Jessica Chastain In Jason Wu – Harry Winston Dinner For Jessica Chastain

Harry Winston hosted a dinner party for Jessica Chastain in New York City last night.

The actress wore a Jason Wu Spring 2013 dress.

Her white apron dress with a leather bodice and silk georgette skirt with black laser-cut floral embroidery at the hem was of course styled with Harry Winston jewels.

Jessica completed her girlie, playful look with black satin Christian Louboutin ‘Volpi’ peep-toes.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Emmy Rossum In Monique Lhuillier - American Express And Uber Mobile Loyalty Program Launch #AmexUber

Emmy Rossum In Monique Lhuillier – American Express And Uber Mobile Loyalty Program Launch #AmexUber

Solange Knowles In Badgley Mischka - Angel Ball 2012

Solange Knowles In Badgley Mischka – Angel Ball 2012

13 Responses to Jessica Chastain In Jason Wu – Harry Winston Dinner For Jessica Chastain

1. Odette October 23, 2012 at 17:48 #

I love Jessica Chastain, but she is not a Wu Girl.

She should stick to Oscar de la Renta, Zac Posen, colorful and interesting Yves Saint Laurent, Andrew Gn, Monique Lhuillier, Carolina Herrera and Elie Saab, as I think she looks best in those designers.

She should also have a go at Wes Gordon, Antonio Berardi, Bottega Veneta, Giambattista Valli, Angel Sanchez, Gustavo Cadile, J. Mendel, and Ralph Lauren.

It’s almost not her fault that many of her looks are ‘meh’ because she is just going for a classic look. But still.

2. Odette October 23, 2012 at 18:37 #

Hey FC, I forgot to ask:

You have said you think Jessica’s style needs some more punch (interesting accessories for once and possibly more sass [like her Vivienne Westwood look at the Los Angeles Film Critics Association Awards, page 8]).

What do you think of the designers I diagnosed?

If you were her stylist, who would you dress her in?

Think of Jessica in one of Angel Sanchez’s colorful, classic structured gowns…swoon.

The designers I recommended are classic but interesting and devastatingly chic (Mr. Valli and Mr. Lauren holla).

I didn’t put Chanel because I don’t think she is a Chanel girl.

Oh, I forgot to put in L’Wren Scott.

I think Jessica would be a fantastic addition to the L’Wren Scott Family, like Ashley Greene has been.

3. dee October 23, 2012 at 18:43 #

This is just OK. Not terrrible but I think the color washes her out and the shoes aren’t quite the right choice with the dress.

4. Yeliz October 23, 2012 at 18:45 #

I think the leather bodice is a bit ill fitting on her and I don’t like her shoes.
    I hope to see this dress once again on the RC though, because I love it.

5. Moxie October 23, 2012 at 18:54 #

The fit is wrong. And it looks too young for her. Not just the length, but the style.

• Nat39 October 23, 2012 at 21:54 #

It’s too young for her both in length and style, agree, looks like a mature woman wearing her daughter’s clothes.

6. Ramsay October 23, 2012 at 19:56 #

And this is supposed to be the best dressed lady in the world…this list is a joke…

7. Aline October 23, 2012 at 21:23 #

Damn, that’s one of my favorite dresses from the spring 2013 collections and it’s just a shame it wasn’t done justice.

8. Christine October 24, 2012 at 04:52 #

This dress is not working for me.

9. Jess2 October 24, 2012 at 10:09 #

It isn’t a terrible look. I don’t like the shoes here and the top does need to be fitted a little better. Her and and makeup is lovely though.

10. amanda October 24, 2012 at 16:57 #

she looks beautiful as always……

11. EmmaWoodhouse October 25, 2012 at 02:50 #

Jessica is beautiful, I love her, and I love many of the dresses she wears but I don’t think they work for her. They are too young and sweet. She looked her most beautiful at the Oscars when she wore that regal McQueen. She loves classic but really needs to go for a queenly vibe. The sweetness of her face/persona will balance it out and keep it from being too matronly. That McQueen is on my BDOTY list because it was just so beautiful. She has that in her and I hope to see something like that from her again.
    I really love her and would love her to “find herself” in terms of style.
    Shout out to Odette–I love your picks for designers and that you took the time to think about it so much. That’s dedication. :)

12. pipsqueak October 25, 2012 at 03:57 #

This is a weak look. Not that she’s not a Jason Wu girl, but that the hair was lackluster and the shoes are mommy footwear. If these two elements had been different, say a ponytail or younger looking sandals, she would’ve looked really good.