18.10.12

Alexa Chung In Topshop – ‘La Maison Cointreau’ Launch

Alexa Chung sipped cocktails and enjoyed Dita Von Teese’s performance in New York City on Monday night at the ‘La Maison Cointreau’ launch.

The British TV star kept her look quite mute wearing a black shirt with grey Topshop dungarees.

Dungarees don’t always conjure up the most fashion-forward images, but this look is simple and chic.

Her beloved Charlotte Olympia ‘Kitty’ pumps and a bold red lip colour completed her look.

If only she would sort out her hair.

Credit: Getty

Eddie Redmayne In Alexander McQueen - Wimbledon Championships

Eddie Redmayne In Alexander McQueen – Wimbledon Championships

Jaime King In Christian Dior - Rachel Zoe’s ‘Major Must Haves’ Range Launch

Jaime King In Christian Dior – Rachel Zoe’s ‘Major Must Haves’ Range Launch

12 Responses to Alexa Chung In Topshop – ‘La Maison Cointreau’ Launch

1. Rebecca Z October 18, 2012 at 15:36 #

I have to say that lately she is looking a little more put together–makes me realize that she is quite a pretty woman and has a great figure for certain kinds of clothes. She looks cute here and in the Chanel dress from a few days ago.

• Anita October 19, 2012 at 17:50 #

Agree – I never realised what great skin she had and how gorgeous she is. She’s come a long way since her T4 days.

But alas after a day off, I see she’s returned to her “not combed/washed/bedhair” style.

2. Glenda October 18, 2012 at 16:00 #

This is quite a chic look indeed! I agree that her fashion choices have been on point lately. Not that I didn’t love her cutesy girly style of before, but this more mature approach really does do wonders for her.

Now, if only she’d get over her phobia of combs…

• DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 18, 2012 at 16:36 #

+1 the outfit is perfect, the hair as usual, a mess.

• Lex October 19, 2012 at 00:09 #

I don’t think you all understand, with your never ending comments about cobs and brushes. Brits don’t think it looks cool to look too coiffed. That blow dried or ironed American look is considered try-hard. One should aim to look like one spent no time at all getting ready.
      Personally I feel that messy hair makes all this fashion get-up attractive rather than pose-y.

3. Christine October 18, 2012 at 16:29 #

I don’t like this look.

4. dee October 18, 2012 at 17:51 #

Another outfit I actually like. So glad to see some pants on her.

5. Nat39 October 18, 2012 at 17:52 #

Happy to finally see her wearing pants, a step in the right direction.

6. carolina October 18, 2012 at 17:56 #

I still don’t appreciate her style. Aside from the hair, I still think she’s in ‘cutesy’ mode and I wish she (and fashion) would leave playsuits, peter pan collars – and this look, which is just a jumped-up overall – behind. It’s suitable if you’re 6.

7. Yeliz October 18, 2012 at 21:34 #

I like it sans the hair.

8. Jess2 October 19, 2012 at 05:33 #

I really don’t like the kitty shoes that everyone is loving but that is just my personal preference so I wouldn’t say it really brings down the look. Love the jumpsuit, she has been wearing some great clothes recently :) One or two more strokes of the brush and I would be happy, so not great but not terrible.

9. EmmaWoodhouse October 19, 2012 at 14:40 #

Dislike everything about this. Just WHY is she a style icon again?