Lady Gaga In Saint Laurent – Ecuador Embassy

Lady Gaga was spotted leaving the Ecuador Embassy in London last night wearing the first look from the Saint Laurent Spring 2013 designed by Hedi Slimane.

That means all bets are off for Jessica Chastain, the face of YSL Beaute, to wear the first look.

Gaga made the look her own by taking the ruffled blouse and sequin blazer from one look and the maxi skirt from another, styling the look with a wide-brim hat and obligatory platform heels.

Those of you following the Lady Gaga vs. Cathy Horyn and Cathy Horyn vs. Hedi Slimane feuds won’t be surprised that Gaga is wearing this look.

It’s almost like a two-finger salute to the fashion critic who wrote a less than glowing review of the Saint Laurent Spring 2013 collection.

I guess the ball is back in Cathy’s court.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Lady Gaga In Alexander Wang - Departing The Late Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Lady Gaga In Alexander Wang – Departing The Late Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Lady Gaga In Saint Laurent - Yoko Ono Grant for Peace Ceremony

Lady Gaga In Saint Laurent – Yoko Ono Grant for Peace Ceremony

23 Responses to Lady Gaga In Saint Laurent – Ecuador Embassy

1. Beta October 10, 2012 at 14:17 #

Now that you mention it, I read an interesting article in Jezebel of how Heidi Slimane has been a nuisance to the press, not only Horyn, giving them seats with low visibilty etc It’s kind of shaped my view of the designer as a guy with a big and fragile ego

2. LeeAnn October 10, 2012 at 14:22 #

Halloween is not until the 31st! She looks like she is trying out for the touring cast of Wicked.

Somehow I think this picture confirmed Cathy’s review . dreadful, dreadful collection.

3. Valeria October 10, 2012 at 14:24 #

She looks like a witch.

• Rash October 10, 2012 at 15:04 #

+1.
      I don’t know much about the fueds, but she absolutely look like witch here, like shez returning back from a kids’ series shoot! :D

• dee October 10, 2012 at 17:53 #

I agree and why does she always look like she is in a daze? She makes clothes look like costumes and not outfits.

• voiceofreason October 11, 2012 at 07:05 #

Halloween came early

• EmmaWoodhouse October 11, 2012 at 22:11 #

Yup, Happy Halloween!

4. Anne g October 10, 2012 at 14:26 #

Oh my god. I’m shocked because i love this look on lady gaga. For the first Time for me Lady gaga is WoW. It’s a miracle

5. Christine October 10, 2012 at 14:32 #

She looks like a witch here. I am not surprised she is the first to wear a look from his collection.

• Yeliz October 10, 2012 at 21:31 #

6. Jui ho October 10, 2012 at 14:33 #

I surmise, Ms Horyn, a revered fashion journalist, is the least perturbed.

7. ash October 10, 2012 at 15:01 #

I’m disappointed in Gaga and how she’s supporting Slimane in this whole Cathy Horyn issue because she also has a problem with Cathy. A lot of people are looking up to you, Gaga!

8. robbie October 10, 2012 at 15:49 #

okay look but nothing mind blowing.

im so out of the fashion loop when did they drop the yves from yves saint laurent??? either way the collection was boring as hell, it is SPRING SUMMER where is the colour, this is spring summer if you are morticia addams perhaps.

• Beta October 10, 2012 at 16:08 #

+1 on the outfit.
      I wrote a comment before but it didn’t pass moderation :P it was a link to an article were it discusses Slimane’s awkwards relationship with the press, specifically how he’s refused to do press or give explanations for the name change of the brand. I also didn’t get that news, and its weird because I worship the master Yves. You can find the article if your interested googling ‘jezebel heidi slimane’ (I wont post the link again for fear of moderation jeje :P)

• robbie October 10, 2012 at 17:45 #

thanks just read the article WOW!

• Leeann October 10, 2012 at 16:12 #

One of the first things Hedi did was drop the Yves. I think it’s called rearrange the chairs on the Titantic

• Fashion Critic October 10, 2012 at 16:20 #

LOL…that really made me LOL…so very true.

They should put it to bed already or just sell the accessories.

• leeann October 10, 2012 at 16:48 #

Agreed

• Hannah October 10, 2012 at 20:28 #

I’m never optimistic until it comes to fashion, I still think that it can come back :)
          I do think, however, that since maybe 2009 YSL has been dull. On the other fhand, fall 2006, spring 2007 and spring 2008 were amazing.

9. mini October 10, 2012 at 16:07 #

Im so shocked that Gaga would be allowed first dibs on Saint Laurent. it makes further mockery of the brand…

10. Vera October 10, 2012 at 16:32 #

As for me, I’m very thankful for Mr. Sliman for ont having invités Cathy – at least, there was one truthful review to the so-called “collection”.

It was a complete, insupportable disaster.

11. Joan October 10, 2012 at 18:11 #

Probably the first time ever I like what she wears!
    She looks elegant and beautiful!

12. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) October 10, 2012 at 19:59 #

I never get her. Pure Halloween. Is no one discussing the brunette hair and 25 lb weight gain? I can only imagine what tricks she will have invented by the time she is Madonna’s age to try and stay relevant.