22.10.12

Luxembourg Royal Wedding Gala Dinner Guests

Here are some more looks from the gala dinner which took place prior to the royal wedding of Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg and Stephanie de Lannoy at the Grand-ducal Palace in Luxembourg on Friday.

Princess Marie-Chantal of Greece: She looked stunning wearing a gorgeous Elie Saab Fall 2012 Couture gold embroidered tulle gown. But as you know I’m not a fan of mixing metals, so the tiara works against this look for me.

Princess Mette-Marit of Norway: Returning to her best, Princess Mette-Marit of Norway looked beautiful wearing a red Emilio Pucci gown with embellished details and a flowing chiffon skirt. Everything from the accessories to the rouge lip colour works for me on this occasion.

Princess Maxima of the Netherlands: I adore this look. Princess Maxima wore Jantaminau silver and maroon strapless gown, which she styled with a tulle bolero and a breathtaking tiara with ruby stones. This was one of my favourite looks from the royal wedding celebrations this weekend.

Princess Martha Louise of Norway: From one of my faves, to my least favourite, Princess Martha Louise of Norway. Her silver paillette gown looks, dare I say, cheap.

Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein: The Princess looked lovely wearing an Elie Saab cherry fully-embroidered gown from the Pre-Fall 2012 collection which she styled with a matching clutch and a silver tiara.

Princess Astrid of Belgium: The Princess was one of the many to wear Elie Saab, wearing a forest green sequined gown from the Fall 2012 collection with a silver tiara and white fur bolero.

For my Royal wedding poll, who was your favourite from this two day event?

Credit: Getty

Princess Caroline of Monaco In Chanel Couture - Royal Wedding

Princess Caroline of Monaco In Chanel Couture – Royal Wedding

Peaches Geldof's Kurt Geiger Lollidrop Mini Chain Bag

Peaches Geldof’s Kurt Geiger Lollidrop Mini Chain Bag

26 Responses to Luxembourg Royal Wedding Gala Dinner Guests

1. Manuel October 22, 2012 at 08:54 #

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway is wearing Emilio Pucci

• Fashion Critic October 22, 2012 at 10:35 #

2. couturecoco October 22, 2012 at 09:19 #

It’s all very well to have a Saab fest but Princess Marie-Chantal’s dress is practically the same as the wedding dress so I would not have allowed the design even though it’s a different colour. To be honest I’ve reached saturation point with this shape of dress from him.
    A wonderful wedding all the same and Princess Stéphanie and her Prince both looked so happy and perfect together!

• dunzoo October 22, 2012 at 15:40 #

+1 I’m getting bored with Elie Saab’s gowns, they look great, but they don’t look exciting any more

3. AnnaLee October 22, 2012 at 10:01 #

I love the gowns of princess Maxima and princess Astrid… Maxiam’s gown is absolutely stunnig and really flattering. Astrid’s dress is also beautiful and she really got out of her comfort zone here.
    FC, maybe you could include Princess Mathilde of Belgium? I just saw that she wore a beautiful blue gown…
    But I think the best dressed of this event is definitely Princess Clotilde or Princess Stéphanie at the evening gala.

4. CreoleLady October 22, 2012 at 10:11 #

My faves are Princesses Margaretha and Mette-Marit followed by Marie-Chantal and the thoroughly enjoyable Maxima. Also loved Princess Caroline’s caramel Chanel and the bride’s green Elie Saab (more than the wedding dress(!)).

5. Lynnette Lai October 22, 2012 at 12:14 #

I love the fact that you cover Royal Weddings! Some of the most chic people in the world hail from European royal families. Some starlets should take a few notes from these Royals. Would’ve loved to see what Kate would’ve wore if she went! :)

6. robbie October 22, 2012 at 12:37 #

they all look beautiful dress wise except for princess martha louise of norway that dress is tacky as hell.

• Christine October 22, 2012 at 13:20 #

Love the Elie Saab dress.

7. Noemi October 22, 2012 at 12:59 #

Am I the only one who thinks that all these looks are so ugly? Maybe I save Margaretha of Liechtenstein.

8. EmmaWoodhouse October 22, 2012 at 13:15 #

Princess Martha Louise is firing her stylist right now lol. All the Saab ladies look lovely, but although I adore Princess Marie-Chantal’s dress, it is very similar to the wedding dress. I also wish that she had not paired the tiara with it–mixing metals. :( I love the pattern on Princess Maxima’s dress, but it is too snug in the bust area.

• Mimmeli October 22, 2012 at 19:49 #

Princess Märtha Louise is known for her taste for clothes that are more funny than beautiful. She sometimes designs her own clothes. I doubt she has a stylist to fire. She is her own stylist. She doesn’t care what other people think of her clothes.

9. abd alrahman October 22, 2012 at 14:27 #

Elie Saab Arabic designer the best for ever

10. Rebecca Z October 22, 2012 at 16:22 #

I think the best dressed of the event was the bride. She looked spectacular at all three events and not just because she was glowing with happiness. Her clothes were impeccable.

11. dee October 22, 2012 at 16:56 #

Love all the Elie Saab gowns and the Pucci gown.

12. Hannah October 22, 2012 at 17:05 #

They all look beautiful. The whole wedding has to be one of the best dressed events of the year, surely. Anyone who was missing super glamour and Elie Saab at the Emmy’s definitey got it here.
    The non Saabs are my favourites, largely because of the deja vu Iget with them, especially Princess Maxima. From what I know about it, I love Jantaminau, and this dress is the most unique one for sure. I agree about Princess Martha Louise, but I woudl also say that that kind of pailette and that color are much more beautiful is real life.

13. maggy October 22, 2012 at 17:19 #

The new Grand-Duchess in both her Elie Saab looks!

• maggy October 22, 2012 at 18:48 #

*hereditary

14. sara October 22, 2012 at 19:56 #

All I’m thinking is – Gosh! I wish I was a princess!!! :) They all look lovely.

15. Nat39 October 22, 2012 at 20:19 #

The Jantaminau gown on Princess Maxima is easily my fave here, would love to see it on someone statuesque.

16. Yeliz October 22, 2012 at 20:46 #

The Emilio Pucci and all the Elie Saab looks are my favourites of the bunch.
    And I can’t believe how tacky Princess Martha Louise’s dress looks.

I would say the bride herself was my favourite from this two day event, but that would be too obvious I guess.
    Since you said both days, Princess Clotilde of Savoy is my favourite, even though I didn’t liked her fascinator.

17. tom October 22, 2012 at 22:38 #

i miss the days when priness gloria von thur und taxis would show up to these thing wearing over the top lacroix couture…everything is so safe now

18. Molly October 23, 2012 at 01:56 #

I love Mette-Marit’s gown but her sad hair kind of ruins it for me.
    Marie-Chantal looks flawless! I can hardly believe that she is 44 years old! I think she was my best dressed aside from Princess Stephanie.
    Im not huge on Maxima’s look but she certainly looks like a princess, doesnt she?

19. TeaAtTwo October 23, 2012 at 02:18 #

Shame there aren’t any Full length pics of Princess Mary of Denmark’s gala dinner gown because I liked the top half of her look. I’m kind of glad for these European royal event just for seeing the pomp and Couture being worn.

20. GGG October 23, 2012 at 03:12 #

I love any and all royal weddings!