15.10.12

Nieves Alvarez featured seven new looks on her Solo Moda show this weekend.

On Saturday she wore a Carolina Herrera textural jacquard, patterned with a bold, kinetic swirl print from the Fall 2012 collection which she styled with Jimmy Choo leopard-print sandals.

Up next was a Karl Lagerfeld Pre-Fall 2012 printed shirt dress with nude Christian Louboutin pumps.

Her third look was a Juano Oliva Fall 2012 blouse and skirt with Jimmy Choo sandals, which is easily her worst look to date.

She pulled things back by the end of the show wearing an Oscar de la Renta Fall 2012 purple sparkling dress with Maison des Talons sandals.

On Sunday she started things off wearing a Sportmax Fall 2012 dress with sexy Gianvito Rossi sandals. Once again I’m not crazy about this dress. It feels like there is too much going on with the panels, the draped skirt and the slit.

For a more laidback look she wore a Rachel Roy Fall 2012 red look with a chic tweed jacket. The hot-pink Louboutin pumps throw the look off balance.

She ended the week wearing a Christian Dior Fall 2012 LBD which she spruced up with a red crystal-embellished Karl Lagerfeld collar. Jimmy Choo sandals completed her look.

The Dior look was the one I liked this week. There wasn’t much wow factor this week.

Best Dressed Of The Week - Kate Hudson In Prabal Gurung

Best Dressed Of The Week – Kate Hudson In Prabal Gurung

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior - 'Rust And Bone' London Film Festival Premiere

Marion Cotillard In Christian Dior – ‘Rust And Bone’ London Film Festival Premiere

12 Responses to Nieves Alvarez In Carolina Herrera, Karl Lagerfeld, Juanjo Oliva, Oscar de la Renta, Sportmax, Rachel Roy & Christian Dior – Solo Moda

1. Yeliz October 15, 2012 at 09:07 #

I agree, the Dior look is my favourite too, but I’m not wowed by any of her looks this week.

2. Jeremy October 15, 2012 at 09:56 #

I love the Oscar de la Renta and the Karl Lagerfeld, i founf her so chic on this one. And the Rachel Roy is kind of normal, but so chic, she doesn’t need to be in amazing dresses to look great, don’t you think so?

E.

3. CreoleLady October 15, 2012 at 10:00 #

I’m most intrigued by the first look. Atypical, not what I would expect from Carolina Herrera.

I love that Nieves is wearing Fall 2012 looks in, um, Fall 2012. Thus, it is not surprising to me that the overall color palette of her looks this week is more subdued. Yet the variety in silhouette, fabrics, textures and shoes remains as high as always.

4. Jason October 15, 2012 at 12:20 #

I’m sorry, but I just don’t get the fascination with this person. She is never anything special, and the way she poses?…ugh.

• Jeremy October 15, 2012 at 14:51 #

Are you blind or something? She’s a super model, nobody can tell her how to pose, because she does it perfectly

5. dee October 15, 2012 at 13:49 #

Glad to see a smile from her. I like the second look the most.

• Nat39 October 15, 2012 at 19:10 #

Her 2nd Karl Lagerfeld works so well for her, I like it too.

6. robbie October 15, 2012 at 15:05 #

OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD! a smile at last. dont like any of these looks though.

7. Eirwen October 15, 2012 at 16:37 #

Seems like her stylist gone blind or on vacations. What the hell the pink pumps on the Rachel Roy look?

8. Magdalena. October 16, 2012 at 02:01 #

I kinda like the Juanjo Oliva look, tbh.

9. Moxie October 16, 2012 at 16:20 #

I like the Oscar de la Renta. I would like the Dior look, if she hadn’t added a collar. Or was the collar part of the dress? Either way, I don’t like it. The Rachel Roy is cute from the ankles up. The others are forgettable.

10. EmmaWoodhouse October 18, 2012 at 12:57 #

I like the Carolina Herrera, the Oscar de la Renta, and the Dior. I don’t hate the style of the Juano, just the fabric. The style looks like Valentino.