Anna Wintour In Christian Dior – WSJ Magazine’s ‘Innovator of the Year’ Awards

It was a busy Thursday night for Anna Wintour as she attended both the WSJ Magazine’s ‘Innovator of the Year’ Awards and Bergdorf Goodman’s 111th Anniversary celebrations in New York City.

The editor-in-chief of American Vogue becomes the second person, after Marion Cotillard, to wear a look from the Christian Dior Spring 2013 collection.

As someone who wasn’t too enamoured by this collection, on the one hand I’m grateful to see her wearing one of the few pieces I actually liked, but on the other hand that leaves one less of my few favourites to hit the red carpet.

Anna’s dress with a black top and iridescent nude, gold and yellow floral-print skirt was of course styled with those nude Manolo Blahnik kitten heels.

That’s three looks this week and one pair of shoes.

Anna needs a shoe intervention….soonish.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Girls Aloud Tour Announcement

Girls Aloud Tour Announcement

Mandy Moore Talks To Us About Her Red Carpet Style vs. EveryDay Style & More At Rachel Zoe’s ‘Major Must Haves’ Range Launch

22 Responses to Anna Wintour In Christian Dior – WSJ Magazine’s ‘Innovator of the Year’ Awards

1. lola October 19, 2012 at 14:13 #

I will break into her aspartment and steel those manolos…cut them to pieces and replace them with a pair of crocs…i will steel and shred her horrible wig too…

• Hannah October 19, 2012 at 14:29 #

As if Anna only has one pair…..

• lola October 19, 2012 at 14:44 #

oki…i’ll shred them all

2. Christine October 19, 2012 at 14:15 #

She needs to burn then shoes. The dress is nice but I am distracted by them shoes.

3. Hannah October 19, 2012 at 14:28 #

I really don’t like the dress, and the hem looks badly done on Anna.
    I don’t hae as much of an issue with the shoes, firstly because they are anonymous, if they were black umps or ankle boots I would hate them. Also, no one seems to notice that there are ectually 2 pairs of manolos she wears: this pair, which are slightly more pink and look irridiscent, with smaller criss cross traps oer the toes and wier ones over the foots, and her other pair which are more beige and have just one set of criss cross straps over the toes. What is more, every 6 or 7 months or so she does wear a pair of boots!

• Ramsay October 19, 2012 at 15:52 #

I actually agree on all this – and when she does wear boots they look great on her – I don’t understand all the fuss about her shoes: she likes these shoes, she considers them as part of her trademark look like the hair, the layered necklaces, the sunglasses and all of these suit her well – and if she likes them she does not need to change them – and these shoes go with practically everything

• Kathy October 21, 2012 at 22:33 #

I was just about to say that they didn’t look like the SAME exact pair of shoes.

4. Barbs October 19, 2012 at 14:34 #

The shoes must be really, really confortable and she must have like 10 pairs in a row in her shoe closet ;)lol

5. Alina October 19, 2012 at 14:56 #

She looks great!

6. EmmaWoodhouse October 19, 2012 at 14:59 #

I’m sorry, but if this woman thinks that she is an authority on fashion, then she needs to WEAR ANOTHER PAIR OF SHOES! SERIOUSLY! Anyway, I wish that someone else had worn the dress. It had potential on the runway, but the skirt looks cheap on her and I don’t like how she has her hands in the pockets. I wish that Diane Kruger had worn this instead.

• Leeann October 19, 2012 at 15:28 #

I hope Diane wears the version in a different colour

7. Leeann October 19, 2012 at 14:59 #

Anna probably has seen the price of clothes and is economising on shoes.. I like this look on her. I wish she had worn the scarf but it may not have worked as she is tiny- interesting to see that it appears that the hem has been taped shorter as it is probably a sample. But I like.

Ps from what I have heard the pieces that have not made the runway are stunning.

• Nat39 October 19, 2012 at 18:15 #

Hem aside, I really like this look on Anna too.

8. Ade October 19, 2012 at 15:09 #

She needs a style intervention, not soonish, but yesterday.

9. Yeliz October 19, 2012 at 16:35 #

I don’t like the skirt on her and I have no words for those shoes.

10. Dirk October 19, 2012 at 18:20 #

(mini-rant)

I really dislike the direction Dior is going in. Flat-out boring. Calvin Klein’s “blah” minimalism in enough, but this is totally a step down for Dior.

I can’t imagine spending thousands of dollars from something in their recent collection that you can easily find cheaper somewhere else or have to accessorize the crap out of because of the simplicity. Charlize Theron is one of the many faces of Dior and i can’t see her wearing any of these pieces.

Galliano had to go? Fine. But don’t let him take all the drama and excitement with him.

11. Melrose October 19, 2012 at 19:11 #

those shoes must smell like NYC sewers & sauerkraut

12. TeaAtTwo October 19, 2012 at 23:28 #

I wish Marion had worn this outfit at the London film festival.

13. TeaAtTwo October 20, 2012 at 00:17 #

I’m glad someone in the fashion industry isn’t acting as if this collection was the second coming or something but recognising for the most part it wasn’t that good.

14. pipsqueak October 20, 2012 at 05:02 #

The shoes are a letdown. In fact, all her shoes are grandma type except the occasional boots. I don’t pay attention to her shoes. But I love the dress. I’m a big fan of Raf Simons. I’m not sure he’s the right choice for the Dior brand – his clothes are so subdue and contemporary. But I love them. This dress made me think of Audrey Hepburn’s skirt in Roman Holiday.

15. Marta October 20, 2012 at 06:27 #

Perhaps she took some tips from Duchess of Cambridge ;) Welcome in real world:-)

• Fashion Critic October 20, 2012 at 09:41 #

She’s been wearing them long before the Duchess was around