Menu

12.10.12

Sarah Jessica Parker In Vintage Chanel – amfAR’s Inspiration Gala

Sarah Jessica Parker joined Kate Hudson on the red carpet last night for amfAR’s Inspiration Gala at Milk Studios California.

The actress wore a vintage Chanel jumpsuit.

Her spaghetti-strap look was styled with a quilted black sequin jacket which she removed once inside the venue.

This look is so simple, but I’m sure many of you are groaning that SJP appeared to over-accessorize again.

I mean what does she need to carry that would required a bag that big on the red carpet and does she really need three necklaces with this look?

Black Manolo Blahnik pumps and wavy tresses provided the finishing touches.

Credit: Getty

Alicia Keys' Givenchy Leather Sleeve Cotton Denim Jacket

Alicia Keys’ Givenchy Leather Sleeve Cotton Denim Jacket

‘Chanel: The Little Black Jacket’ Private Viewing

‘Chanel: The Little Black Jacket’ Private Viewing

20 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker In Vintage Chanel – amfAR’s Inspiration Gala

1. EmmaWoodhouse October 18, 2012 at 03:45 #

I seriously saw this and thought, What the HECK is this? It looks so dated! And silly! She has no charm for me as far as her style goes.

2. LabellaLuxe Boutique October 15, 2012 at 20:48 #

This jumpsuit looks great on her!

3. Christine October 12, 2012 at 23:58 #

This whole look is boring and dated.

4. Noemi October 12, 2012 at 17:59 #

I think she looks good, but I don’t understand why she always carries big bags on red carpets, and even if she wants to carry lots of things with her, which I can understand, why doesn’t she give the bag to somebody when she poses for the photos?!?

5. Hannah October 12, 2012 at 17:21 #

I really haven’t liked her style recently. Plus, every appearance is like a ninetines catwalk – she wears a jacket then takes it off.
    Also, my sister’s favourite recent fashion reference in SATC the movie, when Carrie wears a black strapless jumpsuit and a stack of gold bangles and looked divine, so I wish she had gone for somethign similar here. Basically, teh necklace works on no levels with this look, statement earrings, ring, bracelet – yes, necklace – no.

6. Anita October 12, 2012 at 17:19 #

minus the jacket, I think she looks great. Although I would have loved it even more if she lost the 2 smaller smaller necklaces.

7. Jess2 October 12, 2012 at 16:58 #

Ok so not thrilled about the bag but otherwise I think she looks really great. The nackalces don’t bother me at all

8. Andrea October 12, 2012 at 16:27 #

I like it. Very flattering look for her head to toe.

9. Agathe October 12, 2012 at 16:07 #

From a distance, the pile of necklaces looks like a very nice statement piece, in my opinion. The second picture looks really good to me.

• CreoleLady October 12, 2012 at 16:26 #

+1. I like the necklaces in the second look sans bag/jacket.

• Nat39 October 12, 2012 at 17:59 #

Agreed. Without the detailed jacket, the necklaces work perfectly as a statement element that along with her loose hair elevate this very simple look. It’s when the jacket comes into play, all the elements start competing with each other.

• Beta October 15, 2012 at 10:12 #

+1 agree, I like the look, which is weird considering its chanel

10. Beth Rodrigues October 12, 2012 at 16:06 #

okay, the bag must GO..but otherwise she looks terrific!

11. Odette October 12, 2012 at 15:43 #

Meh. She overaccessorizes 90% of her looks that she looks ridiculous. But this look is meh.

70% of the time Chanel is FRUMPY, AGING and BORING.

• Yeliz October 12, 2012 at 16:31 #

12. gabis October 12, 2012 at 15:37 #

I don’t think she over-accesorized this time. Coat, weird bag and hemline aside I’m actually quite in love with her look. Flawless hair and makeup.

13. TeaAtTwo October 12, 2012 at 15:09 #

Not to mention the trousers hem needed to be hitched upa couple of inches too..

14. dee October 12, 2012 at 15:01 #

She actually has on 3 necklaces. She should have worn just the tassel necklace and a small clutch. I like everything else.

• dee October 12, 2012 at 16:06 #

She needs to hem her pants.

15. robbie October 12, 2012 at 14:51 #

im more bother by the fact she has 3 necklaces on than the big bag. saying that without the necklaces this look would be utterly boring.