16.10.12

Lea Michele In Zimmermann – Elle’s 19th Annual Women In Hollywood Celebration

Many of you said Lea Michele’s last red-carpet look gave you a touch of déjà vu, but you won’t be able to say that about her look at Elle Women in Hollywood Celebration, which was held at the Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills, California, last night.

She opted for a sultry Zimmerman look.

Lea’s black-lace body suit worn under a sheer striped dress is sexy done in a good way, but I’m sure many will not agree.

Had she done ‘the JLo pout’ I would’ve been instantly turned off, but she managed to contain her inner diva on this occasion.

Wavy ombre tresses, black strappy B Brian Atwood ‘Lorrina’ sandals, J/Hadley and Graziela rings with nude lips completed her look.

Love or loathe?

Credit: Getty

Vanessa Hudgens In Monique Lhuillier - ‘Gimme Shelter’ New York Premiere

Vanessa Hudgens In Monique Lhuillier – ‘Gimme Shelter’ New York Premiere

Whitney Port In ASOS - Elle's 19th Annual Women In Hollywood Celebration

Whitney Port In ASOS – Elle’s 19th Annual Women In Hollywood Celebration

50 Responses to Lea Michele In Zimmermann – Elle’s 19th Annual Women In Hollywood Celebration

1. Anna October 16, 2012 at 11:37 #

I ahve one word for this look: tacky

• DorianGray October 16, 2012 at 13:00 #

She’s not tacky, she’s sexy. And she’s having fun with fashion: amen.

• Christine October 16, 2012 at 15:07 #

She’s the only one at this event wearing a risque look.

She stands out but in a bad bad way. Lea honey, there is a time and a place.

• dee October 18, 2012 at 17:57 #

2. Annie October 16, 2012 at 11:42 #

I think she looks quite lovely! Her makeup is beautiful! Many models wear dresses much more revealing and no one bats an eye! Lea looks wonderful!

3. Anne g October 16, 2012 at 11:43 #

The Worst dress ever. Tackiest dress ever.
    the Make up, the hair, the fake tan is an absolute and complete disaster.
    Why Lea, Why?
    I THINK Cannes 13′ gonna be funny

• Anna October 16, 2012 at 12:07 #

I can see the trainwreck approaching and I will not be able to look away, lol. Poor L’Oreal

• Katie October 16, 2012 at 12:38 #

I think she looks beautiful and sexy. Love the hair, make up and most importantly that lovely smile on her face. She took a risk and as far as I’m concerned, it paid off.

• Hannah October 16, 2012 at 14:00 #

If by funny you mean painful, then I definitely agree!

4. Andrea October 16, 2012 at 11:48 #

Sorry FC, but nothing about this is working for me.

• Rash October 16, 2012 at 12:53 #

5. Hannah October 16, 2012 at 12:13 #

I really dislike the whole look. The dress is bad and tacky enough on it’s own, but then there is the hair and makeup. L’Oreal should be ashamed, very ashamed. The hair is ust bad, but the makeup is tragic. I’m sure that she’s very pretty without the layer(s) of foundation, the nuder than nude lip, tons of bronzer, worrying use of an under eye concealer and/or highlighter pen, ton of eyeshadow and I’m sure many false lashes, but clearly we never will know.
    Her shoes, this car crash outfit’s only saving grace, are Lorrina by B Brian Atwood. http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446447259

• Fashion Critic October 16, 2012 at 20:31 #

6. M. October 16, 2012 at 12:27 #

Nothing to love here, especially the lipstick colour. It doesn’t suit her skin tone at all

• honeythief October 16, 2012 at 13:02 #

the lipstick is the worst thing about this imo.

• Sara October 16, 2012 at 16:10 #

+1 completely hate the lipstick colour, esp with her over the top tan

7. Emma October 16, 2012 at 12:29 #

I like this look for Lea. Shame the bangs are back though.

8. bm October 16, 2012 at 12:31 #

I love that she put her smile on, not pouting like she used to be. But, her make-up is not perfect for this sexy look.

9. T from Sydney October 16, 2012 at 12:37 #

ugh i like the idea of this type of dress but Lea just isn’t selling it to me. I don’t like the styling from the shoes to the lipstick colour

I also don’t think it was event appropriate. You wear this dress to the Victoria Secret after party not to an event celebrating your peers achievements.

I tired to like Lea but i just cant.

10. Yeliz October 16, 2012 at 12:45 #

Loathe from head to toe.

• sara October 16, 2012 at 23:04 #

Agreed! I don’t like anything about her here. Her hair looks awful, skin overly tanned with bad makeup (the lipstick???). We get it Lea, you have a nice body and have sex appeal – it doesn’t mean EVERY dress you wear has to blatantly showcase that. The dress on its own is tacky, and on Lea looks even worse with that bodysuit. It would be okay if this was worn to the VMA’s or Grammy’s or MTV awards or something but it looks and feels inappropriate for the event. Like someone else commented – no other woman was even close to this tackiness on the carpet. Maybe its just an overall dislike for her but she needs to grow out of this phase asap because its getting old.

11. dunzoo October 16, 2012 at 12:47 #

i quite like the dress, but it doesn’t work on Lea at all ; she just can’t do the sexy look, she’s too cutesy

12. Andrea October 16, 2012 at 13:00 #

I think the dress is gorgeous on her! Great shoes also. But Im not a fan of her bangs here and I find the make up too heavy.

13. robbie October 16, 2012 at 13:21 #

the shoes are perfect, everything else is just terrible.

14. misspw October 16, 2012 at 13:29 #

Way too much makeup these days, the dress is horrendous.

15. Pene October 16, 2012 at 13:41 #

you were right many of us will not agree

• Fashion Critic October 16, 2012 at 13:58 #

lol :D

16. TeaAtTwo October 16, 2012 at 13:47 #

I actually don’t dislike this look (not totally sure about the make-up) but it feels really inappropriate for the event. Best saved for Nylon magazine party, a nightclub opening type of event etc

17. dee October 16, 2012 at 13:50 #

Don’t like the hair. I think this is a too much skin showing.

18. Natalie October 16, 2012 at 13:58 #

Loathe. I think this is tacky.

19. Jess2 October 16, 2012 at 13:58 #

I don’t love or loathe this look. I like the dress and shoes but still not liking the bangs.

20. M October 16, 2012 at 14:12 #

LOVE!……… period!

21. Juliana October 16, 2012 at 14:12 #

I really don’t like her bangs! Never have… But despite that i think she looks really good!

22. shap_half October 16, 2012 at 14:16 #

I think she looks good. I’m not such a fan of that eye make-up, but overall I think the entire thing works.

23. Colleen October 16, 2012 at 14:27 #

Her make-up is awful. A brighter lip would have been better than nude and what is with the raccoon eyes?

As for the “dress”? Eh – it’s not awful, but I don’t think she is pulling it off – might be better suited for someone more statuesque. I do like her shoes, though – they seem to actually fit for a change.

• manja October 16, 2012 at 14:43 #

+1 on the make up,too much of it and too orange as well.don’t minde the dress,but needs someone more statuesque as Colleen said,and diff hair styl needed

24. Grace Patricia October 16, 2012 at 14:39 #

Awful. Too much makeup with an horrendous lipstick, messy and greasy hair, tacky dress, too much going on.

25. Meh October 16, 2012 at 15:18 #

I think it’s the makeup ruining it tbh. And her hair. Not that I think the dress is the best for the event, but it’s a cool look taken by itself. The nude lips, pounds of foundation and overly smoky eyes kill this though imo.

Btw, who is her stylist? Whoever it is seems to get it more wrong that right lately.

26. argentina October 16, 2012 at 15:38 #

The dress is more like a Halloween custome for me

27. Chloe October 16, 2012 at 16:13 #

Her lips are way too pale. Other than that, I think she looks great

28. Amy October 16, 2012 at 16:51 #

I don’t necessarily “loathe” this ensemble, but I do think it was not appropriate for the event. A premiere? Yes. MTV movie awards? Yes. Celebration of Women in Hollywood with top names? No. That being said, she does look great in it.

29. Eirwen October 16, 2012 at 17:00 #

What I notice the most is that her makeup is ALWAYS very very badly executed. This time her foundation is heavy as always but it matches the colour of her neck, but what can I say about her concealer? Not to mention the lipstick…

30. gabis October 16, 2012 at 17:30 #

I can cope with the dress and the hair but the strappy sandals and makeup are just beyond hideous. Unlike many commenters, I do love her pale lipstick, it’s that excessive brightness under her eyes that really bothers me. It’s like reversed raccoon eyes. Awful and very very amateurish for any makeup artist. And she should slow down on the fake tan.

31. Amy October 16, 2012 at 18:06 #

Not a big fan of the look but it’s not that bad. She has a nice body.However it wasn’t the right event to wear this dress. She looks out of place (in a bad way) especially when you see what everybody else is wearing. it’s like a burlesque dancer at a tea party

32. Natalie October 16, 2012 at 19:01 #

I like the ‘dress’ just not on Lea and not for this event. And that nude lip is awful.

• towanda October 18, 2012 at 22:17 #

+1 event-inappropriate

33. Isa October 17, 2012 at 02:07 #

Make-up is awful. She needs to stop the tanning… Because, everything else is ok and going on her favor.

34. Emma October 17, 2012 at 04:31 #

She is young, and I like that she is experimenting with style. I like it when she wears more body conscious clothing- she is in great shape, and it’s fine for her to flaunt it! One thing I appreciate about Lea’s style is that it never stays the same; some events she is more girly and conservative, other times it is more playful, other times more sexy.
    If it were anyone else wearing this, I don’t think the look would have been as targeted. I’ve seen worse things under see-through dresses, in which cases the actresses in question were barely covered. It’s not my favorite look of hers, but I’m happy she’s taking risks, keeping herself out there as a fashion icon and I think she pulled it off well, and I love the shoes she went with and how everything else (jewelry, etc) was very toned down in comparison to the outfit.
    On this occasion, I like her hair and her makeup. I think people sometimes forget that celebrities need to wear lots of product because the pictures will eventually appear in HD on websites and every flaw is noticed (even though the lip color is a tad to dark for me).

35. christine October 17, 2012 at 21:56 #

Amazing dress! Chic and cool.

36. EmmaWoodhouse October 18, 2012 at 20:43 #

I totally agree with everyone who thinks that this is trashy, event-inappropriate, and horribly styled.