25.10.12

Versace Soho New York Boutique Opening

Versace opened a new boutique in Soho, New York, yesterday evening and Donatella Versace invited along her favourite celebs and supermodels to celebrate the occasion.

Jennifer Hudson: The singer was my favourite at this event. She wore a chic black flared leather skirt with cross details from the Versace Fall 2012 collection paired with a black turtleneck with Swarovski crystals. What I love most about this look is the orange coat with chainmail inserts and that gorgeous smile. A simple side-parted bun and black knee-high Versace boots from the Fall 2012 collection completed her look.

Alexa Chung: I never had Alexa down as a Versace girl, so I’m not surprised that she opted for the more youthful and edgier Versus collection. I love burgundy, so I’m mildly obsessed with her burgundy knit turtleneck top paired with a matching leather mini skirt from the Versus Fall 2012 collection. You’ll be surprised to learn I have no complaints about this look. No, not even her hair.

Princess Charlene of Monaco: The modern princess opted for a sexy, simple, yet chic look donning a Versace cashmere coat with leather inserts, paired with over-the-knee leather Versace gold toe-cap boots. The only pop of colour came via her red lips.

Coco Rocha: The supermodel not only stood out for her sexy Versace LBD with metallic detailing from Versace Fall 2012 collection, but also for her blue eye shadow. Berenice Marlohe and Coco Rocha are trying to inspire us to be more creative with our eye makeup. A pair of black Versace Fall pointy pumps completed her look.

Leigh Lezark: Never one to miss a fashionable soiree, the DJ was supporting Versace last night wearing a bright yellow Versace Fall 2012 dress with a modern crescent-shaped neckline plus cut-outs at the hem and on the side. She wore the same Versace shoes as Coco.

Donatella Versace: The host looked stunning wearing a gold-studded black leather ensemble featuring a corset and skinny pants.

Lady Gaga: I honestly didn’t recognise Lady Gaga. I’m not quite sure what is going on here, but all I can focus on is the uneven fake tan on her legs.

Melissa George: The actress wore a black leather Versace skirt with cross details paired with a black knit top and a black Versace trench coat and velvet Versace pumps.

Doutzen Kroes: Always one to brighten up any red carpet with her gorgeous smile, the model wore a black Versace Fall 2012 black coat with flared skirt which was enriched with Swarovski crystals.

Linda Evangelista: The supermodel, like a few others at this event made her coat the focal point of her look.  She wore a black velvet Versace Fall 2012 coat embroidered with Swarovski crystal crosses and black leather boots.

Normally I would frown upon so much black on a red carpet, but each look was season appropriate and far from boring with the Swarovski crystals and cross embroideries.

Credit: Courtesy of Versace & FameFlynet

Halle Berry In Dolce & Gabbana - ‘Cloud Atlas’ LA Premiere

Halle Berry In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Cloud Atlas’ LA Premiere

Nicole Richie's IRO Anabela Asymmetric Leather Biker Jacket And Simone Camille Skylar Backpack

Nicole Richie’s IRO Anabela Asymmetric Leather Biker Jacket And Simone Camille Skylar Backpack

26 Responses to Versace Soho New York Boutique Opening

1. robbie October 25, 2012 at 13:39 #

wow alexa actually does look pretty darn good here.
    far too much black at this event for my taste so thank heavens jennifer, alexa and leigh adding some pops of colour.

gaga as usual looks ridiculous. although this is probably one of her less clownish outfit choices.

2. EmmaWoodhouse October 25, 2012 at 13:46 #

Coco, Leigh, and surprisingly Alexa are my favorites here. The others, not so much (especially not Donatella and Lady Gaga. What messes). I don’t like all the studded, overwrought leather–it looks cheap to me even though I know it’s not.

3. Mick October 25, 2012 at 13:59 #

I loved Alexa Chung’s and Coco Rocha’s (minus the blue eyeshadow, that should’ve stayed in the 1980s) outfits the most, but overall almost all looks were pretty great. Except Gaga, she was quite horrid

4. CreoleLady October 25, 2012 at 14:17 #

Wow. Jennifer Hudson has never looked better (even though orange and black can be Halloween-ish). Didn’t even recognize Princess Charlene. Love Leigh’s pop of yellow (although the bumble bee effect with black accessories disappoints). And though the the bottom row is all black, I really like each look.

5. Ella October 25, 2012 at 14:20 #

The all black looks are winners, very chic. Leigh added some much needed colour to this event. Also, this is the most human I’ve ever seen Gaga. BTW..What on earth is going on between her and Donatella recently, are they in a relationship or something? Its starting to get weird.

6. Emmeline October 25, 2012 at 14:25 #

Leigh stands out the most to me. It’s so nice to see such a bright pop of color amongst so much black.

I also really like Alexa. Clean, brushed hair looks good on her. She should try it more often.

7. dee October 25, 2012 at 14:31 #

I only like Princess Charlene’s look.

8. katie October 25, 2012 at 15:03 #

FC i would die without a peep at your site everyday!!i love it, Alexa looks amazing i want her outfit,Leigh looks beautiful with her pop of colour

• Fashion Critic October 25, 2012 at 15:07 #

Lol. ..that is sweet

9. Lee October 25, 2012 at 15:15 #

I’ve never seen Alexa’s hair look this styled before. She looks great for a change. Love that colour. I also like Princess Charlene’s look.

• Yeliz October 25, 2012 at 23:55 #

Totally agree. Surprisingly, I love Alexa’s look head to toe and also Princess Charelene’s look.

10. Moxie October 25, 2012 at 15:25 #

Is Alexa wearing her skirt backwards, with the zipper in the front?
    Is Lady Gaga wearing a belt across a bare midriff? Ugly as well as uncomfortable.
    That’s Melissa? I thought that was Lindsay Lohan! ‘Nuff said.
    I like Princess Charlene, Doutzen and Linda’s coats.

11. goldfish October 25, 2012 at 15:29 #

loving alexa and especially charlene’s look. has she cut her hair? it looks amazing!
    and i quite like donnatella’s leatherpants, pretty rad imo

12. Fanny October 25, 2012 at 16:14 #

Jennifer’s body looks amazing in that skirt! I also like Doutzen here.

13. Christine October 25, 2012 at 16:47 #

Alexa looks good. BDOTW even. Never seen her look so..clean?

I like Jennifer Hudson’s coat. I also liked Doutzen Kroe and Melissa George’s looks.

I didn’t even noticed Lady Gaga. Wow.

14. Tony October 25, 2012 at 17:21 #

Good Lord. Linda Evangelista is stunning.

15. marie October 25, 2012 at 18:38 #

oh FC, so you finally liked an Alexa Chung look from H2T? i seem to recall that from your posts last week, never thought it would happen this soon..and the girl does have great hair! come on Alexa, comb it for every girl out there who has everyday as a bad hair day!

16. ash October 25, 2012 at 18:44 #

Wow, Alexa, Coco and Leigh all look so good!! And I’m surprised by how minimal Gaga’s look is. I’d expect her wearing a Versace Atelier dress or a vintage Versace.

17. Jones19 October 25, 2012 at 20:37 #

Leigh Lezark is my favorite here. Love that yellow dress. I thought Melissa George was Lindsay Lohan at first, she looks grungy and not in a good way.

18. andrea October 25, 2012 at 20:40 #

FC, you said the other day you would like Alexa from head to toe eventually, who knew it would happen so soon :-)

• Fashion Critic October 25, 2012 at 21:03 #

i know…who knew indeed :)

19. Lee October 25, 2012 at 22:05 #

I usually like Alexa, I don’t seem to be bothered by her messy hair like many are. Her outfit is my favorite here – slim and classic looking, really suits her, and the color is great. Her hair looks like it’s getting longer, maybe she’s growing it out and opting for a sleeker look now?

20. TL October 26, 2012 at 00:31 #

Definitely Leigh Lezark, she stands out with the yellow color.

21. Joy October 26, 2012 at 01:23 #

Wow — Donatella and her Gaga pal are all ready for Halloween!

22. Kiwi October 26, 2012 at 14:22 #

Like Alexa’s look though my fav is Leigh.. Charlene looks amazing

23. b October 26, 2012 at 20:20 #

loving charlene and linda

gaga didn’t look that bad, but i hate the horrible hat… luv the shoes and the skirt..