28.09.12

Michelle Dockery’s Red Carpet Style

On my VirginMedia TiVo box I currently have approximately 15 unwatched episodes of ‘Downtown Abbey’ I need to catch up on (I’m waiting for a quiet weekend), so I will do the same with Michelle Dockery’s style, as I am yet to feature her.

Starting with the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Foundation’s 2012 Emmy Awards Reception, the British actress wore a Stella McCartney floral dress, which is very Erdem-esque.

Black accessories would’ve been an easy option, but she opted to style the look with a Be&D ‘Kumamoto’ beige clutch and nude Christian Louboutin pumps.

Joining a whole host of stars on the red carpet at the Variety And Women In Film Pre-Emmy Event on Friday, Michelle opted for an Erdem ‘Ariel’ dress from the Fall 2012 collection.

The pink-and-black lace dress is the epitome of sophisticated uptown refinement.

Black pumps and a black-embroidered velvet clutch completed this look.

On Saturday she attended the BAFTA Los Angeles TV Tea 2012 presented by BBC America in West Hollywood wearing a Nina Ricci silk crepe printed and embroidered tulle dress from the Resort 2013 collection.

I adore the styling with the retro updo, the cream Be&D clutch, contrasting orange leather pumps and coral lip shade.

Sadly, things grinded to a screaming halt on Sunday evening at the 2012 Emmy Awards.

I don’t like anything about her custom Louis Vuitton bustier satin gown with an organza yoke which was styled with a gold Jimmy Choo ‘Cameo’ clutch.

In fact I am surprised this is custom-made as the fit is terrible, starting from the bodice and ending with the awkward length. The back peplum is also unflattering and don’t get me started on those creases.

Credit: Getty

Tulisa Contostavlos In Ted Baker - This Morning

Tulisa Contostavlos In Ted Baker – This Morning

Ashley Greene In Donna Karan - ‘Butter’ New York Premiere

Ashley Greene In Donna Karan – ‘Butter’ New York Premiere

8 Responses to Michelle Dockery’s Red Carpet Style

1. Yeliz September 28, 2012 at 12:00 #

Her Nina Ricci look is my favourite, I love the pop of colour via the pumps. The other two (Stella McCartney and Erdem) looks are also very beautiful.

But that LV ‘custom-made’ gown is a total disaster. I can’t believe that it was made for her, either. It looks so unflattering and cheap. One of the worst custom-made gowns I have ever seen.

2. Clara September 28, 2012 at 13:01 #

Michelle Dockery looks like royalty to me… Loved all her looks except the ‘custom made’ LV. I was schocked to know that it was a LV custom made dress… it’s awfull!! You told everything I thing about it above!

3. CreoleLady September 28, 2012 at 13:54 #

It is a real shame about her Emmy gown. The color and her red lips are wonderful with her complexion and hair. What a disservice to the client and their brand — unless the company wants to he known for shoddy work.

4. Moxie September 28, 2012 at 15:24 #

She was one of my worst dressed on Emmy night. The whole thing is awful — the fit, the creases… oh my.

5. Odette September 28, 2012 at 16:36 #

I agree with everyone before me about her horrible Louis Vuitton Disaster. But hopefully the three looks before that finally prove she got a stylist, as she was horrible at the MET Gala (not self-respecting stylist would let her go out so blandly).

She has a long way to go, but hopefully it is in the same way as her Erdem and Nina Ricci looks.

6. Anita September 28, 2012 at 17:19 #

I’m still reeling from the LV Emmy dress.
    Such a dissapointment cos I was really looking forward to seeing Michelle.

How did anyone ok this!
    I sort of excused/dismissed it cos I thought maybe she got it last minute and wasn’t able to tailor it properly etc. then I find out its “custom”.

it looks like one of those post award show rip-off dresses that you find in the mall.

Shame on everyone invovled!

7. Aline September 28, 2012 at 21:54 #

I love Michelle, but, from what I’ve seen so far, I’m not really into her RC style. Except for the Nina Ricci look, which she nailed.

8. EmmaWOodhouse September 29, 2012 at 16:03 #

The first three looks are great–especially love the Erdem. It’s a shame about the Emmys. A crying shame. :(