16.10.12

Elle’s Women In Hollywood Celebration Red Carpet Round Up

There were so many more celebs who attended Elle’s Women In Hollywood Celebration in LA last night. Here is a quick look at what they wore.

Uma Thurman: The actress wore a head-to-toe Calvin Klein Spring 2013 all-black look with slicked-back hair and David Yurman jewels.

Kiernan Shipka: The adorable teen actress wore a Moschino ivory-and-black dress with a pleated striped skirt, black collar and peplum detail. An Olympia Le-Tan book clutch and black Jimmy Choo ‘Mara’ kitten heels accessorized her look.

Jayma Mays: The ‘Glee’ actress brightened up the red carpet wearing an electric-blue Alexandra Vidal peplum dress with tri-colour Brian Atwood sandals with matching Rebecca Minkoff lizard embossed ‘Fling’ minaudiere and David Yurman jewels.

Naya Rivera: The ‘Glee’ actress is one of those hit-and-miss stars, but she scored a hit wearing this lovely pale yellow Moschino dress. The sleeveless fitted dress with a tulip-shaped skirt was styled with burgundy Tory Burch peep-toes and a matching Jimmy Choo clutch. Tumbling curls, diamond earrings and a pink lip shade finished Naya’s look.

Krysten Ritter: The actress smouldered in a Romona Kevaza midnight-blue bustier dress which she styled with Jean-Michel Cazabat ‘Emma’ pumps with gold sequins and a black heel. She matched her Kotur clutch to her dress, opting for David Yurman jewels and a hot pink lip colour.

Julianne Hough: With hair styled into halo braids, the actress wore a lemon Calvin Klein dress with a sheer yoke revealing a built-in bralet. Beige pumps and a gold clutch completed her look. This is possibly the worst look of the night for me. I always feel like she’s trying to make something happen, but it just never works.

Viola Davis: I love Viola’s Raoul ivory wool sleeveless dress which she styled with bright blue Jimmy Choo ankle-strap pumps. A dazzling Swarovski metal ‘Silver Shadow’ clutch to match her earrings completed her look.

Erika Christensen: The actress wore a Marc Jacobs textured red-and-black dress from the Fall 2012 collection. Simple black peep-toes styled her festive dress.

Jennie Garth: The ‘90201’ actress wore a lace nude Tadashi Shoji Spring 2012 dress with a lavender ribbon tied to the waist.

Busy Philipps: The ‘Cougar Town’ actress wore a familiar print from the Dolce & Gabbana Pre-Fall 2012 collection. The floral-print dress was styled with striking yellow pumps and a simple clutch. Orange lippie and aqua Irene Neuwirth drop earrings completed her colour-coordinated look.

Christa B. Allen: She donned a nude Dior Pre-Fall dress styled with Brian Atwood heels, a Judith Leiber bag and Stephen Webster jewels.

Eva Amurri: The actress faded into the background wearing a simple black Tory Burch dress.

Leslie Mann: The actress wore nude Jimmy Choo ‘Anouk pumps with her bright orange Calvin Klein dress.

Octavia Spencer: No prizes for guessing that the Oscar winner was wearing a Tadashi Shoji dress. I mean, why break up a winning formula? Her green Chantilly lace dress with a cowl back and blouson top was styled with a black clutch, matching pumps and Melinda Maria jewels.

Rashida Jones: The actress’ accessories really make this look, as she added a stunning Dannijo statement necklace to her simple teal-blue Calvin Klein sheath dress along with a stack full of bracelets, a gold Calvin Klein clutch and champagne-coloured strappy sandals. A side-swept fishtail braid completed her look.

Bella Heathcote: The Australian actress wore a simple black dress with Jimmy Choo accessories which included ‘Tempest’ sandal and ‘Calista’ clutch plus Dana Rebecca Designs earrings.

So who was your favourite from this event overall?

Credit: Getty

Carmen Ejogo In Etro - 'Alex Cross' LA Premiere

Carmen Ejogo In Etro – ‘Alex Cross’ LA Premiere

Victoria Beckham In Prada - Out In London

Victoria Beckham In Prada – Out In London

19 Responses to Elle’s Women In Hollywood Celebration Red Carpet Round Up

1. Nat39 October 16, 2012 at 20:33 #

Naya Rivera is easily my fave here.

2. Hannah October 16, 2012 at 20:46 #

To me the whole event was, like CK, pretty blah, I think I’ll remember maybe 3 looks by tomorrow. My favourite is Leslie Mann, even with the straggly hair. I also like Eva Amurri – I get why she went for an LBD with her bright lips and interesting earrings and shoes, I just don’t like the LBD itself. Maybe a sleeker one would have worked better, but I imagine that she looked amazing in real lie.
    Also, poor Julianne is definitely not the worst, at least she ollowed the dress code. Jennie Garth on the other hand, judging by this look, has no idea how to dress for her body or how to dress for events.

3. Ella October 16, 2012 at 20:49 #

Jayma loves fantastic…..peplum and electric blue!!!!

4. Yeliz October 16, 2012 at 20:54 #

I love Viola Davis, Bella Heathcote, Naya Rivera and Kiernan Shipka. I agree about Julianne Hough, she was the worst dressed.

My favourite from this event is Emma Stone.

5. Kiran October 16, 2012 at 21:08 #

And the ‘should have stayed home this year’ award goes to…Julianne Hough. I still love the Octavia & Tadashi Shoji collaboration. They always give us something beautiful and still after all this time, it never feels stale or boring like some of the other designer-actress unions (think Marion & Dior).

6. Glenda October 16, 2012 at 22:37 #

I really love Busy Phillips’ look (and acting chops in Cougar Town, but hey, that’s a whole different story). She’s a true ray of sunshine in this look! The yellow pumps are such a nice touch.

7. Amy October 16, 2012 at 23:33 #

Kiernan Shipka was the bet by far. Age/event appropriate & stylish. A very impressive young lady!

8. Daisy October 17, 2012 at 00:32 #

My fav from the event was def Emma Stone

My favs from this block were Naya, Bella, Krysten, and Leslie! (Perfection!)

The obvious flops were Jennie Garth (my GOD!!!!), Rashida Jones (she could have been going to Starbucks in that), Christa B (so unflattering), Julianne (obvious), and Erika (how did Marc let her wear that!?). They all need new stylists frankly!

9. Rebecca Z October 17, 2012 at 01:59 #

My favorite for the event is Kristin Wiig.

10. Kim October 17, 2012 at 02:06 #

Leslie’s the best here – she got the chic and simple memo.

11. Marybeth October 17, 2012 at 02:57 #

I like Naya Rivera best. Simple and chic, without being a bore.
    And I agree with Kiran (above) that the Octavia Spencer/Tadashi Shoji collaboration continues to be wonderful.
    I usually dislike Busy Philips (fashionwise, I mean) because her looks are always too ….well, too BUSY.
    But I think she looks rather nice here.
    Of the ladies in black, I really like Bella Heathcote. Uma and Eva? No.

12. Camellia October 17, 2012 at 04:01 #

Jennie Garth make me look twice but not in a good way. I didn’t recognise her at all, she looks decades older than she really is in that photo. My first thought was ‘Nope that’s not Helen Mirren, wonder who it is?’

Naya Rivera looks lovely and I agree that Julianne Hough’s look is the worst of the night.

13. Jess2 October 17, 2012 at 05:28 #

Naya was my favourite and I also liked Leslie and Keirnan

14. Beta October 17, 2012 at 07:08 #

My faves are Octavia Spencer, the dress is amazing, no wonder she continues to go back to T. Shoji,
    Kiernan Shipka (LOVE that dress, she’s uber cute!) and Jayma Mays

15. Christine October 17, 2012 at 13:42 #

I love Erika, Viola and Kiernan looks the most!

16. the(un?)social butterfly October 17, 2012 at 18:02 #

Octavia Spencer always looks so beautifully composed… and even though she sticks to Tadashi Shoji, I do find she is never boring or excessively predictable, in terms of the shapes or colors she chooses. To me she is the only one standing out here.

17. Colleen October 18, 2012 at 15:20 #

Kiernan Shipka is always age appropriate – young stars should take lessons from her.

I LOVE Jayma Mays shoes. I think she may be best dressed for me because of them!

I adore Octavia Spencer. She always looks beautiful.

Forget Julianne Hough – Jennie Garth is the worst dressed for me. With the 30lbs of “dead weight” she recently lost, she looks terrible – and much older than she is.

18. Amy October 18, 2012 at 19:42 #

Kiernan is a doll! I love her, always stylish and age-appropriate which can be hard when you’re that young

19. EmmaWoodhouse October 19, 2012 at 13:09 #

Uma: one of my least favorites here. This messy dress (complete with infamous sheer skirt) destroys her proportions.
    Kiernan: perfectly cute, stylish, and appropriate as always. One of the best; I only wish that she had pulled her hair back in a ponytail.
    Jayma: another standout. Those bright colors pop out of the picture.
    Naya: Simply elegant.
    Krysten: too lingerie-like although I like the color.
    Julianne: head to toe horrendous. My least favorite here.
    Viola: love the crisp colors but not the odd dress.
    Erika: cute and fall-like.
    Jennie: the dress is too big and is wearing her.
    Busy: her dress is a little like her name, ;) but it’s a pretty good look.
    Christa: manages admirably to be not washed out.
    Eve: boring, but nice shoes.
    Leslie: love the tangerine color on her.
    Octavia: looks great! Much better from her last outing.
    Rashida: finally a dress I like from her, although i still hate the bangs…
    Bella: too simple. She can do better.
    LOL I get so carried away on these posts :)