12.10.12

Sarah Jessica Parker In Vintage Chanel – amfAR’s Inspiration Gala

Sarah Jessica Parker joined Kate Hudson on the red carpet last night for amfAR’s Inspiration Gala at Milk Studios California.

The actress wore a vintage Chanel jumpsuit.

Her spaghetti-strap look was styled with a quilted black sequin jacket which she removed once inside the venue.

This look is so simple, but I’m sure many of you are groaning that SJP appeared to over-accessorize again.

I mean what does she need to carry that would required a bag that big on the red carpet and does she really need three necklaces with this look?

Black Manolo Blahnik pumps and wavy tresses provided the finishing touches.

Credit: Getty

Alicia Keys' Givenchy Leather Sleeve Cotton Denim Jacket

Alicia Keys’ Givenchy Leather Sleeve Cotton Denim Jacket

‘Chanel: The Little Black Jacket’ Private Viewing

‘Chanel: The Little Black Jacket’ Private Viewing

20 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Vintage Chanel – amfAR’s Inspiration Gala

1. robbie October 12, 2012 at 14:51 #

im more bother by the fact she has 3 necklaces on than the big bag. saying that without the necklaces this look would be utterly boring.

2. dee October 12, 2012 at 15:01 #

She actually has on 3 necklaces. She should have worn just the tassel necklace and a small clutch. I like everything else.

• dee October 12, 2012 at 16:06 #

She needs to hem her pants.

3. TeaAtTwo October 12, 2012 at 15:09 #

Not to mention the trousers hem needed to be hitched upa couple of inches too..

4. gabis October 12, 2012 at 15:37 #

I don’t think she over-accesorized this time. Coat, weird bag and hemline aside I’m actually quite in love with her look. Flawless hair and makeup.

5. Odette October 12, 2012 at 15:43 #

Meh. She overaccessorizes 90% of her looks that she looks ridiculous. But this look is meh.

70% of the time Chanel is FRUMPY, AGING and BORING.

• Yeliz October 12, 2012 at 16:31 #

6. Beth Rodrigues October 12, 2012 at 16:06 #

okay, the bag must GO..but otherwise she looks terrific!

7. Agathe October 12, 2012 at 16:07 #

From a distance, the pile of necklaces looks like a very nice statement piece, in my opinion. The second picture looks really good to me.

• CreoleLady October 12, 2012 at 16:26 #

+1. I like the necklaces in the second look sans bag/jacket.

• Nat39 October 12, 2012 at 17:59 #

Agreed. Without the detailed jacket, the necklaces work perfectly as a statement element that along with her loose hair elevate this very simple look. It’s when the jacket comes into play, all the elements start competing with each other.

• Beta October 15, 2012 at 10:12 #

+1 agree, I like the look, which is weird considering its chanel

8. Andrea October 12, 2012 at 16:27 #

I like it. Very flattering look for her head to toe.

9. Jess2 October 12, 2012 at 16:58 #

Ok so not thrilled about the bag but otherwise I think she looks really great. The nackalces don’t bother me at all

10. Anita October 12, 2012 at 17:19 #

minus the jacket, I think she looks great. Although I would have loved it even more if she lost the 2 smaller smaller necklaces.

11. Hannah October 12, 2012 at 17:21 #

I really haven’t liked her style recently. Plus, every appearance is like a ninetines catwalk – she wears a jacket then takes it off.
    Also, my sister’s favourite recent fashion reference in SATC the movie, when Carrie wears a black strapless jumpsuit and a stack of gold bangles and looked divine, so I wish she had gone for somethign similar here. Basically, teh necklace works on no levels with this look, statement earrings, ring, bracelet – yes, necklace – no.

12. Noemi October 12, 2012 at 17:59 #

I think she looks good, but I don’t understand why she always carries big bags on red carpets, and even if she wants to carry lots of things with her, which I can understand, why doesn’t she give the bag to somebody when she poses for the photos?!?

13. Christine October 12, 2012 at 23:58 #

This whole look is boring and dated.

14. LabellaLuxe Boutique October 15, 2012 at 20:48 #

This jumpsuit looks great on her!

15. EmmaWoodhouse October 18, 2012 at 03:45 #

I seriously saw this and thought, What the HECK is this? It looks so dated! And silly! She has no charm for me as far as her style goes.