Emma Watson attended a special screening of her latest flick ‘The Perks Of Being A Wallflower’ held at the Mayfair Hotel in London last night.

The British actress becomes the third person this week to don a look from the Christian Dior Fall 2012 Couture, after Julianne Moore and Natalie Portman, but Emma opted for something more masculine.

Her black cut-off ballgown was styled with black cigarette pants.

I love the peplum effect of this look, but the hair is too cutesy. Even though she’s done the slicked-back hair and red-lip look several times before, it would’ve really worked to give this outfit an edge.

Emma styled her look with simple black Dior pumps, diamond Boucheron earrings and a silver Tiffany & Co. keys heart pendant necklace.

Credit: Style.com, FameFlynet & Getty

Kate Mara In Christian Dior - 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Kate Mara In Christian Dior – 2014 Creative Arts Emmy Awards

Nina Dobrev In Zuhair Murad Couture - 2012 iHeartRadio Music Festival

Nina Dobrev In Zuhair Murad Couture – 2012 iHeartRadio Music Festival

28 Responses to Emma Watson In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Perks Of Being A Wallflower’ London Screening

1. Yeliz September 27, 2012 at 11:39 #

This ensemble looks fantastic on the model, but Emma can’t pull it off. It looks like a minidress worn with pants on her. Besides, the pants are too long.
    I hope we will see this look on someone who can pull it off, someone taller.

• Emily September 27, 2012 at 12:10 #

+1, as much as I love Emma, she just didn’t have the height to pull this off! Think Gweyneth Paltrow or Tilda Swinton…

• Serena September 27, 2012 at 12:16 #

Agreed.

• gabis September 27, 2012 at 12:45 #

Totally agree. Not to mention it looks a thousand times better with the bold lips and neck cuff the model’s wearing, however I believe not even that styling would’ve saved Emma’s disaster.

• dee September 27, 2012 at 13:41 #

I agree.

• Christine September 27, 2012 at 14:24 #

Hate to say but I agree.

• manja September 28, 2012 at 10:48 #

+1,it’s just too long and deflated on her,make up & hair do not go with it either

2. Lola September 27, 2012 at 11:47 #

Nobody look good in Raf Simons designs. It’s tragic. I don’t like the new Dior. Sorry

3. TL September 27, 2012 at 11:54 #

Love both the look and the hair style, it’s super chic without being too sexy.

But I wish she could go down one size for the pants.

4. Charlotte September 27, 2012 at 11:57 #

The “dress” is too long. It’s better on the model.

5. Petra September 27, 2012 at 12:03 #

The pants are too office-like and the top is not the right length. It either should’ve been shorter or longer and worn only as a dress.

6. Lee Ann September 27, 2012 at 12:03 #

She looks terrible. Marion Coutard looks wonderful in Raf’s designs. You need a bit of je ne sais pas to carry these designs off. I never understood the appeal of Emma Watson.

7. T from Sydney September 27, 2012 at 12:05 #

The outfit should of been tailored to Emma’s height and shape. i dont think it looks good on her. i think the skirt and pants need to be shorter and the skirt needed more volume

Also her posture ruins the look. Having a hunch back is never sexy.

• Lee Ann September 27, 2012 at 16:40 #

This outfot is from the Haute Couture Runway and tailored for a very tall model. They make one. Therefore you either fit it or you don’t. They do not hem, take in, shorten or tailor. To Dior this is the equivalent of curling the hair on the Mona Lisa

• Bob September 27, 2012 at 18:41 #

Disagree, take a look at the top of he bodice, it is completely different. Haute couture is meant to be tailored for the customer (celeb freebies however?)

• Fashion Critic September 27, 2012 at 19:59 #

Bob, these Couture looks cost thousands of pounds, I highly doubt one was made especially for Emma.

As with the case with Natalie Portman, these looks lose some of their gloss off the red carpet. I believe bodice appears different because of the way it has been styled to showcase the bralet underneath

• gabis September 27, 2012 at 20:43 #

I have no idea what happens inside Fashion Houses, but juldging by the pictures, Emma’s outfit seems slightly different from the runway one. Since the one from the runway costs a lot and is intented for presentation, maybe they make other ones with different/less expensive fabrics so that celebrities can wear them. If that is the case, then they could’ve tailored it for her.

• Fashion Critic September 27, 2012 at 21:12 #

that is also a very strong possibility.

• Laura September 27, 2012 at 18:58 #

If that’s the case then Dior shouldn’t have let someone of Emma’s height wear it!

8. Bec September 27, 2012 at 12:12 #

Like Natalie’s dress this hasn’t got the structure or volume as presented on the runway and throws the proportions out…..like others said it looks like a dress over trousers which is not a good look to me!!

9. Ancika September 27, 2012 at 12:14 #

Aren’t the pants too long? The whole outfit seems too big for her.

10. shap_half September 27, 2012 at 12:22 #

I think this is one of her worst-ever looks. Generally, I find her to be incredibly smart with her style choices, but this just doesn’t make sense. The peplum is too long so she looks like she has on pants and a dress. Not a fan.

11. Angela R. September 27, 2012 at 12:51 #

It is simple: Emma Watson is still pretty young and has not developed yet that special touch from mature stylish women for whom Raf Simons designed this collection. Marion Cotillard, Rachel Weisz and Jessica Biel are greats examples on how to pull looks like this off…

12. Noemi September 28, 2012 at 08:36 #

She looks very cute, and I love this collection, but I would have preferred the runway length of skirt and pants. I know that this expensive clothes are only lent to celebrities, but this doesn’t look particularly expensive (at least the pants). It’s on behalf of Dior to make people look great with its clothes, so they could do better with this. I’m very curious to know how the all “thing” works, because sometimes I see editorials with expensive clothes which risk to be ruined by water or other things.

13. Dan Oliver September 28, 2012 at 09:20 #

Im never overly inspired by Emma but this is awful she needed something edgy to pull this off the hair and make up is all wrong plus she needs to be a foot taller to pull it off

14. Jess2 September 28, 2012 at 11:55 #

I really want to love this but it just isn’t happening. This would have been quite good without the pants, I really love the dress. I agree about the hair and makeup – big disconnect between the face and outfit.

15. EmmaWoodhouse September 28, 2012 at 14:51 #

Nothing against Emma, but I cannot abide this look. I do like her hair, but the outfit is terrible.

16. Vera September 28, 2012 at 15:25 #

No doubt, working at DIOR means less freedom than for Jil Sander, but Raf’s whole couture collection is a one big pain.