 21:54 #

Cool look, I only don’t like the hair and the clutch (cool on its own, too much going on here). The shoes work perfectly with this imo.

8. Jess2 October 31, 2012 at 06:50 #

Love this look from the neck down and minus the clutch.

9. manja October 31, 2012 at 08:57 #

hate the hair very much,ruins everything

10. Valeria October 31, 2012 at 15:14 #

With this haircut the look doesn’t work. There are very few women (sadly VERY few) who can pull off very ladylike looks with short cut. This doesn’t work for me at all!