Anna Wintour In Rochas – LACMA 2012 Art + Film Gala

Anna Wintour was the party pooper at the LACMA 2012 Art + Film Gala honouring Ed Ruscha and Stanley Kubrick on Saturday evening in LA.

That’s because she opted not to follow the dress code, but this is nothing new.

The editor-in-chief of American Vogue, as always, made her own rules by wearing a Rochas Spring 2013 dress.

I adore this fiery red print, which is more suited to fall than spring, don’t you think?

Anna’s sleeveless dress with a gathered detail on the waist was perfectly in tune with her signature style, but I adore the strapless runway version and hope to see it on a red carpet too.

Deciding not to change a habit of a lifetime, she wore her favourite Manolo Blahnik kitten heels and her beaded neckline.

The only thing surprising here is the addition of a clutch, as she has a worse phobia of clutches than Jessica Chastain.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Naomie Harris In Gucci - Harper’s Bazaar Woman Of The Year Awards 2013

Naomie Harris In Gucci – Harper’s Bazaar Woman Of The Year Awards 2013

Jennfier Morrison In Reem Acra - LACMA 2012 Art + Film Gala

Jennfier Morrison In Reem Acra – LACMA 2012 Art + Film Gala

17 Responses to Anna Wintour In Rochas – LACMA 2012 Art + Film Gala

1. Rebecca Z October 29, 2012 at 17:47 #

At least she didn’t wear her sunglasses! It’s a pretty dress, but a tad boring. Her posture is bad and those shoes are so boring–she must have a perpetual stiff neck and bunions.

2. Susan October 29, 2012 at 18:13 #

I am almost always underwhelmed with what Anna is wearing. She almost never looks like what i think fashionable should be. This look is no exception. The print is pretty however.

3. Christine October 29, 2012 at 18:23 #

I like the runway version the best.

• Kathy October 29, 2012 at 20:44 #

Same here, although could you imagine Anna wearing a strapless dress, a bold red lip, or any hairstyle other than her trademark bob? Haha

• Christine October 29, 2012 at 22:28 #

That would be outrageous but funny LOL

4. the (un?)social butterfly October 29, 2012 at 18:28 #

This thing Anna has with those shoes — it´s just like my grandmother and the shoes she will not take off because they are oh so comfortable and “they match everything!”…

5. Yeliz October 29, 2012 at 19:03 #

I like the runway version. And those shoes must be burned.

6. Sara October 29, 2012 at 19:30 #

Eventually those shoes will wear out, won’t they???

7. Parvati October 29, 2012 at 20:02 #

The dress is gorgeous, but she would’ve benefitted from ditching the kittens and gone for some black sandals. And those jewels look like the stained glass you find in churches!

8. Kathy October 29, 2012 at 20:46 #

I personally love the pattern. The overall look is pretty good, nothing exceptional of course, but considering what Anna’s done for the fashion industry I’ll excuse her on that one ;) I guess I’m old-fashioned, but I like it when people stick to their own style on the red carpet. If it works, why change it? (see Kate Middleton, Taylor Swift, Anna Kendrick, etc.)

9. Asimina October 29, 2012 at 21:25 #

I agree with Yeliz, “those shoes must be burned”!!!

10. Jones19 October 29, 2012 at 22:46 #

Love the runway version.

11. Ramsay October 29, 2012 at 23:12 #

This dress kind of remind of this one (in shape sn style)

I am quite surprised at people who say her style is dull or unfashionable – I actually find her always quite daring especially in colour and prints (always very special prints that are very difficult to pull off) – so off course she stays in her comfort zone in her hairstyle and shoe choice but all those Prada looks from the runway she wears, or the Marni are very difficult to pull off – and everyone stays in their comfort zone in some ways (even the most daring: Carine Roitfeld and her dark make-up, the late Anna Piaggi and her overaccessorizing, etc.) and what is her comfort zone is her trademark.

As for this look, though I don’t like it as much as the Prada above (which has more volume and a better print in my opinion), I find it quite chic. It’s good seeing her embrace the post- Theyskens Rochas, I guess the very talented Marco Zannini must be doing something right…

12. EmmaWoodhouse October 30, 2012 at 14:13 #

Adore the print, the dress is very pretty (Marion Cotillard in the runway version, perhaps with added cap sleeves, would be divine), but Anna’s stale styling does nothing for it. Burn those Manolos!

13. Elaine2 October 30, 2012 at 16:00 #

Those shoes are getting to be an absolute joke.

14. Jess2 October 31, 2012 at 03:57 #

I thought exactly the same thing FC I am dying to see the runway version on the RC. Love the print and shape! I think Anna looks great in this dress, but I yearn for the day of different shoes.

15. Dhppy October 31, 2012 at 07:00 #

Wintour loves her long circle skirts, but I wonder if this is the best cut for her. I like the Tom Ford dress she wore. That silhouette was great on her.