04.10.12

Elie Saab Spring 2013

Elie Saab’s Spring 2013 collection was a very colourful one.

Models glided down the runway in electric blue, teal, rose pink, shocking pink, beige, chocolate and some exciting prints were thrown into the mix.

A few of the looks, ranging from day dresses to red-carpet gowns, took to the runway with a matching shoulder bag, clutch, or tote which continue to improved from season to season.

There were a few pieces I really loved like the printed dresses and look 29, a strapless cream dress decorated with embellishments which fluttered so beautifully down the runway.

Look 25, a white jumpsuit (as a jumpsuit obsessive) also caught my eye as did look 40, an electric-blue lace tiered gown.   The striped pieces stood out. But as for the rest it all felt really familiar.

Celebrities will no doubt snap up the collection; hopefully the printed look will get a run out.

I read on Twitter that celebs were requesting dress just from viewing Instagram pictures, so we will no doubt see this collection on the red carpet very soon.

Taylor Swift was in the front row, so she might be tempted to return to her embellished-gown-loving ways after seeing this collection.

Front Row: Taylor Swift, Rachel Zoe, Virginie Ledoyen, Alain Delon, Elsa Pataky, Clotilde Courau, Alysson Paradis

Favourites: White jumpsuit and electric-blue tiered lace gown

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Taylor Swift, Fan Bingbing, Sarah Jessica Parker, Emily Blunt, Hilary Swank, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Keira Knightley, Anna Kendrick, Nieves Alvarez, Jessica Biel, Rachel McAdams, Olga Kurylenko, Nina Dobrev, Zoe Saldana and Katy Perry

Credit: Style.com

Who Wore Temperley London Better...Katy Perry or Ashlee Simpson?

Who Wore Temperley London Better…Katy Perry or Ashlee Simpson?

Lady Gaga In Vintage Versace - Hotel Principe di Savoia

Lady Gaga In Vintage Versace – Hotel Principe di Savoia

20 Responses to Elie Saab Spring 2013

1. Amy October 4, 2012 at 13:42 #

this a very nice collection. Lately Elie has been giving me a sense of deja vu dresses with a twist but here the collection is fresh and beautiful

2. Iris October 4, 2012 at 15:00 #

We know Elie Saab is one of your favourite designers, FC. That’s why I love it that you have the courage to say that most of his collection “felt really familiar”.
    Good stuff.

• Fashion Critic October 4, 2012 at 15:08 #

thanks Iris.

3. DUNZOO October 4, 2012 at 15:24 #

I’m getting bored by Elie Saab’s collections (even the couture ones), the striped pieces were interesting though.

• Lauren October 4, 2012 at 17:15 #

Agreed, this collection was the final straw.

The repetitiveness is so boring now.

He used to be so creative, but appears to have lost his mojo

• FashionDiva October 5, 2012 at 22:09 #

I totally agree! Out of all the middle eastern designers, my favorite is Naeem Khan. He is never cliche, predictable, and every collection is so different each season. It seems as if Elie Saab, Zuhair Murad, Basil Soda, etc, they all make flowy chiffon dresses with slits and lots of embroidery.

It was stylish and unique 10 years ago, but now its just repetitive to the max. Naeem Khan is much better IMHO.

4. DUNZOO October 4, 2012 at 15:27 #

i mean the printed pieces

5. Lisa October 4, 2012 at 17:14 #

I think this collection is amazing. I would have a hard time picking a favorite piece.

6. Thelma October 4, 2012 at 18:30 #

As an avid fan of your posts as well as a great admirer of both Elie Saab and Karlie Kloss I wish you could tell me whether you know why the model didn’t show up at the show.
    Thanks and keep up the good work !

• Fashion Critic October 4, 2012 at 18:45 #

I don’t why she wasn’t there. As the face of the brand it was very strange

From what I have heard the reason we aren’t seeing the top models at a lot of shows is because their fees are too high, but that is the word on the street. Who really knows

7. F4fashion October 4, 2012 at 18:38 #

I think the collection is amazing! I especially love how the lines tastefully accentuate womens figures and the bold prints which stood out on the runway. In this collection, Elie showed again why we all love him.

8. Nat39 October 4, 2012 at 19:07 #

It’s a beautiful collection. Love look 11 (the 3rd in the row above), and also like beautiful elegant gown 37.

9. Yeliz October 4, 2012 at 20:29 #

Love it as always. And I’m so happy that the King created very different pieces this time with that beautiful print and the lace. Yes, there are some familiar ones, but that doesn’t keep me from loving them. I don’t have a favourite, because I love the entire collection.

10. Bec October 5, 2012 at 01:53 #

I love the collection.

Yes, some of it is familiar, but Elie is famous for creating beautiful, classic, feminine pieces, not for pushing the envelope with out-there designs… and going on that he has delivered to me!!! :D :D

11. adralina October 5, 2012 at 09:05 #

i loved this collection! he does print so well!

12. Pene October 5, 2012 at 09:13 #

There is something that spells versace in look 31,32& 37 especially the Kate Hudson dress

13. callisto October 5, 2012 at 13:06 #

Elie Saab is the pinnacle of femininity, a dreamworld of downright gorgeous dresses, the one house that doesn’t discard beauty for trend and I love it!………

• f4fashion October 5, 2012 at 15:48 #

Very well said! Elie will remain the king.

14. EmmaWoodhouse October 5, 2012 at 15:44 #

I love the fresh fun feel of this collection–would hav preferred the lace dresses to be lined, as I can’t appreciate them as are–but the stripes were a welcome addition. I like his RTW collections a lot, but Couture blows me away. Looking forward to that!

15. Werring Smykker July 16, 2013 at 00:19 #

So simple but with a lot of style…!