29.10.12 Premiere

Naomie Harris In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Skyfall’ Rome Premiere

Naomie Harris and Daniel Craig took to the red carpet on Friday evening for the premiere for ‘Skyfall’ in Rome, Italy, following the photocall they attended earlier in the day.

The British actress opted for Dolce & Gabbana again, this time wearing a sexy teal see-through lace gown.

Naomie looks lovely in this gown, stunning in fact, but it’s hardly original considering both Kylie Minogue and Laetitia Casta have worn similar gowns recently.

Many of you have been disappointed that during this big budget promo tour Naomie hasn’t donned the latest Spring 2013, or even Resort 2013 looks. While I agree she’s yet to put a foot wrong style-wise.

Wavy locks, flawless makeup, a diamond-encrusted chunky chain and ruby stone cocktail ring completed her look.

You can buy Naomie’s Dolce & Gabbana dress from Net-A-Porter.com and Browns Fashion.

Credit: Getty

Cameron Diaz In Gucci - LACMA 2012 Art + Film Gala

Cameron Diaz In Gucci – LACMA 2012 Art + Film Gala

Ginnifer Goodwin In Gucci - LACMA 2012 Art + Film Gala

Ginnifer Goodwin In Gucci – LACMA 2012 Art + Film Gala

28 Responses to Naomie Harris In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Skyfall’ Rome Premiere

1. Yeliz October 29, 2012 at 08:08 #

I don’t love it, but it’s better than her London premiere look.

2. Amy October 29, 2012 at 08:10 #

Her makeup is flawless. I’m over the show-your-pants trend

• Ramsay October 29, 2012 at 08:25 #

Totally agree – the hair is good too

• Jess2 October 29, 2012 at 09:17 #

I agree about the hair and makeup, they are spot on. I think she looks nice but I am over this trend as well, especially considering she has done the ‘show your pants’ thing already on this tour.

• Rebecca Z October 29, 2012 at 12:13 #

Agree with all of you. I didn’t need to get over the big panties thing cause I never liked it. The color of this dress is gorgeous on her–if only it were lined.

• EmmaWoodhouse October 29, 2012 at 12:48 #

Agree to every word, Rebecca. This trend is awful…if this dress was lined I would like it but as it is it’s a fail. Gorgeous hair/makeup though.

3. C October 29, 2012 at 08:16 #

Horrible. She doesn’t have the curves to pull this off. Plus it’s so similar to her Marios Schwab she already wore.

She doesn’t really have enough noteriety or relevance to be dressed in SS13 or RST dresses yet. Yes she is a Bond girl, but her name isn’t relevant enough not does she have enough projects in the future. That’s my PR two cents. There are politics on celebrity dressing other than just a pretty dress.

• Fashion Critic October 29, 2012 at 08:20 #

thanks for the insight

• TeaAtTwo October 29, 2012 at 10:24 #

One would think a British fashion label would lend her dresses from recent collections even if just for the London Premiere which was always going to get massive coverage.
      As for this look- another case of flawless hair & makeup but shame about a sheer dress again though the colour is lovely on her.

• rebecca o October 29, 2012 at 11:55 #

But given how huge the movie is, you would think the exposure from that would be enough to get her more recent collections.

• Fashion Critic October 29, 2012 at 11:59 #

I think like C said there is a lot of politics involved.

A PR once told me that X celebrity won’t get loaned the mainline brand, but they will loan her the diffusion line.

• Christine October 29, 2012 at 14:33 #

But how come newcomers like Christa B. Allen or Bella Heathcote wear the latest collections? They are new too. And they are not even promoting a big movie.

It don’t make sense. Either she does not have a stylist or there is something else to it. She’s a bond girl in the newest Bond movie. Press coverage is from wall to wall. I don’t understand.

Politics.

• Christine October 29, 2012 at 15:32 #

Wondering why my above comment is taking forever to be approved.

There has to be a reason why she is not wearing the latest collections? While girls like Bella Heathcote are. I am not going to pull a race card but it makes you wonder. Just saying!

• Fashion Critic October 29, 2012 at 16:00 #

Christine,

Monday’s is technically my day off. I spend the day running errands which I don’t get to do during the week, because I am busy working on my blog.

I blog Monday on Sunday, so the reason I have not responded sooner is because I was away from my computer.

I didn’t want to reply to your comment on my Samsung, because of the annoying predictive text.

I also didn’t want to approve the comment and not respond because you would have then thought I was ignoring your comment.

I have several thoughts in relation to your questions:

– Naomie is not getting the latest looks is because she either doesn’t have a stylist or doesn’t have a good stylist.

A good stylist SHOULD be dressing her in the latest pieces.

– People like Bella Heathcote have been clearly taken under their wing as a newcomer by Gucci and Chanel, the fashion houses who have dressed her the most because they predict she will become a huge star in the future. Naomie has been around for a while.

– Christa B Allen. As I know her stylist. I know he has very good relationships with brands. This is also a key factor

– The final reason could be because Bond girls don’t technically have a great shelf life and maybe PRs don’t want to invest time in them. Can you name the last 3 Bond girls? I could only name Olga. I can’t even picture the others let alone name them and I have seen every Bond movie.

These are all hypothetical and not bible.

• Christine October 29, 2012 at 16:11 #

Thanks, Fc for taking the time out to to write this! You made some great points and the last reason sounds about right.

It’s a shame though. Naomie has been out for awhile but you would think she would at least found one good stylist.

Celebrity dressing is more political than we think. I find this very fascinating-to say the least.

I appreciate your hard work on this blog! I visit your site daily before WWD.

• Fashion Critic October 29, 2012 at 16:17 #

my pleasure x

4. gurlygurl October 29, 2012 at 08:46 #

She is stunning, I love the lace and the color but I am a bit bored with all her sheer looks. It’s a bit one dimensional.

5. Nat October 29, 2012 at 09:57 #

I’m IN LOVE with the colour (althought it surely looks different in the pic of the dress at the bottom of this post…I guess flashes really alter the colours, don’t they?), but this feels so deja-vu…

6. robbie October 29, 2012 at 10:29 #

she had been such a let down this whole promotional tour.

7. Kiwi October 29, 2012 at 11:16 #

I would not call this a let down at all…she looks great and she can’t force designers to give her the newest pieces.

• CreoleLady October 29, 2012 at 12:04 #

Agree completely.

8. kane October 29, 2012 at 11:42 #

Can one be in love with lace dresses and over them at the same time? If so, I am.

• Lisa October 29, 2012 at 13:51 #

+1111

9. Christine October 29, 2012 at 14:24 #

BDOTW! She looks flawless here. Form the hair to the makeup.

• tiffany October 29, 2012 at 21:49 #

10. LizLemoooon October 29, 2012 at 19:11 #

She deserves better than this, girlfriend needs a new stylist ASAP.
    The colour is gorgeous on her, her make up is flawless and her hair is laid to perfection but this look feels date and not worthy of all the energy and poise she’s giving it.
    Oh well, on to the next one!

11. Aline October 29, 2012 at 20:34 #

I know everyone is over the see through lace trend, I am as well. Yet, I think Naomi pulls this off so amazingly that when I first saw it I forgot all about how over this trend I am and just enjoyed how pretty she looks.

Besides, the color looks SO amazing on her. So yeah, I really like it.

• Cierra January 24, 2013 at 08:17 #

THANK YOU! So sorry everyone is sooo “bored” by this trend, but she is rocking it. It’s other celebrities who think they can rock it who have made this trend die.