Leighton Meester In Mary Katrantzou – Flaunt Magazine Cover Party

Leighton Meester had a dinner party thrown in her honour by Flaunt Magazine to celebrate her as their latest cover girl at Ink restaurant in West Hollywood, California, last night.

The guest of honour wore a Mary Katrantzou ‘Starbright’ dress from the Fall 2012 collection.

Her black-and-white silk-crepe strapless dress has a hanger print on the bodice and an interesting geometric print on the skirt.

Many of you who hold Leighton in high regard as your ‘shoe goddess’ may be a bit miffed to discover she played it safe with black Christian Louboutin ‘Pigalle’ pumps.

Opting for a fresh-faced look with pink glossy lips, I’m hoping this hairstyle is a faux bob, but the cut is telling me otherwise.

You can buy Leighton’s Mary Katrantzou dress from theCorner.com and Barneys.com.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Katy Perry In Wes Gordon - CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Event

Katy Perry In Wes Gordon – CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Event

Mary Elizabeth Winstead In Amen - W's 40th Anniversary Party

Mary Elizabeth Winstead In Amen – W’s 40th Anniversary Party

26 Responses to Leighton Meester In Mary Katrantzou – Flaunt Magazine Cover Party

1. Anna October 26, 2012 at 12:11 #

Love the dress on Leighton. The shoes are a bit boring but now all the focus is on her pretty dress.

She has indeed cut her hair, it wasn’t in good shape because all of the styling it’s been put through. The pics don’t do the new hairstyle justice at all!

2. Charlotte October 26, 2012 at 12:21 #

I don’t like the dress. B
    ut I’m glad she cut her hair. I prefer her like that, with a bang it would be perfect.

3. Yeliz October 26, 2012 at 12:30 #

I like it!

4. TeaAtTwo October 26, 2012 at 12:52 #

Yep, the shoe choice was a bit lame but the dress is nice. I hope somebody rocks the runway version soon!

5. Hannah October 26, 2012 at 13:09 #

I love the dress on her. I don’t love her hair, which does look like an actual bob from the other angle, but I think my issue is the styling, not the cut.
    I used to regard her as my shoe goddess, but this year she has been a huge let down so I don’t anymore. It’s kind of how Cate Blanchett was my red carpet goddess, but not this year. It’s sad, really.

6. dee October 26, 2012 at 13:47 #

The only thing I don’t like is the hair. The dress and shoes are good.

7. Kiwi October 26, 2012 at 13:48 #

Love this look..the shoes are boring but they work

8. Susan October 26, 2012 at 13:51 #

I like this. And, i didn’t recognize that it is Leighton.

9. andrea October 26, 2012 at 15:15 #

I like the simplicity of the shoes against the busy dress, I think that was a smart choice. I would have liked to see an interesting (but not fussy)clutch, though. Maybe she had one but its not shown.

10. Moxie October 26, 2012 at 15:37 #

Beautiful from the ankles to the neck.

• Nat39 October 26, 2012 at 18:43 #

I only like the dress too. The rest isn’t working.

11. Rebecca Z October 26, 2012 at 15:50 #

spectacular dress which gets no competition from her shoes or anything else.

12. Alina October 26, 2012 at 16:34 #

Beautiful dress but she does nothing for it.

13. Mol October 26, 2012 at 17:11 #

I like this, and like others, I feel like the shoes work to keep the focus on the dress. She has such a fresh beautiful face and I like shorter hair on her, although the styling of it here is a little off, overall though, I love it.

14. Aline October 26, 2012 at 21:38 #

She did cut her hair after shooting the last episode of Gossip Girl. And I strongly dislike it. At least in this picture.

The only thing I like is the dress, so I kinda wish it had been worn by someone who would style it better.

• EmmaWoodhouse October 27, 2012 at 15:44 #

Agree to everything–dress is fab but I wish that she had styled it better. I also don’t like the hair, and I kind of wish someone would wear the cool jacket with it.

15. Jones19 October 26, 2012 at 23:29 #

She looks washed out which is sad because I love this dress.

16. Shifa October 27, 2012 at 02:43 #

First of all, FC thanks for posting this.It made my day because I love Leighton Meester. I like that she cut her hair shorter, but I feel like this length sticks out like a sore thumb. If she wanted to cut it I feel like it should either be chin length or she shouldn’t have cut it so short. I love her dress, the runway version is gorgeous but I don’t think it’s quite her style so I’m glad she wore this version. Her shoes nearly made me cry, it makes me wonder if someone is blackmailing her into wearing boring shoes, because I refuse to admit to admit that this is the same person. She was the last person I thought would be wearing Pigalle’s. Anyways thanks FC, Have a good weekend!

• Fashion Critic October 27, 2012 at 09:03 #

My pleasure. have a good weekend

17. Christine October 27, 2012 at 03:34 #

I miss the days of her rocking the freshest and the best shoes on the RC! Love the dress though.

18. Jess2 October 27, 2012 at 10:25 #

I am missing her top shoe game but I do really like this look and simple shoes let the dress stand out. Jury is still out on the hair, not really sure what is going on there.

19. Kathy October 27, 2012 at 15:58 #

I don’t love it, I don’t hate it. I feel like she could’ve used a dash of color, or some creative accessories. And the look just appears more complete with the runway jacket and hairstyle. Leighton looks like she’s wearing graph paper out of a high school student’s math notebook.

20. Cascia October 27, 2012 at 19:41 #

I love it!!!

21. Dani October 28, 2012 at 02:36 #

Would have prefered the sleeved version of the dress. Dislike her hair and makeup here.

22. Amy October 28, 2012 at 10:24 #

i like it and i don’t mind the shoes because they complement the dress

23. Taytayreeves November 5, 2012 at 13:37 #

How can someone make a Mary Katranzou dress look so bland ?