Penelope Cruz In L’Wren Scott – ‘Skyfall’ Royal Premiere After-Party

Penelope Cruz also kept herself in the background while supporting her husband Javier Bardem who took to the red carpet last night for the ‘Skyfall’ Royal premiere.

They were spotted hand in hand at the official after-party held at the Tate Modern in London, where Penelope dazzled in a gown by her favourite designer, L’Wren Scott.

Her form-fitting gold-sequined and caviar-beaded Fall 2012 cap-sleeve gown was styled with gold Nicholas Kirkwood sandals and an Emilio Pucci clutch.

A simple ponytail completed her look.

Looking at both Rachel Weisz and Penelope, it was a good thing they didn’t take to the red carpet, as they would’ve totally upstaged the main stars.

Pen is breathtaking here.

The knee-length version of Penelope’s L’Wren Scott dress is available from Stylebop US and Stylebop.com.

Credit: Style.com & XPOSUREPHOTOS.COM

26 thoughts on “Penelope Cruz In L’Wren Scott – ‘Skyfall’ Royal Premiere After-Party

1. CreoleLady

Love the dress but not on Cruz. Not flattering to her mid-section. The ponytail doesn’t work here for me either, her bangs sparse, hair seems like it was an afterthought.

2. Ramsay

She looks good – it was either going to be her or Nicole or Ellen Barkin wearing this dress – always the same small but faithful group wearing L’wrenn Scott’s designs

3. Nat

I’m not too keen on her hairstyle, but other than that she looks great.
    The dress – expecially the lower part – is amazing. Looks like liquid gold.

4. Moxie

She looks fantastic. She and Rachel know how to dress for premieres. Naomie and Berenice should take notes.

5. Angela R.

I do not know why does Penelope persist on wearing Lwrent Scott dresses if its clear they do not favor her at all. She looks boxy because I think after becoming a mother, her body has changed and her waist is not there anymore. Maybe if she would have worn a thin belt for trying to define it, but no, this dress does not work on her, and that “little girl” pony tail with bangles is the most unflattered hairdo I can see on a woman of 35 years old.

6. Pablo

Can’t deny she looks lovely but the truth is I haven’t seen a completely flattering picture of her in this dress… pity.

7. Hannah

I don’t like this look. She can do much better, and has. I think that L’Wren Scott dresses make her look boxy. I don’t really love the neckline or the sleeves, they just feel so average for a gown, and the hair doesn’t do anything either.

8. Betelgeuze

I totally agree with that upstaging statement. Both Penelope and Rachel looked breathtaking, Rachel being my favourite, while all I think about Berenice’s dress is how could she possibly breathe.

9. EmmaWoodhouse

Why didn’t she keep the cape? Lol, jk. :D
    I love gold, but the dress is a little tight in the legs. Walking, it looks awkward. It also looks a bit look the gold dress worn by Carrie and Zhang…Zuhair Murad?

10. Mia

i don’t quite understand why penelope looks a lot wider here than she normally is. it’s probably the angle i guess – but she does look gorgeous. This dress is really something :)