22.10.12

Julianne Hough In Jenny Packham – 26th Anniversary Carousel of Hope Ball

Julianne Hough attended the 26th Anniversary Carousel of Hope Ball held at The Beverly Hilton Hotel in California.

Although I am not a fan of her style, on this occasion she looks beautiful wearing a Jenny Packham gown.

The light blue gown with crystal embellishments is one of the few effortless looks she’s presented on the red carpet this year.

I love the retro hairdo and the complementary clutch.

Last time out, the rouge lip colour she opted for clashed with her look; on this occasion it only enhances it.

Credit: Getty

Lara Bingle In Camilla and Marc - Caulfield Cup Day

Lara Bingle In Camilla and Marc – Caulfield Cup Day

Kylie Minogue In Stella McCartney - The Q Awards 2012

Kylie Minogue In Stella McCartney – The Q Awards 2012

13 Responses to Julianne Hough In Jenny Packham – 26th Anniversary Carousel of Hope Ball

1. Christine October 22, 2012 at 14:16 #

I don’t like the dress on her. Like the hair and makeup however.

2. Hermoine October 22, 2012 at 14:29 #

Is it just me or does that dress make her look boxy?

• dunzoo October 22, 2012 at 15:14 #

+1, i think it’s because the gown is too tight on the stomach & hips area

• dee October 22, 2012 at 16:42 #

No it isn’t just you. It isn’t flattering on her in the midsection and hip area.

3. Emmeline October 22, 2012 at 14:35 #

The hair and makeup are gorgeous. And though the dress is beautiful, I’m not crazy about how she looks in it. I think she’s coming across as a little stumpy, which she’s not at all.

4. Jess2 October 22, 2012 at 14:50 #

I think a slightly different neckline would have worked better but other than that I think she looks really lovely.

5. sammy October 22, 2012 at 15:30 #

I’m gonna have to back Harmoine on the way the dress makes her look boxy but the hair and makeup is dope

• tiffany October 22, 2012 at 22:47 #

and maybe a little matronly, too?

6. Hannah October 22, 2012 at 16:31 #

I don’t like this look. I don’t think that she ever looks awful, and that, generally speaking, she dresses quite well, just has a few minor styling issues that ruin the overall look – e.g.I loved her in teh Emmys dress, but he makeup was a tiny bit heavy adnn the hair was wrong, but I stil remember that look and I honestly don’t remember who best dressed was).
    I honestly think that this look is dated, aging nad so, so unflattering.

7. Nat39 October 22, 2012 at 19:13 #

The dress is divine, loving the back, but she does look quite thick and stumpy in it, and I don’t think her retro ‘do is executed well.

8. Amy October 22, 2012 at 19:42 #

I think she looks great. Love the fact that she’s not as overly tanned as she usually is.

9. Yeliz October 22, 2012 at 21:12 #

I would actually love this. As you said FC, this is one of her few effortless looks, but I think the gown makes her look wider than she normally is. Her hair and make-up, however, is flawless.

10. EmmaWoodhouse October 22, 2012 at 23:39 #

Much improved. The dress itself is very gorgeous, and her styling is good. However, the dress doesn’t quite flatter her–it makes her look, as others have said, a bit wide and boxy. It is much better than her normal fare, though.