Shu Qi In Elie Saab – Piaget Store Opening

Shu Qi attended the opening ceremony of Piaget’s new store in Hong Kong, China last week.

The Taiwanese actress wore an Elie Saab Fall 2011 gown for the occasion.

I was delighted to finally see this maroon embellished gown, with a plunging neckline, on the red carpet.

She of course accessorized her look with Piaget jewels but I was surprised she added blue Giuseppe Zanotti embellished peep-toes to this look.

I’m on the fence about her footwear. Whilst they are a welcome addition to all the hum-drum shoes we see on the red carpet, I’m also thinking they take some of the elegance away from the look.

What do you think?

Credit: Style.com & Sina

23 thoughts on “Shu Qi In Elie Saab – Piaget Store Opening

1. Nat39

Big NO to her shoe choice from me, they totally kill the elegance of the look, and I understand she had to wear all that jewellery but I wish she didn’t have to as the gown is so stunning and can speak for itself.

2. Arina

The shoes clash with the dress. They’re a cool tone, whereas the dress is on the warm side, it just doesn’t go at all.

3. Hannah

This obviously gives me a massive sense of deja vu, ecause, despit eth colour, teh silhouette and the overall stlye of teh gown have been doen to death. the clashes of maroon, electric blue and red are jarring. The thing I find the worst with this is why woud you wear a super bedazzled gown to a jewellery event. The stunning neckalce is completely overshadowed by the gown, and the neckline doesn’t work with it, either.

4. Leto66

Terrible shoes! They ruin almost the entire look for me! Too bad, because the rest is beautiful. Although I don’t like the colour of the lipstick to the colour of the dress. I would have prefered a more nutral tone.

5. Anne G

I love everything except the shoes because the shoes looks cheap. Shu Qi is very beautiful Woman
    Today is a Elie Saab’s day. I never see so many Elie Saab dresses the same day.

6. Juliana

I wish i hadn’t opened the other pics, ’cause i love the dress and jewerly but hate the shoes so so much!

7. Rebecca Z

Yes, the shoes really detract from the beauty of her look. Much too heavy,and the color is a distraction rather than a complement.

8. robbie

was so ready to say this look was flawless til it came to seeing the shoes. a nice delicate sandal would have been perfect.

9. Nat39

and I find the bold red lipcolour jarring, wish she’d toned it down with a lighter shade of lipstick. Also prefer the gown with the belt and the small peplum detail on the runway.

10. Aline

This is one of the few times I don’t like something by Elie Saab. Actually, this has got to be my least favorite Elie Saab dress ever. And paired with those shoes and that amount of jewels, it only makes it look worse to me.

I love her hair, though.

11. EmmaWoodhouse

I love the color and details of the dress, but not the plunging neckline or split. The jewelry is gorgeous, but a bit too much with the embellished gown. The shoes were a heinous choice.

12. andrea

The lookbook version has a peplum and hers doesnt, which I don’t like. She shoes were a very poor choice.