Naomi Watts In Marchesa – ‘The Impossible’ Madrid Premiere

Naomi Watts was in Spain last night for the Madrid premiere of her latest movie ‘The Impossible’.

The actress wore a dress by her favourite designers: Marchesa.

Her white jacquard knee-length dress with voluminous shoulders from the Resort 2013 collection was styled with a Louis Vuitton striped mother-of-pearl clutch, Chopard earrings and Christian Louboutin ‘Summerissima’ sandals.

I love this look from the ankles up. Although these Louboutin heels have been worn on the red carpet by Taylor Swift in her J. Mendel gown, they don’t feel dressy enough for her Marchesa look.

Gold strappy sandals would’ve been preferred.

Sultry rouge lips and wavy blonde locks completed her look.

Are you equally irked by her sandals?

Credit: FameFlynet & Style.com

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Style Stalker - Out In LA

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley In Style Stalker – Out In LA

Lady Gaga In Alexander McQueen - Harrods Fragrance Launch

Lady Gaga In Alexander McQueen – Harrods Fragrance Launch

28 Responses to Naomi Watts In Marchesa – ‘The Impossible’ Madrid Premiere

1. Fashion Follows Her October 9, 2012 at 11:44 #

Reminds me of winter wonderland, so maybe some high pearl encrusted stilettos would have worked better? Nice look tho, very pretty….

2. pepe October 9, 2012 at 12:33 #

on the model looks good, on her is like a 80’s dress

3. Jess2 October 9, 2012 at 12:34 #

Love the dress and the lip but she really needed to have her hair up like the model! The sandals aren’t great either.

4. vicky October 9, 2012 at 12:45 #

I feel she’s overwhelmed by the shoulders. Don’t like it.

5. Arlena October 9, 2012 at 13:01 #

Oh dear, this is wrong in so many ways! The hair needs to be up, trade the shoes for those on the model, add a clutch that matches, and cut a few inches off the bottom to make the whole outfit a bit more flattering. Leave the make up though, it’s perfect.

6. Noemi October 9, 2012 at 13:46 #

Even if I don’t like the shoes, at least not with this beautiful dress (maybe without the platform they could be great), and the hem could have been done better, I think it could be BDOTW worthy.

7. robbie October 9, 2012 at 14:18 #

it looks like something that joan collins would wear in dynasty. i cant see shoulder pads anymore without thinking of hilary devey from dragons den.

8. CTgirl October 9, 2012 at 14:38 #

Crystal Carrington from Dynasty. Make. It. Stop.

• manja October 10, 2012 at 09:27 #

+1 on Crystal Carrington from Dynasty,not my fav must say

9. Francesca October 9, 2012 at 14:46 #

I, for one, think she looks gorgeous from head to toe!

10. Dhppy October 9, 2012 at 15:07 #

I disagree with the Dynasty references some have made. Yes, the shoulders are big, but the 80’s looks never had shoulders that were sculptural like this. I think the dress is lovely, and well thought out. I am, however, missing the belt. The shoes, I could go either way on. They certainly work with the handbag.

11. shap_half October 9, 2012 at 15:13 #

I think this is one of her worst looks. Naomi usually looks very elegant – this looks super kitschy in a bad way. On the model, it looks ok, but on Naomi, it looks really off-putting

12. EmmaWoodhouse October 9, 2012 at 15:17 #

At first glance I thought this was Madonna. Weird, right? I guess it must be the hair.
    I love the dress on the model, but once again Naomi disappoints in this collection. it does look *nice* on her, but it also makes her look a bit broad-shouldered and I’m missing the belt. Her clutch and shoes don’t really go with the look either, thought they are nice. I wish that she had chosen a sparkly clutch and sparkly peeptoes.

13. Koma October 9, 2012 at 15:22 #

I thought she was Madonna when I saw the picture!

14. Sara October 9, 2012 at 15:36 #

Funny I think she looks absolutely beautiful. Shoes aren’t my favorite, but I’m willing to overlook. But when I read the comments, I can’t help but wonder if we are seeing the same thing. LOL

15. Christine October 9, 2012 at 15:40 #

I like the dress just not with the shoes.

16. Joan October 9, 2012 at 15:57 #

The dress is beautiful on the model but I dont like it on naomi her shoulders look du broad for my liking.

• Yeliz October 9, 2012 at 17:34 #

I agree.

• Alina October 10, 2012 at 07:28 #

17. Rebecca Z October 9, 2012 at 16:02 #

I really like her in the dress. Not so much the shoes, but they don’t kill it for me.

18. lu October 9, 2012 at 17:21 #

I like the dress. shoes are not perfect, but not bad either. I only dislike the hair, she really needed to have an updo. Overall it`s an ok look

19. Nat39 October 9, 2012 at 18:59 #

I’m equally irked by the sandals, they simply do not belong with this dress.

20. Chloe October 9, 2012 at 20:44 #

Don’t like the shoes, but I think it’s the pose that ruins this for me

21. rosdays.blogspot.co.il October 9, 2012 at 20:47 #

Love the dress despite the fact that those kind of dresses are so despite overdiscussed.. terrible shoes – but overall she looks great !!!

22. Nadine October 9, 2012 at 21:11 #

I’m irked more by the shoulders…started from the bottom & thought the shoes added to the forties vibe.

23. Hannah October 10, 2012 at 02:44 #

I wouldn’t say that the sandals are necessarily nto dressy, but more not in keeping with the rest of the look. They are very modern and sleek and fresh, which is why they work with modern gowns, like Taylor’s j Mendel, but this look is more vintage inspired and ladylike, so a more delicate shoe would be better.

24. CoutureAbility October 10, 2012 at 12:17 #

My first thought was…”Couture rugby, since when?!”

25. taksi October 11, 2012 at 00:04 #

I thought it was Madonna at first…that’s not good. The shoulders look horrible on her.

She wears white an awful lot as well.