17.10.12

Victoria Beckham For Elle France

Back in July Victoria Beckham was spotted out shopping in Paris at Colette, Balenciaga, Miu Miu, Alaia and Church, but her main reason for being in the city of lights was for a photo shoot with Karl Lagerfeld.

Earlier today an excited VB published a few photos from her shoot, which was for Elle France, via her Twitter account.

The black-and-white shoot sees Victoria wearing just black or black and white whilst standing on the famous mirrored staircase at 31 Rue Cambon.

I have to say I am relieved.

When Victoria tweeted photos of the wardrobe for this photo shoot, I wasn’t too enamoured by the tweed on display.

VB doesn’t strike me as a Chanel girl, so I’m glad the end results (so far) feature no tweed or boucle pieces.

The designer does wear Chanel jewels, black shoes and her signature pout in the editorial.

Credit: Victoria Beckham Twitter

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham - Out In New York City

Victoria Beckham In Victoria Beckham – Out In New York City

Victoria Beckham In Balenciaga - JFK Airport

Victoria Beckham In Balenciaga – JFK Airport

23 Responses to Victoria Beckham For Elle France

1. Nat39 October 17, 2012 at 18:05 #

Can’t help but think there has to be a reflection of them somewhere in the mirrors.

• Lee October 18, 2012 at 00:59 #

They’re fashion vampires.

2. Yeliz October 17, 2012 at 18:59 #

This photo isn’t exciting at all.

• SilentVisitor October 19, 2012 at 03:07 #

3. Rebecca Z October 17, 2012 at 19:06 #

Boooring.

4. Hannah October 17, 2012 at 19:34 #

None of the recent “Chanel Girls” strike me as “Chanel Girls” (ahem blake Lively, Lily Allen and Alice Dellal) either, so I have no issue with VB.

5. dee October 17, 2012 at 20:03 #

Next.

6. Bettyh Brandenberg October 17, 2012 at 20:14 #

It must pain King Karl … To have to pose with what he would privately probably call this “fashion upstart” .

• Anna October 17, 2012 at 23:27 #

Quote by King Karl:

“I’m a great admirer of hers. She’s a great example to tonnes of women; to have her four children, an incredible look and she’s clever. I know her from her days as a Spice Girl. Her designs are not bad at all, they’re good. She’s totally unpretentious. She brought one of her sons with her [on the shoot] and he was the sweetest boy, because often children of celebrities aren’t pleasant. This boy was perfection.”

• Lola October 18, 2012 at 07:19 #

And you really think that he really thinks that LOL

• styler October 18, 2012 at 11:49 #

i think he does, why would he go into such detail if he didnt.

• Amy October 18, 2012 at 19:34 #

Karl is usually really nice to celebs whatever he appreciates them or not.however you won’t hear him talk about them that much unless he has something nice or nasty to say,I guess he likes VB. Otherwise I’m not sure he would have done such a long interview, or let Elle shoot her in Coco’s flat with him on the pics.

• Chaufforest October 19, 2012 at 14:02 #

Yes why would he?

• Beta October 18, 2012 at 10:35 #

I do believe that they are buddies. Karl makes unexpected friends (case point: Alice Dellal or Lilly Allen) so why not. And from another interview it seemed like they bonded on their (not) eating:

“She had a career as a singer. She has a beautiful husband and stunning children and now she makes a career in fashion.
        “She is great. I like her a lot. I have known her for many years”
        “And that body, after four children. There are not so many who have a body like that. She is very disciplined.”
        “We have the same eating habits. We did a full fashion shoot with her styled as Coco Chanel in less than three hours.”

or maybe he has a crush on becks :)

7. Lee Ann October 18, 2012 at 09:35 #

CoCo must be rolling in her grave.

8. rita October 18, 2012 at 10:26 #

2 of the most OVERATED designers add up Stella Mcarthney and there you have it ! An is=nsult to Coco Chanel IMO

9. mimi cracra October 18, 2012 at 10:38 #

What amazes me is that people can never celebrate someone’s success.
    VB has done an amazing job since she started being in the public eye. She manages to make us forget that she is a Spice Girl and a footballer’s wife. How many has success a reconversion? Not so many. She is a hard-working and an intelligent woman and excuse me but for a British woman she has amazing class! She achieved a hell of a lot but no credit is ever given to the woman.
    I guess people are more attracted to the tacky and vulgar one as Rihanna who doesn’t have a clue about fashion and prostitute herself anytime she can be publicity.
    I applaude VB for being an independent woman, a focused and dedicated fashion designer and what appears to be a great mum.
    Good for you VB!!

• vicky October 18, 2012 at 12:34 #

• Beta October 18, 2012 at 14:51 #

agree with everything you said.

• SilentVisitor October 19, 2012 at 03:06 #

I guess you are celebrating VB’s success by trashing Rihanna. Hence, you just did what you wanted to condemn…wow I am so impressed…..

• Chaufforest October 19, 2012 at 14:11 #

lol.

10. Christine October 18, 2012 at 17:04 #

Ok photoshoot.

11. EmmaWoodhouse October 19, 2012 at 13:54 #

Hate the outfits. The mirrors are cool.