Lady Gaga In Alexander McQueen – Harrods Fragrance Launch

Yesterday Lady Gaga was spotted in London headed to her ‘Fame’ fragrance launch which was held at Harrods.

The singer wore an Alexander McQueen Fall 2012 look.

Her black ponyskin laser-cut dress with fluffy pom-pom-like accents was styled with the same furry runway boots with a horse-hoof platform, but she decided not to wear the silver visor, opting for an OTT gold Philip Treacy Spring 2013 headpiece instead.

The gold and black theme appears to be in homage to the colours used for the bottle of her fragrance.

I know many of you cry a little inside every time you see Gaga wearing Alexander McQueen (or any designer), so how do you feel about this look?

Credit: Style.com & FameFlynet

Naomi Watts In Marchesa - ‘The Impossible’ Madrid Premiere

Naomi Watts In Marchesa – ‘The Impossible’ Madrid Premiere

Tilda Swinton's Haider Ackermann Wool Silk Shantung Dress

Tilda Swinton’s Haider Ackermann Wool Silk Shantung Dress

24 Responses to Lady Gaga In Alexander McQueen – Harrods Fragrance Launch

1. Beta October 9, 2012 at 14:15 #

gaga’s a great pop singer, but the fact that she’s so over the top and so ubiquitous is tiresome. Id love to see this amazing creation on Florence Welch or some other brave person.

• roxy October 9, 2012 at 16:42 #

+1 very tiresome indeed

2. robbie October 9, 2012 at 14:16 #

gimmicky as always when it comes to her.

3. nina October 9, 2012 at 14:29 #

she doesn’t have the height for this dress…the dress is wearing her. i don’t like it.

• Yeliz October 9, 2012 at 17:36 #

4. dee October 9, 2012 at 14:29 #

This would have been nice without the head-gear.

• Christine October 9, 2012 at 15:02 #

5. carolina October 9, 2012 at 14:46 #

I really appreciate her look-as-performance and find myself a little impatient with those who criticize her for wearing designers – as if designer garb was proprietary rather than a consumer good! Gaultier, McQueen, and others WANT to be OTT, and in at least several instances, have dressed her themselves. She must be understood within her own context.

I think of fashion as Lee Young Li thinks of poetry: the poet creates a vessel of meaning to be filled by those who read it.

• Juliana October 9, 2012 at 15:21 #

• tiffany October 9, 2012 at 21:26 #

+1 exquisitely stated.

6. EmmaWoodhouse October 9, 2012 at 15:20 #

I didn’t like the dress on the runway, so she doesn’t *ruin* it for me here…that said, I don’t think it flatters her AND that headpiece is like an evil Lady Liberty look.
    Comical attempt at theatrics, per usual.

7. priyanka October 9, 2012 at 15:26 #

i think my overall issue with her is really highlighted in this look. the mcqueen piece itself is a work of art and adding things like the headpiece just takes away from it. i don’t mind her wearing designers, but i would like her to show some self-restraint.

• sara October 9, 2012 at 18:27 #

agreed

8. Zissou October 9, 2012 at 15:33 #

I absolutely adore the headpiece.
    I dislike everything else.

9. Sara October 9, 2012 at 15:33 #

Well if she didn’t wear these looks, we’d never see them off the runway! Go Gaga Go!

10. Joy October 9, 2012 at 16:03 #

” cry a little inside every time you see Gaga wearing Alexander McQueen (or any designer)”–That’s funny!

I think that is so true. Part of me loved her in the vintage Versace and part of me was furious that she was trivializing something so gorgeous. I loved it because I was just so thrilled to see those pieces again. It was like stepping back in time.

When Gaga steps out, I’m sometimes happy to see the pieces that are pretty daring for most. If she didn’t wear them maybe we would never get the opportunity to see them off the runway. A. McQueen being my all time favorite, I say stay away from these amazing pieces and let someone who isn’t going to costumify the designs give it a try.

11. CreoleLady October 9, 2012 at 16:30 #

I like it. Would love it on someone taller, sans head gear and with tights. But on Gaga, I even like the headgear.

She makes me laugh, sometimes at her and sometimes with her. And always at the response she gets. This time it’s with her.

12. sanya October 9, 2012 at 16:36 #

I think that she should found somebody to help her with her looks, so that she could be chick and weird at the same time. Recently, she’s just been weird, and destroyed some really nice dresses

13. Rebecca Z October 9, 2012 at 16:39 #

In this instance, I find them in equally bad taste.

14. Eirwen October 9, 2012 at 17:04 #

Two words: tiny and barrel-shaped.

15. Magdalena. October 9, 2012 at 18:54 #

I always cry a little inside every time I see Gaga. Period.

16. Tina October 10, 2012 at 00:35 #

I agree with both sides in this discussion. I don’t mind who she wears, but yes, it is tiresome.

I think folks would appreciate it more if she did it less.

17. Noemi October 10, 2012 at 08:45 #

I like the headpiece, who else could wear it? Maybe it’s too much even for AdR. But the “dress” and the boots are ugly. It wouldn’t be a bad idea if Gaga stopped wearing furs. But I must say that, not being a fan of her (I like her songs and she’s got a great voice but as a person I don’t find her particularly interesting) that even if she says to her Little Monsters to accept themselves for what they’re it seems she’s the one who keeps on modifying her aspect with platforms, wigs etc.

18. Amy October 10, 2012 at 14:35 #

I don’t think anybody else would wear that dress so I have no problems with Gaga wearing it as long as she stays away from Versace couture or any other Red carpet possible choices