Helena Bonham Carter and director Tim Burton attended the premiere of ‘Frankenweenie 3D’ which opened the 56th BFI London Film Festival at the Odeon Leicester Square in London yesterday evening.
The actress wore a familiar Marc Jacobs Resort 2011 dress.

This is the second outing for this black-and-white floral lace dress, because Helena wore it to the 2011 SAG Awards, but on this occasion she styled it with a black silk bolero.

There was a time when this sort of thing would’ve been frowned upon, but the Duchess has made reruns perfectly acceptable.

Helena’s signature curls were piled on top of her head, with kohl-rimmed eyes, light pink lips and pearl drop earrings completing her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Anne Hathaway In J. Mendel - Elyse Walker's Pink Party

Anne Hathaway In J. Mendel – Elyse Walker’s Pink Party

Antonia Campbell-Hughes In Alberta Ferretti - 'Frankenweenie 3D' London Film Festival Premiere

Antonia Campbell-Hughes In Alberta Ferretti – ‘Frankenweenie 3D’ London Film Festival Premiere

11 Responses to Helena Bonham Carter In Marc Jacobs – ‘Frankenweenie 3D’ London Film Festival Premiere

1. Juliana October 11, 2012 at 10:40 #

There’s something so adorable in Helena Boham-Carter’s wackiness that, no matter how weird she looks, I always find her looks somehow likable. I actually liked the SAG styling better (didn’t like the bolero that much, but if the weather in Paris is any indication, I guess it would be hard to brave the London night without it).

Also, I love her bag.

I know her style is not very approachable sometimes and that she’s had more than her share of weirdness on the red carpet, but in the end, it’s so nice to know that there’s someone who still seems to be having fun with all of this crazyness, instead of just trying to pull of *the* look, even when it clearly doesn’t work.

• dee October 11, 2012 at 13:36 #

I agree, I love Helena’s style.

2. Rash October 11, 2012 at 10:51 #

I am all in for reruns, but this dress has been worn so many times and it isn’t flattering at all. Frankly , it looks a mess.

3. robbie October 11, 2012 at 14:03 #

fabulous!

4. mimmi October 11, 2012 at 14:14 #

I LOVE HER! She is one of those people who can wear pretty much anything and get away with it. The dress, hair and make-up seems to suit her persona, and she looks really good! She’s a true icon!

5. Christine October 11, 2012 at 16:49 #

She is such a character. I actually like this look. It’s so her.

6. Ariel October 11, 2012 at 16:54 #

Freida Pinto also wore this dress a while back.

7. Nat39 October 11, 2012 at 18:53 #

I think this is absolutely awful, she just isn’t tall enough to carry it off well, the skirt completely overwhelms her lower body throwing off the proportions, sorry, she looks like a midget in this dress.

8. Yeliz October 11, 2012 at 20:59 #

She looks OK, but I liked the SAG styling more.

9. EmmaWoodhouse October 11, 2012 at 23:17 #

NO. The SAGS were barely a pass, because I like the dress and could not tolerate the styling there. Not so here!

10. Hanna October 11, 2012 at 23:18 #

I like it. It’s very much her style without being too weird.