Rihanna In Acne – 40/40 Club At Barclays Center Grand Opening

Rihanna was in New York yesterday for the grand opening of Jay-Z’s new club, 40/40 Club, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn.

The singer, who has donned PJs in the past on the red carpet, wore an Acne Resort 2012 look.

Her silk shirt and trousers ensemble with a currency print was styled with her favourite Manolo Blahnik pumps, which she owns in several colours, and a gold necklace.

Showing off her edgy cropped ‘do, she completed her look with a matte-red lip colour.

You hated Rihanna’s last PJ-esque look, so how does this look fare?

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Olivia Wilde In Alexander McQueen - ‘Butter’ New York Premiere

Olivia Wilde In Alexander McQueen – ‘Butter’ New York Premiere

Ariel Winter In Collette Dinnigan - Teen Vogue's 10th Anniversary Annual Young Hollywood Party

Ariel Winter In Collette Dinnigan – Teen Vogue’s 10th Anniversary Annual Young Hollywood Party

16 Responses to Rihanna In Acne – 40/40 Club At Barclays Center Grand Opening

1. MEME September 28, 2012 at 12:23 #

So she went to the club in her pajama’s??????….

2. Yeliz September 28, 2012 at 12:31 #

Why didn’t she button up her shirt? It looks stupid.
    I didn’t liked the last look and don’t like this one, either.

• admmgz September 28, 2012 at 15:58 #

I might’ve liked this on someone else but I really don’t get why she has it unbuttoned…overall, the look is meh

3. Rash September 28, 2012 at 13:09 #

Honestly, now I find the previous one much much much better ! This is just BAD – still in the bed with complete make up look !

4. T from Sydney September 28, 2012 at 13:24 #

If she had worn them as separates i would like it but together is just ugh.

5. mm September 28, 2012 at 13:41 #

I love it. I love her short hair

6. Bethany September 28, 2012 at 14:20 #

I don’t want to not like it. I really really want to be fashion forward. But she looks like she just walked off the set of A Different World circa 1989 where she was playing someone’s mom. I think the short hair is aging her, and the pj-look comes off as lazy rather than edgy. (The runway outfits are much better as they pair the pjs with some structural pieces.)

7. the(un?)social butterfly September 28, 2012 at 14:35 #

The hair and makeup look amazing! Best hair ever for Rihanna.

I don´t mind the pajama look, I think it´s cool without being particularly flattering, but the ones she previously wore were cooler that these ones.

8. Taylor September 28, 2012 at 14:54 #

Love that she’s still sexy without it being tight and short.

9. Amy September 28, 2012 at 16:21 #

sorry, this is awful, the only good thing about Riri here is her head!

10. Rebecca Z September 28, 2012 at 17:41 #

I am a total sucker for this woman–she can wear things I would hate on anyone else. To me she just looks chic and comfortable. I like it.

• Saree September 28, 2012 at 19:17 #

I agree with your comfortable remark. Whether she wears an outfit that is a hit or miss (for me, it’s mostly a hit) she always looks comfortable. She always wears her outfits with confidence no matter what it is. Compare that to someone like Gaga, who although takes those bold risks(?) usually looks uncomfortable.

11. andrea September 28, 2012 at 18:18 #

I wouldn’t be surprised if Jay-Z took one look at her and told her to go home and change. Its horrible – she’s wrapped in a fading $20 bill

12. Christine September 28, 2012 at 19:46 #

Not liking this look. Her last PJ look was much better.

13. Dee September 29, 2012 at 00:22 #

while this silhouette is a refreshing change from young hollywood’s tight-n-short; the color seems to wash her out a bit. The hair also isn’t styled as “nice” as in other appearances. Stilllll…she’s warmed me up to the PJ trend…a bit. lol

14. EmmaWoodhouse September 29, 2012 at 17:40 #

Unbuttoned pajama shirt? REALLY? This is such a sloppy look because of that. I don’t like the pajama trend at all, but if she had buttoned the shirt and tried to play up the crisp, minimalist vibe I MIGHT have given her a pass. This just makes me want to send her back to bed.