Florence Welch In Gucci – LACMA 2012 Art + Film Gala

Florence Welch was of course in attendance for the LACMA 2012 Art + Film Gala honoring Ed Ruscha and Stanley Kubrick in LA on Saturday evening hosted by Gucci, where she also performed.

Frida’s favourite gal wore a gorgeous purple custom made Gucci gown with a plunging neckline and sheer sleeves.

This more streamlined look is a departure from the free-flowing gowns we are used to seeing from Florence, and I’m happy to see the singer pull if off with great aplomb.

The British singer styled her belted look with a Gucci chain accented bag from the Fall 2012 collection along with yellow gold Diamantissima Gucci earrings plus a yellow gold Horsebit headband and an yellow gold Bamboo headband on top of her braided updo.

Credit: Getty

37 thoughts on “Florence Welch In Gucci – LACMA 2012 Art + Film Gala

1. EmmaWoodhouse

The color almost kills me with its beauty, and I love most of this look, just wish the neckline wasn’t so low.

2. Luqe Mann

Don’t tell me that shot taken from her side (the third picture) doesn’t remind you of an ancient Greek queen you usually on some ancient Greek coin or plate or something.

3. alexbowles

this look is stunning, the colour of the dress goes so well with her hair colour! gorgeous accessories as well

1. Aline

+ 1

I absolutely share the excitment! I just love this SO MUCH! She looks like a Greek Goddess! It’s just timeless, really. My BDOTW so far

4. Beta

my favourite dressed of this event. She looked drop dead gorgeous, the colour is divine, the accessories are great, she owns it.

5. Nat

It’s just Monday but I already now that this will probably be my BDOTW.
    She looks stunning, the dress is amazing and the colour is great with her complexion and hair. And I LOVE the headpiece with the braided updo.

6. malinda jane

I hope this marks the beginning of Florence in more saturated colors and less gauzy, nude gowns. She looks spectacular.

7. Saree

Terrific. Very Florence, yet also out of her comfort zone.

Just curious – is there a runway picture of this dress? I’d like to see if or how Florence styled this differently. But very BDOTW worthy, probably her best all year.

8. Kathy

The color is a bit harsh for her skin tone. It’s sort of like the color of children’s blocks…that kind of primary blue meets violet, you know what I mean? Nonetheless she looks amazing. Very regal.

9. TeaAtTwo

I’m in love in with this colour of the dress. Her hair and the gold accessories look great next it. She looks almost regal in these photos.

10. dee

She could have done without most of those rings but aside from that she looks absolutely stunning. Love the hair.

11. Poppy

She looks divine! Love the colour, and the accessory in her hair. Yet, she always stays true to her own style. Go Flo!