Bella Heathcote In Prabal Gurung – CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Event

Bella Heathcote attended the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Event held at the Chateau Marmont in LA, California, yesterday evening.

After seeing so much of Prabal Gurung’s Resort 2013 collection on the red carpet recently, I knew it would be only a matter of time before we would see the first Spring 2013 look.

I did expect Amanda Seyfried to take that honour, but that just goes to prove you can’t predict anything, except when it comes to Renee Zellweger and Victoria Beckham, in celebrity fashion.

The Australian actress wore a grey-and-white printed tank dress with tonal chiffon ruffles and a white corset.

I loved the styling on the runway, but that love doesn’t translate to Bella’s look.

This dress works best free flowing without a belt. I don’t think I need explain why I dislike her shoe choice.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Huo Siyan's Stella McCartney Monogram Embroidered Cady Top And Stella McCartney Carroll Monogram Embroidered Midi Skirt

Huo Siyan’s Stella McCartney Monogram Embroidered Cady Top And Stella McCartney Carroll Monogram Embroidered Midi Skirt

Naomie Harris In Dolce & Gabbana - 'Skyfall' Rome Photocall

Naomie Harris In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Skyfall’ Rome Photocall

12 Responses to Bella Heathcote In Prabal Gurung – CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Event

1. Nat39 October 26, 2012 at 20:14 #

Not sure if she could’ve pulled it off without a belt – the dress would’ve probably ended up hanging shapelessly off her, so it was probably a smart choice to cinch in the waist with the belt. But she def. needed a more inspiring complementary shoe instead of those dull pumps, and I think she should consider changing that hairstyle.

2. manja October 26, 2012 at 20:27 #

I like everything but the shoes,some metalic silver sandals wld ve been great,and I prefer the addition of belt

• Yeliz October 26, 2012 at 20:54 #

ITA.

• Jess2 October 28, 2012 at 09:30 #

I agree!

3. Ro October 26, 2012 at 20:32 #

I don’t mind the belt but I’m with you on the shoes. It’s been pretty warm in LA so a chic sandal would been preferred.

4. Odette October 26, 2012 at 20:48 #

I actually like it better with the belt. Without the belt it looks like something a ghost would wear.
    She needed Kirkwoods with this look. The clutch is fine I ‘spose.

5. Odette October 26, 2012 at 20:51 #

Who is that wearing the diamond printed Thakoon Resort 2013 dress in the background? [with Marni or Proenza Schouler shoes?]

6. Rebecca Z October 26, 2012 at 20:59 #

It is just an ugly, way too busy dress. It looks really cheap.

7. Hannah October 27, 2012 at 02:34 #

Her hair si begining to ruin looks for me. I think tht she was so much mroe beautiful without a fringe, and it loosk limp here. The dress was better as a drop waist tank dress, much fresher, and these particular hoes are awful. I don’t usually hate pointedpumps, but I am just over them by now, and sometimes, like here, they make people’s feet look huge.

8. Christine October 27, 2012 at 03:05 #

I actually like the belt but wish it was a bit thinner. The shoes are a bore.

9. EmmaWoodhouse October 28, 2012 at 14:45 #

I much prefer the dress with a belt. It gives it much needed definition! From the ankles up this is a very good look imo. She needed silver sandals or silver peeptoes.