Marion Cotillard was out again in Dior last night attending the 16th Annual Hollywood Film Awards Gala held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in California.

On this occasion she selected a look from the Christian Dior Fall 2012 Couture collection.

Her strapless black dress with a fitted bodice and blue velvet appliqué is a typically sophisticated look from the French actress.

The dress appears longer, as Marion’s dress doesn’t have the bone structure in the hips like the dress on the runway.

Pointy metallic silver Dior heels, barely there makeup and a 40s style hairdo completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Luxembourg Royal Wedding?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Luxembourg Royal Wedding?

AnnaSophia Robb In Emilio Pucci - ‘The Carrie Diaries’ New York Television Festival Premiere

AnnaSophia Robb In Emilio Pucci – ‘The Carrie Diaries’ New York Television Festival Premiere

22 Responses to Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior Couture – 16th Annual Hollywood Film Awards Gala

1. Ramsay October 23, 2012 at 11:05 #

I don’t know if anyone else agrees but I think the choker worked beautifully with that dress on the runway

2. Petra October 23, 2012 at 11:26 #

She should’ve gone with the bone structure, but she looks pretty nonetheless.

3. Fiona-Brasil October 23, 2012 at 11:31 #

Marion is a very pretty woman but I don’t think this dress works for her, she is overwhelmed by it.I totally agree with you,the dress is too long for her.I hate the 40s hair style.

4. Princess Chi Chi October 23, 2012 at 11:47 #

Eughh… I am actually cringing. I wish the dress was a little shorter and had more volume. I really dislike this new direction Dior is heading.

5. rebecca o October 23, 2012 at 12:15 #

If Charlize can not wear Dior every single time then surely Marion can branch out as well. All these Dior dresses look the same after a while.

• Robert October 23, 2012 at 15:59 #

I feel like I’ve seen this look on her several times. I get it and I don’t like it more than once.

6. Leeann October 23, 2012 at 12:33 #

It is too long but that is because she is wearing the runway sample. I wish she had worn the choker. In photos these dresses look rather bland but up close it is a stunning dress

7. Anna October 23, 2012 at 12:39 #

If there’s a rule about wearing a retro-inspired look, then it’s to wear the correct undergarments with/under it. This dress needs a) girdle, b) petticoat or bone structure, as on the model.
    On Marion it looks droopy and isn’t the right length. Plus the waist seems to be too low.

A beautiful dress, not enough effort to make it work.

8. robbie October 23, 2012 at 13:32 #

not a huge raf simons for dior fan but this dress looks fantastic on her.

9. dee October 23, 2012 at 13:41 #

She looks pretty but I wish the dress was shorter and she wore some earrings or a necklace.

10. Hannah October 23, 2012 at 14:16 #

I’m actually just quite bored of this collection already. Every look looks too similar to teh one before, and they are running out of wearable looks. I also wish that someone would go for strappy sandals instead of pointed pumps, especially the collection’s shoes, because with their straps and super pointines,s they are just so 90s.

• Aline October 23, 2012 at 20:43 #

• Quinn October 24, 2012 at 01:56 #

11. Rebecca Z October 23, 2012 at 14:35 #

I love the dress but hate her hair–she looks like Minnie Mouse.

12. Moxie October 23, 2012 at 15:39 #

I know it was the style, but I really don’t like the hair bumps on top of her head. I agree with the others that the dress is too long. Needed to be a little bit shorter. I hate pizza-toe shoes in general, and these mirrored ones are awful.

13. Christine October 23, 2012 at 15:41 #

I like the dress but not with this styling.

14. EmmaWoodhouse October 23, 2012 at 16:07 #

She looks great sans shoes. She always just screams elegance to me–elegance with a touch of individuality that makes difficult looks seem effortless.

• Yeliz October 23, 2012 at 17:41 #

I agree.

15. Glenda October 23, 2012 at 18:35 #

She looks divine. Definitely worthy of a spot in the BDOTW list, to me at least.

• Beta October 23, 2012 at 18:41 #

+1 love the look head to toe

16. TeaAtTwo October 23, 2012 at 23:28 #

Apart from maybe changing the shoes I really like this look on her. She looks pretty and elegant, the hair was quirky but pleasant choice and I’m fine with the fit of dress especially when one thinks about previous Red carpet outings of dresses from this collection. Marion seem to have worn black and blue dress quite a few occasions.

17. steve October 25, 2012 at 21:49 #

Why are they removing the structure from these couture gowns? They looked magnificent on the runway. While Marion still looks amazing, Natalie Portman’s Miss Dior dress was absolutely breath taking on the runway but quite literally fell flat on her.Why are they butchering these amazing creations???