25.10.12

Maison Martin Margiela For H&M Party

H&M hosted a party in New York City to celebrate their Maison Martin Margiela collaboration on Tuesday evening.

Mena Suvari: Despite not being a fan of Mena’s trompe l’oeil bodysuit, she’s totally working this look, as per. She styled the look with a navy ‘Hitched Up’ skirt, tan wedges with a Perspex heel and a giant silver metallic candy wrapper clutch (a must-have from this collection). She was my favourite at this event.

Leigh Lezark: I’m not surprised that the DJ picked the most colourful and difficult-to-wear piece from the Maison Martin Margiela for H&M collection. She’s never one to fade into the background. The look includes a colourful printed-scarves top and skirt. She opted for the wedges in black.

Selma Blair: The actress wore the black version of the ‘Horizontally Worn’ dress with black wedges. I love how she styled the look with the china bumps and red lip colour, but I prefer the blue version of this dress which appears in the lookbook.

Julianne Moore: A simple black Maison Martin Margiela for H&M suit with peaked shoulders look super chic on Julianne.

Sarah Jessica Parker: The actress looked like an Olsen twin engulfed with so many layers and an oversized blazer.

Helena Christensen: The supermodel makes this £179.99 leather ‘Car Seat Cover’ dress look even more expensive. She styled her look with all black accessories.

The Maison Martin Margiela for H&M collection hits stores November 15. Click here to see the accessories.

Credit: Getty

Victoria Beckham In Comme Des Garçons - Out In New York City

Victoria Beckham In Comme Des Garçons – Out In New York City

Krysten Ritter In Robert Rodriguez - Good Morning America

Krysten Ritter In Robert Rodriguez – Good Morning America

13 Responses to Maison Martin Margiela For H&M Party

1. robbie October 25, 2012 at 11:04 #

the only good look out of this bunch is helena. leigh and selma are sporting the UGLIEST looks possible.

2. Jones19 October 25, 2012 at 12:07 #

None of these looks do anything for me but Helena looks okay I guess.

3. monica October 25, 2012 at 12:42 #

holy awfulness!!
    thanks H6M and Margiela but, yes, pass >_<

4. gabis October 25, 2012 at 12:58 #

Fashionwise that was mess of a party. Mena’s bodysuit is hideous and I really dislike that gigantic candy wrapper clutch. Selma and Leigh both look like they simply had a bunch of fabrics wrapped and tied around their bodies. Julianne’s suit has its fitting all wrong. It doesn’t look good at all. As for SJP, I totally agree with you, she does look very Olsen twin. And once again ruining her look with an awful blazer. Helena Christensen is probably the best in this bunch.

5. EmmaWoodhouse October 25, 2012 at 13:09 #

Mena looks horrible except for skirt and shoes (and her face), Leigh looks like a fortune-teller; Selma looks blah…Julianne’s suit is illfitted, SJP looks like a mess, and only Helena is passable.

6. Amy October 25, 2012 at 13:19 #

SJP is a mess, I mean I don’t know why but with her it’s big hit or big mess. the others don’t look terrific either but I always have higher expectations concerning SJP

7. nico October 25, 2012 at 15:25 #

Actually, under the oversized blazer, SJP is wearing a gown from the fall 2012 Maison Martin Margiela Artisanal collection.

8. goldfish October 25, 2012 at 15:32 #

surprisingly loving the ultra wide pants on the model from the second picture. don’t know if i would dare to try to pull it of though

9. Moxie October 25, 2012 at 15:39 #

Helena looks FABULOUS. Julianne looks okay.

The rest look like they reached into the closet and grabbed a handful of items and put them on… whether they matched or not.

10. Christine October 25, 2012 at 17:00 #

Interesting collection.

11. Joan October 25, 2012 at 19:11 #

In my opinion the whole collection is just plain ugly

12. Yeliz October 25, 2012 at 23:47 #

I love Helena’s look!

13. Saree October 26, 2012 at 05:29 #

I absolutely love Mena’s top. I had to pick my jaw up off the ground after realising it was an illusion. Well played Mena, well played.

This sorta top for me is acceptable in drawing attention, mixing it up and creating a bit of attention. Not the whole, wear a bra walking around NYC like Gaga.